• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlegrounds trailer(by the creator of Arma Battle Royale and H1Z1:King of the Kill)

Pachimari

I dont understand why ppl keep buying the same game over and over with small improvements. To these games ever get finished? DayZ, Miscreated, H1z1, Nether, Conan, etc. etc. etc........Seems like every few months we get one of these, gets super popular on twitch and then it slowly dies, never getting finished. Has any of these type of games ever passed early access? Maybe 1 out 15? Eh anyway, see you in 6 months when another one gets released and this one is forgotten.

So if we'll see you in another 6 months, does that actually mean, you're interested in these games too?

Will I be able to buy this game on Early Acces on March 23?

Tecnniqe

Banned
So if we'll see you in another 6 months, does that actually mean, you're interested in these games too?

Will I be able to buy this game on Early Acces on March 23?

It will launch on Steam Early Access on March 23, yes.

I also don't get why some of you are comparing this game to Conan and Nether and all those crafty bs survival games.

None of that here...

Straight up Battle Roayle like the ARMA mod, drop in, pick up guns and shit and kill others and try to be the last man standing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They def need to optimize the game. Have 980 TI SLI on a 1440p and can barely run it at medium @60 fps

-sm4 will help. SLI is probably not even supported but as a UE4 game there probably will be a lot of optimization. Personally I'm playing on a mixed low and ultra setting and get around 60fps (+/- on the area but not below 50).

But yes, once they do some general bug fixes and start putting more performance stuff in, great.

I dont understand why ppl keep buying the same game over and over with small improvements. To these games ever get finished? DayZ, Miscreated, H1z1, Nether, Conan, etc. etc. etc........Seems like every few months we get one of these, gets super popular on twitch and then it slowly dies, never getting finished. Has any of these type of games ever passed early access? Maybe 1 out 15? Eh anyway, see you in 6 months when another one gets released and this one is forgotten.

While it would be nice if they got finished, people still get hundreds of hours from them. That doesn't invalidate the experience

People keep buying them because each feels different and have their pros and cons, a new game comes out which tries to remedy issues people have so they buy it hoping it scratches that itch.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Coming features:
-mod support
-custom servers
-everyone in one big plane soon
-100% killcams and replays inc
-bigger teams inc
-custom leagues
-and esports if community wants

KarmaCow

This isn't like Conan, DayZ, or any of those early access survival game. There's no survival or base building aspect to the BR games, it's just an elimination PvP game on a big map.

This genre is getting extremely played out. Are these survival-RPG-MMO type games really still that successful to justify the absolute onslaught of titles being churned out?

EDIT - Oh - it's one of those Battle Royale games. Unfortunately still a genre getting milked for whatever it's worth. My mistake!

That said, when will a proper Hunger Games game come out and be the end-all, be-all for the genre?

Tecnniqe

Banned
This genre is getting extremely played out. Are these survival-RPG-MMO type games really still that successful to justify the absolute onslaught of titles being churned out?

!?

EDIT - Oh - it's one of those Battle Royale games. Unfortunately still a genre getting milked for whatever it's worth. When will a proper Hunger Games game come out and be the be-all, end-all.

I mean, this is from the guy who MADE the genre to begin with. It's miles better than any of the current games who ripped his mod off and honestly, with the upcoming support, it'll probably be the end all be all.

SamuraiX-

Is anyone else interested in participating in the closed beta test? It lasts for the rest of this weekend and concludes next weekend.

RulkezX

How can they sell out of the pre order ?

If it's a server issue I assume they won't actually be selling the EA edition , just technically going into EA ?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why are the textures so bad? When you're dropping in, it looks like a nintendo switch game. Look at the trees.
dnno.gif

How can they sell out of the pre order ?

If it's a server issue I assume they won't actually be selling the EA edition , just technically going into EA ?

Multiple answers;

They gave beta keys and ran out from what Valve gave them
They only had limited keys for the editions coming from Valve
They didnt want the servers to RIP in on themselves during testing
The Deluxe Edition was purposefully limited on their part as it will not be available on Steam, was a "founders" edition for a few select with skins that can be sold on Steam Market

RulkezX

dnno.gif

Multiple answers;

They gave beta keys and ran out from what Valve gave them
They only had limited keys for the editions coming from Valve
They didnt want the servers to RIP in on themselves during testing
The Deluxe Edition was purposefully limited on their part as it will not be available on Steam, was a "founders" edition for a few select with skins that can be sold on Steam Market

So we can still buy it and play on the 23rd ?

Tecnniqe

Banned
So we can still buy it and play on the 23rd ?

Yes, on Steam you can buy it on the 23rd when it "officially" comes out on EA.

We had allocated a specific number of beta keys and premium items to our pre-order program as a way to manage the number of players during the final testing period. We exceeded our expectations and are very thankful to all of those who participated in the pre-order. Now we are looking forward to the Early Access launch on the 23rd.

Pachimari

I gotta say that I enjoyed H1Z1 more back then than I do this game right now. But of course much of it has to do with it not being performance optimized which will highly likely come later. It was also my impression we would have smaller arena-like maps, but it seems like we are a hundred players being dumped on this island and then the active playzone decreases the more players dies out which disappoints me. It also feels a bit janky but I'm on a 780 with 2gb vram. But as it is now, I'm gonna skip out on buying it until it is optimized more.

Tecnniqe

Banned
arent these games full of idiots using hacks?

BattlEye + Server side stat tracking + 100% replay system and overview of all players after each game.

They won't last long should they bypass BE in itself, which is hardly ever done and if they do manage, usually take a ~day for them to catch up and plug it.

Not seen any yet tho

Gurrry

I actually kinda like H1Z1, battle royale games are a cool genre that needs to be explored more. Kind of surprised we havent seen one on console yet. Ive watched some streams of this and it looks like a better version of h1z1.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I actually kinda like H1Z1, battle royale games are a cool genre that needs to be explored more. Kind of surprised we havent seen one on console yet. Ive watched some streams of this and it looks like a better version of h1z1.

Its a very precision based game type which is probably why but its not outside the realm its due to easy options to self publish on PC as you don't need backing to get console versification and all that too.

That being said, last I heard they didn't rule out console version after they had launched this properly on PC so there might still be time :)

SamuraiX-

This game is not better than H1 in any way. The people saying so have obviously not seen the game.

Good to see there's still no shortage of H1Z1 apologists. KotK was fun because there was nothing that could compete with it for awhile and fans were excusing Daybreak's incompetence for the longest time. Best case would be that the release of Battlegrounds gives Daybreak the impetus to get their shit together in the form of finally fixing persisting issues and implementing basic features that Battlegrounds already had done in their alpha/beta builds.

What'll actually probably happen is Daybreak continues to do lines of cocaine off all that loot crate money and KotK loses a majority of their player base once people realize how much of a better game Battlegrounds is and how much more diligent Bluehole is with optimization, bug fixes, feature implementation, and overall transparency with their community. A lot of the big H1Z1 streamers are already following suit.

Pachimari

Am I supposed to exit a game whenever I die, and then join a new game? Cause that's what I've been doing since there doesn't seem to be any spectating and such. Just wanna know that I'm not getting penalized for quitting.

Nivert

Am I supposed to exit a game whenever I die, and then join a new game? Cause that's what I've been doing since there doesn't seem to be any spectating and such. Just wanna know that I'm not getting penalized for quitting.

Yeah when you die you can exit, there's only spectating if you play teams.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Solo = once the score screen shows press Exit there
Duo = Spectate or exit upon death. If spectating, once team mate die, hit ESC and Exit.

Pachimari

Yeah when you die you can exit, there's only spectating if you play teams.
You mean I can either play solo or as a duo right? Those are the only two option I see when clicking the play button.

Solo = once the score screen shows press Exit there
Duo = Spectate or exit upon death. If spectating, once team mate die, hit ESC and Exit.
I see, thanks.

Also the minute before spawn is for nothing right? Because I got myself some equipment but I didn't have it when employing on the battlefield.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You mean I can either play solo or as a duo right? Those are the only two option I see when clicking the play button.

I see, thanks.

Also the minute before spawn is for nothing right? Because I got myself some equipment but I didn't have it when employing on the battlefield.

Minute before is just the lobby collecting people and syncing it up.

Also there will be bigger teams they said, so expect maybe up to 4 players per team. For now there are only Solo and Duo.

I hope this games better than H1Z1...I LOVE h1z1, but it has SO many problems and the devs seem like they don't even try to fix stuff.

Also,they took out rewards for getting first place on the new map which is dumb.Sure you get xp and get a crate every 5 levels.But why not reward people for getting first? MAke sme so mad how good h1 can be..Really looking forward to seeing how this game is,Wish I got into the beta before :(
In other words, why do people like a particular genre?

Prologue

I wonder why these types of games never found their way on to consoles.

Given the popularity of the walking dead, wheres HZN1 on xbox/ps4?

I wonder why these types of games never found their way on to consoles.

Given the popularity of the walking dead, wheres HZN1 on xbox/ps4?

H1Z1 was planned. Not sure if it still is after they split the games into two. They really run like crap even on good hardware but since they got ARK on consoles I'm sure they can handle these as well. Would be a very smart move with whoever does it though.

Also was surprised to find out the dev team behind this also made Tera.

Pachimari

Is it possible to add players as friends? Because then we could hook up together and protect each other.

Also the only kills I've gotten has been by driving over players with the buggy lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is it possible to add players as friends? Because then we could hook up together and protect each other.

Also the only kills I've gotten has been by driving over players with the buggy lol.

It uses Steam by default for Friends List but you can search for player names (ones set ingame) to find people and their stats. Not sure if you can add them to a ingame friends list, think its only Steam.

Pachimari

It uses Steam by default for Friends List but you can search for player names (ones set ingame) to find people and their stats. Not sure if you can add them to a ingame friends list, think its only Steam.
So we if got each other on Steam we can find each other in a game?

Top Bottom