• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battletoads Reboot poll

UraMallas

All of them. Battletoads was a game in which each stage is completely different than the others, so let each developer tackle a different stage.

1c1RSz9.gif

daTRUballin

Honestly, I don't know how far along the game is. Game development isn't easy and Rare have a history of throwing out many concepts which never see the light of day.

A good example is Kinect Sports Rivals. Originally Rare had MUCH BIGGER plans for the game and it was supposed to take place on an island that you could freely explore or something. Well, at least that's how my brain remembers it.

Anyway, one thing lead to another and that's why we got that shitty watered down Kinect Sports Rivals. I think Lionhead Studios even had to step in to get that thing finished and rushed out the door.

Back to Battletoads. Ermm, an educated guess on my end would be that we see a full Sea of Thieves reveal at E3 alongside a Battletoads announcement. Perhaps maybe just a teaser depending how far along the game may or may not be.

Don't worry about Battletoads too much. Keep an eye out for Sea of Thieves. Rare's love for all things pirates can be traced back to Donkey Kong Country 2 and Sea of Thieves is probably Gregg Mayles' dream game.

Thanks for the reply! Personally, I'm a bit indifferent towards Battletoads since I don't really have any particular connection with the franchise, so whether we get a new game or not doesn't really affect me. :p

Although I think it's kinda strange how they're reviving Battletoads instead of something like a new Banjo, Conker, or Perfect Dark. I dunno. A new Battletoads doesn't really scream the return of Rare for me. Then again, a game like Sea of Thieves doesn't really either. :p

I'm not going to get my hopes up- I'd be thrilled with a collection of all of the other BT games done right, but I feel like companies have teased so many things over the years that haven't come to pass. Are we certain that all of that teasing wasn't just to promote the KI3 character?

I dunno. We have a person with inside information here in this thread saying a new Battletoads is being worked on. ;)

Top Bottom