• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlegrounds trailer(by the creator of Arma Battle Royale and H1Z1:King of the Kill)

https://youtu.be/ODWCbu_cuqk

http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknow...s-on-march-23-and-heres-the-official-trailer/

Above, we've got the official trailer for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, the multiplayer battle royale shooter from developer Bluehole and Brendan Greene—the man who created the genre with his mods for Arma 2 and 3. If you like what you see, and you haven't had a chance to play it in closed beta, you don't have too much longer to wait: Battlegrounds will hit Steam Early Access on March 23.

The closed beta weekends for Battlegrounds have been popular on Twitch, and my own experience with the multiplayer shooter left me pretty darn impressed. There are more closed beta weekends coming, with the game being accessible to those with beta keys this coming Friday through Sunday, as well as the next. The closed beta schedule is currently set to wrap up on March 19, just before the game appears in Early Access.

You can pre-order Battlegrounds from its website. The standard edition will run you $30 and also net you a beta key, and there's an option to spend another $10 for the deluxe edition, which gets you a second beta key you can give to a friend.

w8VnnR8ccp6Q3pxizz8MK6-650-80.jpg

J9oZWDCJU7TFLsFpNPVqC7-650-80.jpg

http://preorder.battlegroundsgame.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknow...future-in-the-battle-royale-genre-he-created/

In a way, Brendan "Playerunknown" Greene is preparing to compete with several games in a genre he essentially spawned. Greene is the creator of Arma 2 and 3's Battle Royale mod, and he later worked with Sony Online Entertainment (now Daybreak Games) to develop a battle royale mode for their zombie survival sandbox H1Z1, which became the standalone Early Access shooter King of the Kill. Now, Greene and Korean developer Bluehole are preparing their own entry in the battle royale arena with Battlegrounds, which is currently in closed beta after roughly a year in development.

I spoke with Greene in January about how Battlegrounds differs from the mod he made, the mode he helped develop, and his thoughts on joining a marketplace alongside his own past creations.

more at the links

Update:

Due to limited numbers & high demand, our pre-order option is now SOLD OUT! Thank you for your support! See you in Early Access, March 23rd!

packy34

It'll be top of Twitch for 2 days and then disappear into obscurity like Conan Exiles.

Nope. It's one of the top games on Twitch every day the beta is open (weekends only). And considering H1Z1 is still highly viewed... this isn't going anywhere but up.

The game is incredibly fun, too. Speaking of H1Z1, PUBG puts most of the stuff in that game - particularly the map design and weapons/attachments - to shame.

It'll be top of Twitch for 2 days and then disappear into obscurity like Conan Exiles.

Dr. Disrespect sure seems to hate on H1Z1 every time he plays, might be part of his act but he could start playing this instead and that is a ton of viewers daily.

enewtabie

I watched OperatorDrewski play this on youtube the other night. Looked pretty good visually. I would like to give it a try at least.

Considering how many of the top players of King of the Kill complain about it constantly this game may be able to execute a coup.

Not my cup of tea in any way, shape, or form, but it can be enjoyable to watch on Twitch from time to time.

Dantero

He likes it now. Two weeks from now some company will be paying him to like their game instead.

Huh? This is his most played genre. He literally plays these games every day unless there's a big release. He's just going to switch from Arma3 BR to this game.

btags

The one true Battlegrounds game will always be the source revolutionary war mod. Line battles were so great and stupid in that.

spootime

Could someone who's played this say how it compares to h1z1? I actually think the new h1 map is worse so I'm down to play something else.

Strakt

Anyway to get in the beta?

There are tons of giveaways on random sites for closed beta keys.. I think theres a beta this weekend, so just google or check their twitter I guess. I got in last week from I think mmorpg.com giving away beta keys.

packy34

Could someone who's played this say how it compares to h1z1? I actually think the new h1 map is worse so I'm down to play something else.

It's better in pretty much any way you can think of. I guess you could say the loot/cosmetics aren't on the same level yet, but that's only if you care about that stuff.

I played this a couple times the past two weekends. Pretty entertaining/tense.

The very start and very end of the round are the most entertaining because of how chaotic it is.

The middle part of the round can be a bit of a lull depending on where you are, because you could end up not seeing anyone until the map narrows down enough.

I thought this game was easily purchasable already?

Anyways, how is the gun feel/level of jank?

If controls are tight I would consider picking it up

Stiler

I hope it's not as janky as H1z1/Dayz/etc.

The animation/controls look more fluid from the video, hopefully the same applies to its inventory and menu's.

I've been watching Lirik play this since he got into the early alpha.
Lately he's been doing duo's with Shorty. Very entertaining to watch.

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds will end up being the definitive BR game and will (finally) replace Arma III BR/Day-Z.
Looking forward to Survivor Gamez (or a similar tourney) based on this.

H1Z1 will still be there to provide the more arcadey experience.

I hope it's not as janky as H1z1/Dayz/etc.

The animation/controls look more fluid from the video, hopefully the same applies to its inventory and menu's.

Inventory seemed decent enough. What is nice is that you don't need to access it that often. I've only had to access it to:
1. Use weapon attachments
2. Heal (bandage/first aid)
3. Loot dead players

The rest is handled by just walking over to items and just picking it up. Lots of equipping and swapping happens automatically.

kabel

No.

Wait until the KotK players realize how PU:BG ist better in literally every aspect and switch games.

KotK daily users btw:

LiOVKsy.png

BR games are the new hype, and PU:BG feels soooo good!

Really wish i was able to get a beta key for this game. I've enjoyed my time with H1Z1 but stop playing cause it's pretty clear the jank is never going away and gunplay will always be awful. I'd like to be able to try this since 30 dollars is a bit steep.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It isn't advertised but that doesn't mean he's not getting paid, he's running a very successful business.

No. His ads/sponsors are clearly stated in the title or on the screen itself.

Also, Lirik loves these types of games, as do many other large streamers, and this one seems to be well received.

Iastfan112

Neo Member
No.

Wait until the KotK players realize how PU:BG ist better in literally every aspect and switch games.

KotK daily users btw:

LiOVKsy.png

BR games are the new hype, and PU:BG feels soooo good!

Illustrates a clear case of personal bias for me. My friends and I played from 2015 through about April 16 and I figured since none of us were really into it anymore it must be on the decline. Impressive numbers.

sunofsam

Played CB last weekend, it was a blast. Honestly jonesing all week for the servers to come back up.

Get into some key giveaways or watch a stream this weekend.

The YouTube gameplays make this game look like a much more polished H1Z1.

I've been falling out of KoK recently but I probably will jump onto this to see if it can reignite the fun factor that KoK was losing for me.

DMTripper

He likes it now. Two weeks from now some company will be paying him to like their game instead.

Lirik still plays Arma 3 battle royale even now... He has played br since the Arma 2 days. So no you're wrong.

I'm a OG Alpha tester and this game is pretty good. I'm a Arma 3 br player and prefer the milsim style but this game is quite a nice mix of Arma and H1Z1.

If you're a pc player and like hardcore gaming then Arma 3 HC battle royale is some of the most tense gaming you can have.

I hope this games better than H1Z1...I LOVE h1z1, but it has SO many problems and the devs seem like they don't even try to fix stuff.

Also,they took out rewards for getting first place on the new map which is dumb.Sure you get xp and get a crate every 5 levels.But why not reward people for getting first? MAke sme so mad how good h1 can be..Really looking forward to seeing how this game is,Wish I got into the beta before :(

I dont understand why ppl keep buying the same game over and over with small improvements. To these games ever get finished? DayZ, Miscreated, H1z1, Nether, Conan, etc. etc. etc........Seems like every few months we get one of these, gets super popular on twitch and then it slowly dies, never getting finished. Has any of these type of games ever passed early access? Maybe 1 out 15? Eh anyway, see you in 6 months when another one gets released and this one is forgotten.

Problem with most of these games they get released too early and half ass completed. Sometimes early acrsss means early death

Tecnniqe

Banned
Xk0qcJQ.png

Edit: Very late but fug this game is goooood

My best game from last weeks beta
VAIu8JL.jpg

Bare in mind I'm mostly on low settings for all the frames!

Top Bottom