• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayturtles' April O'Neil (Megan Fox) set pics. She's a TV reporter again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, the trenchcoat thing works in the first movie and some in the cartoons because it was still dark and they were in shadows regardless. At most they wouldn't bat an eye.

I'm kinda glad they sorta avoided it in the comics and in the 2k3 cartoon. They're ninjas after and they shouldn't be hanging with the crowds to begin with.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't know if anything will change the perception at this point. There are still news outlets that report it as "Bay's TMNT." The confusion is only going to continue, well past this movie's release.

This is going to be like in the 40s or 50s on RottenTomatoes, and everything is going to be okay. Some people around here will like it, some won't. I just don't have the energy to care. If it comes out and I'm not busy, I'll probably watch it.

The Nickelodeon tv show that is currently airing is great for fans of the series. So the possible chance that this movie might suck doesn't really worry me much. The brand is always going to be viable. Transformers and TMNT managed to make it out of the 80s and still be relevant to kids in the 90s, 00s and now 10s. One bad movie won't change that.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
222rlxZ.png

I still find it amazing that actors can interact with stuff like that and still do it convincingly. That has to take a level of skill that not most possess. I mean look at that.

Most actors spend a fair amount of time acting with just their imaginations to go off of. This at least gives something physical to look at and interact with. It may be silly, but it's also probably much easier.

EulaCapra

Megan Fox expecting second child.

Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green are expanding their family, a source tells Us Weekly. "I can confirm Megan is expecting her second child with her husband Brian," the pregnant actress' rep tells The New York Post's Page Six. "They are both very happy." Fox is currently in New York City filming 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

jadedm17

Wow, Megan Fox will look like shit on her late 30s. She looks like a plastic doll already, gives me an uncanny valley vibe for some reason

Thank you... I wanna hate on this movie but I'm distracted by how she looks like a wax figure of herself in these pictures.

Ugh, plastic surgery is bullshit.

Wiktor

Thank you... I wanna hate on this movie but I'm distracted by how she looks like a wax figure of herself in these pictures.

Ugh, plastic surgery is bullshit.

The sad thing is - there was nothing to fix there. She was absolutely gorgeous before and actually looks worse after surgeries.

I guess these turtles may be even taller than the 2K3 variant

BuQMVT1.jpg

And those were pretty tall compared to the comic and 80's versions.

Or maybe not as tall as I remember, but still taller than the others:

HMAasQF.png

I guess these turtles may be even taller than the 2K3 variant

BuQMVT1.jpg

And those were pretty tall compared to the comic and 80's versions.

Or maybe not as tall as I remember, but still taller than the others:

HMAasQF.png

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, they did a crossover and the original black and white turtles were involved!? What is this!??!

Hellion

Reality check: A lot of people automatically assume that this kinda crazy shit would fit right in here in NYC. Yeah, maybe during the 80s and 90s, but not post 9/11. Suspicious guy wearing a fucking scarf around his face during spring/summer with what looks like a bomb on his back underneath his trench coat? Yeah, no. Sorry, Michael Bay. You suck ass again.
Dont forget ralphs sai stick out her boots. Like anyone can walk down a nyc street like this.

rekameohs

Banned
I don't know if anything will change the perception at this point. There are still news outlets that report it as "Bay's TMNT." The confusion is only going to continue, well past this movie's release.

This is going to be like in the 40s or 50s on RottenTomatoes, and everything is going to be okay. Some people around here will like it, some won't. I just don't have the energy to care. If it comes out and I'm not busy, I'll probably watch it.

The Nickelodeon tv show that is currently airing is great for fans of the series. So the possible chance that this movie might suck doesn't really worry me much. The brand is always going to be viable. Transformers and TMNT managed to make it out of the 80s and still be relevant to kids in the 90s, 00s and now 10s. One bad movie won't change that.

I would be extremely surprised if it does that well.

I watched the 1990 orignal movie last night, man that had some genuine quality scenes, Splinter talking to Raphael and the face off v Shredder. Dark and gritty but it benefited the film imo

kunonabi

I watched the 1990 orignal movie last night, man that had some genuine quality scenes, Splinter talking to Raphael and the face off v Shredder. Dark and gritty but it benefited the film imo

Not to mention Leo not moving from Raph's side when he was injured. It was just a damn good movie.

tmarques

Maybe this has been discussed, but -

Didn't she say Transformer movies were garbage back when she thought she would have a brilliant career in Hollywood?

And didn't Bay call her an ungrateful brat?

I can understand her despera... willingness to be on this movie since her hopes of being taken seriously as an actress are dead and buried, but surely Bay could have used any number of more cooperative actresses and not see a difference in the BO. What gives?

And why does she look 40?

obin_gam

Maybe this has been discussed, but -

Didn't she say Transformer movies were garbage back when she thought she would have a brilliant career in Hollywood?

And didn't Bay call her an ungrateful brat?

I can understand her despera... willingness to be on this movie since her hopes of being taken seriously as an actress are dead and buried, but surely Bay could have used any number of more cooperative actresses and not see a difference in the BO. What gives?

And why does she look 40?
Her mouth and throat.
... this is too easy.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

yeah but the 1st movie was a comic book movie, this seems to be the cartoon, the original tmnt comic was raw and gritty, the movie was def the watered down version but it did pull from the comic. The big differences being how they fought the final difference with shredder, splinter was a rat on a mission, and the turtles were like...killing machines.

Cloudy

Banned
Do we know what the actual turtles will look like? Please tell me they scrapped that ridiculous design I saw like a year ago

Toparaman

Banned
Was the original film really that great? I mean, it has a 44% on RT. Not trying to discount anyone's opinion, but it's just odd to me that there's so much cynicism regarding this new film. Is TMNT really even that great when looking at the franchise as a whole?

Me personally, I have scattered memories here and there of various incarnations of TMNT, and a big-budget live-action version sounds like it would be entertaining, no matter how lacking the execution is. My bar is set very low for this.

(Also, what's up with Transformers fandom? That show was as much of a thinly-veiled toy advertisement as it gets. Why do fans act like Bayformers ruined the integrity of the franchise when it had none to begin with?)

G-Fex

Was the original film really that great? I mean, it has a 44% on RT. Not trying to discount anyone's opinion, but it's just odd to me that there's so much cynicism regarding this new film. Is TMNT really even that great when looking at the franchise as a whole?

Me personally, I have scattered memories here and there of various incarnations of TMNT, and a big-budget live-action version sounds like it would be entertaining, no matter how lacking the execution is. My bar is set very low for this.

the original film was great and incredible and had a lot of heart. Unlike the god awful transformers movies it actually focused on the non-human characters.

It quite possibly is the best comic book movie/cartoon movie ever.

Far far far far above the nolan batfilms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom