• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battletoads Reboot poll

MilkyJoe

giphy.gif

did anyone even like this game?

All of them. Battletoads was a game in which each stage is completely different than the others, so let each developer tackle a different stage.

Leflus

All of them. Battletoads was a game in which each stage is completely different than the others, so let each developer tackle a different stage.
They should go all out imo. Make five different games. :p

Yacht Games: Battletoads 2 (direct sequel to the NES game)
Rare: Battletoads X (reboot)
WayForward: Battletoads & Double Dragon Neon
Twisted Pixel: Ms. Battletoads
Iron Galaxy: Battletoads VS Windjammers (it was either this or a Johnny Gat joke)

(My real answer would be Iron Galaxy. I like what they did with Rash in KI)

BKSmash

I'm the guy who hinted at some pirate themed Rare game that turned out to be Sea of Thieves.
- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138502258&postcount=267

I also later said that Rare were working on Battletoads.
-http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174158460&postcount=311

Who should work on a new Battletoads game? Well, Rare should... and are. (as far as I'm aware)

Check out the following video around the 35 second mark.
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLi_-3ldug4

Notice how the studio head mentions four development studios yet we only see the Rare Replay team and the Sea of Thieves team. What are the other two up to? ... well three now that Rare Replay is done.

This is an obvious answer but I think Platinum Games could make a damn good Battletoads game.

Fuuuuck, why... They have so many great franchises and they decide to pull this one out of their asses. Especially when a lot of people are craving
real
new games for Banjo and Conker.

They should go all out imo. Make five different games. :p

Yacht Games: Battletoads 2 (direct sequel to the NES game)
Rare: Battletoads X (reboot)
WayForward: Battletoads & Double Dragon Neon
Twisted Pixel: Ms. Battletoads
Iron Galaxy: Battletoads VS Windjammers (it was either this or a Johnny Gat joke)

(My real answer would be Iron Galaxy. I like what they did with Rash in KI)

I was trying to avoid a RE6 level of schizophrenia.

Zackat

ah this thread. There's gonna be some disappointed people in here shortly because of this bump.

Battletoads is overrated as heck, so it would take someone like Platinum to create something worthwhile.

Like that TMNT game?
BgwYkyt.png

sad about that game being bad :(

Phediuk

Literally every "which developer should make _____" thread is exactly the same.

Platinum
Naughty Dog
From Software
Retro Studios

should make every game in existence apparently.

Lothar

Banned
Battletoads is overrated as heck, so it would take someone like Platinum to create something worthwhile.

Nah, it's underrated as hell. Most people who don't like it judge just on the first three levels. It's a fantastic unique game with great graphics, music, controls, humor, and excellent variety since every stage is different. There's nothing really like it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nah, it's underrated as hell. Most people who don't like it judge just on the first three levels. It's a fantastic unique game with great graphics, music, controls, humor, and excellent variety since every stage is different. There's nothing really like it.

On NES it was quite a surprise. The games that followed afterwards were blah.

Are people THAT fond of Battletoads that it needs to be remade?

The original game is good, but every other title is pretty average at best. Even the original is only really known for it's difficulty moreso than its actual quality.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Naughty Dog should handle the graphics and art, Platinum should handle the core combat systems and From should design the enemies because that's how this works, right? Now give me my camel.

Yes, I love Battletoads. It's great game and one of the absolute best on the NES.

Nobody should waste their time with Battletoads.

Salty indeed.

On NES it was quite a surprise. The games that followed afterwards were blah.

As a huge fan of the original I absolutely agree with this. I didn't really like any of the other games very much...

CNCOMICS

After the sheer fun I had with Guacamelee and the quirky Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, I nominate Drinkbox Studios.

Xav

You could probably add this insider post from the first page of this thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=203423970

I think we can safely say a new Battletoads is being worked on.
In addition to what a said. Consider the following.

- Why is Rash one of the biggest characters on the Rare Replay box art?

- Why is the Rare Replay Limited Edition T-Shirt a Battletoads one instead of say... Banjo?

- Why is Phil Spencer wearing that Battletoads T-Shirt at a random Windows 10 event?

- Why is there a Battletoads level in Shovel Knight for Xbox One?

- Why is Rash in Killer Instinct Season 3?

It's almost as if Microsoft were trying to create awareness surrounding the Battletoads IP so when they eventually announce it, people won't be like "WHO!?"

The Flash

Banned

- Why is the Rare Replay Limited Edition T-Shirt a Battletoads one instead of say... Banjo?

- Why is Phil Spencer wearing that Battletoads T-Shirt at a random Windows 10 event?

It's almost as if Microsoft were trying to create awareness surrounding the Battletoads IP so when they eventually announce it, people won't be like "WHO!?"

That's why I made the image in post #71

It's a toadspiracy

daTRUballin

Yeah. All of that stuff is definitely peculiar. Do you know if Battletoads will be revealed at E3 or not? Or would you even be allowed to reveal something like that? :p

Voliko

I love Battletoads NES, it had it all- amazing graphics, deliberate, meticulous level design, on rails sections, beat-em up sections, platforming sections, vehicles, swimming sections, new and often unique gameplay ideas in every single level. Every level was different and memorable. It's undeniably a really intense game too. I don't think anyone could do it justice. Maybe Platinum but it would have to be difficult early on. Kamiya could throw in any idea he would want and it would fit. That's a pipedream though

Xav

Yeah. All of that stuff is definitely peculiar. Do you know if Battletoads will be revealed at E3 or not? :p
Honestly, I don't know how far along the game is. Game development isn't easy and Rare have a history of throwing out many concepts which never see the light of day.

A good example is Kinect Sports Rivals. Originally Rare had MUCH BIGGER plans for the game and it was supposed to take place on an island that you could freely explore or something. Well, at least that's how my brain remembers it.

Anyway, one thing lead to another and that's why we got that shitty watered down Kinect Sports Rivals. I think Lionhead Studios even had to step in to get that thing finished and rushed out the door.

Back to Battletoads. Ermm, an educated guess on my end would be that we see a full Sea of Thieves reveal at E3 alongside a Battletoads announcement. Perhaps maybe just a teaser depending how far along the game may or may not be.

Don't worry about Battletoads too much. Keep an eye out for Sea of Thieves. Rare's love for all things pirates can be traced back to Donkey Kong Country 2 and Sea of Thieves is probably Gregg Mayles' dream game.

Varg

Banned
3D beat em up action game by platinum . Make it funny , make it hard, and dare I say... Make it sexy

Xav

3D beat em up action game by platinum . Make it funny , make it hard, and dare I say... Make it sexy
And unlike that Turtles game, give it a decent budget, development time and tell Eiro Shirahama to stay away from the director's chair.

The funny part is that there's a possibility it could be revealed at E3 since there's been so many hints towards a new one. Then again, I was fairly certain it was going to be revealed at last year's E3, and it wasn't.

I'm not going to get my hopes up- I'd be thrilled with a collection of all of the other BT games done right, but I feel like companies have teased so many things over the years that haven't come to pass. Are we certain that all of that teasing wasn't just to promote the KI3 character?

Top Bottom