• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

I've only personally played like 5 matches, and outside of some lag, I had no issues at all. My brother played for like 5 hours straight and a buddy of mine on PSN played a ton of it.

Aside from Conquest not working, is it really so broken? I did have the save file corruption thing happen last night but it was before I had ever really done anything, so I don't know what I lost from it having to overwrite the save.

yeah, aside from single player eating your saves and conquest (the most popular mode in Battlefield) not working and the other typical crash and freeze bugs, it really doesn't sound so bad!

kurahadol

I can't even get into picking a multiplayer game because that god damn CE error message pops up every time. I've deleted my save file on both my data and cloud, still doing this shit. What the hell EA.

leng jai

Good thing I passed on the PC version and still have to wait a few weeks for the PS4. This game seems to be an even bigger clusterfuck than BF3 at launch.

DoctorZ

I got into two Rush games, but I have yet to get into any Conquest matches. I loaded into two Conquest games, but they had yet to start, then they just disconnected.

Conquest is all I basically want to play.

DoctorZ

So, just to be clear, there have been zero 64 player games played on PS4 yet?

When I search I see plenty of 58/64 and 61/64 games, but I cannot get into them. Maybe 50+ tries now and none have worked. Are people actually in them or are they matches that are in the preparing phase and then they disconnect once the match starts?

I get into a conquest gamebut only if the countdown is going, then when it reaches zero it disconnects or crashes entirely.

Pastry

Banned
So . . . if I pick this up for the PS4 is there a big community?

I haven't run into a shortage of players. It's a blast when it's working properly and hopefully the issues are ironed out soon.

Also for everyone having trouble with the filters in game just use the battlelog app. Makes joining and searching games a lot easier.

This sucks. It's the only game I have, I haven't opened it yet. I'm hoping it's a least in a decently playable state soon. Honestly, companies need to start seriously providing redress for this ish. Releasing half-finished games expecting everyone to buy it, when it's broken beyond all reason. Players deserve recompense, it's not enough to just give them back a working game anymore. Too many times EA has expected players to drop more than $60 and delivering a product crippled with game-breaking bugs. It's just ridiculous now.

DryvBy

I was excited about this game more than anything. Now I don't even want to play it.

Give it crap all you want (like I typically do) but COD: Ghosts runs just fine and works as advertised online.

eroots

I got into two Rush games, but I have yet to get into any Conquest matches. I loaded into two Conquest games, but they had yet to start, then they just disconnected.

Conquest is all I basically want to play.

I mostly play conquest too, but domination is scratching that itch for me now til conquest comes back.. No problems with it, lots of fun.. Just wish there were more/any communication going on.. Haven't heard anyone using mics yet..

Te game definitely need some patching, but what is working is still a ton of fun..

Go to the "challenges" section and invite the people you want to do these "challenges" with, once you do that it groups you into a "party" like scenario and any game you join they join it too (this worked for me and 2 other friends).

Once you guys get in a game and are on opposite sides, just go to Team Setup or whatever its called and get out of being in a squad and it will let you switch teams.

Disclaimer: I only tried this with 2 other people, dunno if this is an actual work around or might just be YMMV.

Welcome to Battlefield Launch...any of them.

Not true at all, I had the pleasure of reviewing Bad Company 2, it was stable, it was fun, it worked really well, BF4 just seems to be rushed out and sloppy, sell it now fix it later mentality that has permeated EA and the game industry as a whole... just now they're forcing it onto DICE who had a record of quality... I'm just a little upset that BF4 is my only PS4 game and looks like the only decent game that will be coming out for a while on the console, these server issues really put a damper on my experience of BF4 and PS4 as a whole.

This sucks. It's the only game I have, I haven't opened it yet. I'm hoping it's a least in a decently playable state soon. Honestly, companies need to start seriously providing redress for this ish. Releasing half-finished games expecting everyone to buy it, when it's broken beyond all reason. Players deserve recompense, it's not enough to just give them back a working game anymore. Too many times EA has expected players to drop more than $60 and delivering a product crippled with game-breaking bugs. It's just ridiculous now.

Truth.

Dice has to be stretched soooo thin. 5 Different platforms receiving a launch of a game of this size and development complexity... ontop of EA pushing them to put out a BETA build to promote the game a month before release on the consoles and PC...

I don't envy their coders and engineers. Internally they must know exactly whats going on it just depends on their manpower available to handle it. Ontop of that the Xbox 1 version is dropping this week ontop of having 4 more maps and more guns etc...

Good luck XB1.

Sanke__

I was excited about this game more than anything. Now I don't even want to play it.

Give it crap all you want (like I typically do) but COD: Ghosts runs just fine and works as advertised online.

Honestly ghosts seems to be the only third party game that runs well.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Not true at all, I had the pleasure of reviewing Bad Company 2, it was stable, it was fun, it worked really well, BF4 just seems to be rushed out and sloppy, sell it now fix it later mentality that has permeated EA and the game industry as a whole... just now they're forcing it onto DICE who had a record of quality... I'm just a little upset that BF4 is my only PS4 game and looks like the only decent game that will be coming out for a while on the console, these server issues really put a damper on my experience of BF4 and PS4 as a whole.
Bf:Vietnam had a HORRIBLE launch.

Go to the "challenges" section and invite the people you want to do these "challenges" with, once you do that it groups you into a "party" like scenario and any game you join they join it too (this worked for me and 2 other friends).

Once you guys get in a game and are on opposite sides, just go to Team Setup or whatever its called and get out of being in a squad and it will let you switch teams.

Disclaimer: I only tried this with 2 other people, dunno if this is an actual work around or might just be YMMV.

Thanks! Trying this now

Edit: Didn't do anything..Does one of the players start quick match?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
This steaming pile of shit has crashed me all damn day when I try to play multiplayer, so I was working my way through single player and then it said my save was corrupted and deleted my progress after about 5 hours. Scumbag pricks.

It is fucking gorgeous though. God damn.

this thread is making me sad :(. I bought bf4 couple days ago but my ps4 isnt coming until tuesday and i doubt this is going to be fixed by then

Nizz

Reading this thread has been super disappointing. I grabbed BF4 as one of the B2G1 sale at Target along with COD: Ghosts and Assassin's Creed 4. I wanted BF4 to be the first game I unwrapped once the PS4 gets here tomorrow but now I'm not so sure I should do that. :/

Something seemed fishy when EA/Dice never showed off 64 player Conquest mode proper on either of the next gen consoles. They always showed off modes with smaller player counts. I know someone in this thread mentioned something how maybe that mode was always screwed but they kept in under wraps.

I'll most likely crack open my copy of Ghosts first and play that while EA/Dice get these issues sorted out with the game. Unbelievable...

Marjorine

The game crashed on me before I could get into the select server screen since launch. Then tonight it let me in. And I couldn't join anything. I had a bunch of problems with BF3 on the PC too, so I guess I taught EA a lesson by running out and buying the sequel so they could stick it to me again.

I like shooters a lot as a stress reliever from work, and am not much for KZ, so I picked up CoD. At least I can get into a game.

I understand launch jitters and what not, but screw EA for this. It's just a mess.

I like how if I hit the touchpad there is a 50% chance of my game just locking up.

I have gone through a lot of launches and usually give a pass for sever congestion. This game is straight up broken.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
How is there no major press covering these issues yet? The amount of problems has been astounding. Is it because it's the weekend?

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
DICE/EA were aware of the Error CE-34878-0 issues at least 2 weeks before launch and still shipped the game. This shows they don't give a shit about you and only want your money.

"Potentially more worrisome than the pop-in was a consistent error that would dump me back to the PS4's front end. Error CE-34878-0 reared its ugly head five times during my session, and I wasn't alone – other journalists also suffered the game-crashing prompt. I was told that this signified a network error, and we were playing on EA's own internal servers, so it's hard to know if the problem will persist when the game is available to the PS4-owning public in November." - Oct 30th 2013 11:30AM

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/battlefield-4-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-stack-up-against-pc/

Nizz

How is there no major press covering these issues yet? The amount of problems has been astounding. Is it because it's the weekend?
Yeah, I hope this gets some decent coverage in the gaming media, if it hasn't yet already.
DICE/EA were aware of the Error CE-34878-0 issues at least 2 weeks before launch and still shipped the game. This shows they don't give a shit about you and only want your money.

"Potentially more worrisome than the pop-in was a consistent error that would dump me back to the PS4's front end. Error CE-34878-0 reared its ugly head five times during my session, and I wasn't alone – other journalists also suffered the game-crashing prompt. I was told that this signified a network error, and we were playing on EA's own internal servers, so it's hard to know if the problem will persist when the game is available to the PS4-owning public in November." - Oct 30th 2013 11:30AM

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/battlefield-4-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-stack-up-against-pc/
Wow, that's some BS there on EA/Dice's part...

EA, worst company in America, three years running.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's rare that I get this pissed over a game having problems but this is unacceptable. They need to get this fixed ASAP and need to release a statement about how long that will take.

Top Bottom