• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

I don't know if it's already been answered but does it work on line?

Sorry I am on my phone and driving so I cannot search the thread.

The discount on new physical game software, pre-owned game software, and the 10% extra bonus on trade-ins all work online as well as far as I'm aware.

Memberships for Gamers Club Unlocked can only be purchased in stores though so this deal cannot be done online

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No one on the corner are gamers like us
Hit me on my burner prepaid wireless

Is there something to do with tracfone for this? Becuase I actually have a tracfone I need to put more days on.

Socat

Where on the site do I go to see my membership status and the end date? I just finished checking out and wanted to make sure it went through successfully.

edit: nvm found it ! Cheers and I can confirm it does work with the 6.99 activation kits as well

Arttemis

Is there any use for the Net10 activation cards? Do you get any minutes out of it if you set it up, or does it require additional money to use?

I may activate this burner phone just so I can talk on it while walking down the street and then straight dump it like Ryan Hardy....

Well, I would recycle it, but that's not very Ryan Hardy....

No one on the corner are gamers like us
Hit me on my burner prepaid wireless

Is there something to do with tracfone for this? Becuase I actually have a tracfone I need to put more days on.

Tribe Called Quest?

hew9753

Went back a second time this evening to double-dip on the $7 sim card deal. Another two years was too tempting to pass up and I wanted to snag another before they ran out. Four years for $14 and change...not bad. It'll pay for itself this month with Dragon Age and LBP3.

El Jaffe

Alright I bought the net10 thing and it worked, cost only $7. What I'm not sure is how the GCU works, feel dumb for not asking while I was there. So is it attached to my Rewards "card"? Because I signed up for Rewards online and don't have an actuaL card.

The LG 440G model which can be price-matched to $5 with radioshack is a tracfone phone but I don't believe it comes with any minutes that you can use on another phone.

Should a really great deal, bought the activation thing. Really debating doing it once more for another two years...

Ben-Stiller-Is-Retro-Do-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

It's a truly fantastic deal imo

Where on the site do I go to see my membership status and the end date? I just finished checking out and wanted to make sure it went through successfully.

Login to your BestBuy account on bestbuy.com, then go to rewards and it should state your gamer club unlocked expiration date under how much you've spent this year at best buy. Should look like this [this is only part of the page of course]

15718377991_5b9a70a896_n.jpg

Is there any use for the Net10 activation cards? Do you get any minutes out of it if you set it up, or does it require additional money to use?

I don't believe the Net10 activation cards come with any free minutes. I read the description on the ones I bought and pretty sure they are just kits with a sim card and phone minute card to get you started. Don't think the phone minute card comes pre-loaded though. I can check

Wookieomg

Welp just left my local Best Buy and got two more price-matched LG 440G's for 4 more years of GCU. Used a $5 mystery gift card, so I donated $5 to St. Jude's in its place.

Spent a total of ~$15. Good till 2020, donated to a good cause, and plan on donating the phones to people in need. :) Thanks for this GAF.

Just did it right now. Cleaned out of phones but had 1 more of the activation cards. Third one today to do it today apparently. Kicked $5 to St.Jude's

So quick question. I'm planning on buying a game, and my understanding is any game purchase will net you the gamers club unlocked for 30. If I buy another game next week, and the promo is still live, does it let me buy another two years?

So quick question. I'm planning on buying a game, and my understanding is any game purchase will net you the gamers club unlocked for 30. If I buy another game next week, and the promo is still live, does it let me buy another two years?

It should. I bought Smash and a $30 GCU and then bought a GCU extension with the phone 3 days later. Don't see why it wouldn't work with a game instead.

It would be cheaper for you to simply buy one of the activation kits for $6.99 and get the 2 years of GCU for free with that though.

Hot damn. Just got out of the store, walked out with two years of GCU & a burner phone for less than what I paid for lunch.

Little disappointed that the fine print states that the 20% discount is limited at 3x per year, per system - but still an insane value for five bucks.

Hot damn. Just got out of the store, walked out with two years of GCU & a burner phone for less than what I paid for lunch.

Little disappointed that the fine print states that the 20% discount is limited at 3x per year, per system - but still an insane value for five bucks.

3x per year per game

DanManIt

Neo Member

Per game per system. So 3x COD on xbone, 360, ps3, ps4 each.

Wait from here

Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?
A: Yes. Members are limited to three copies of a new (i.e. not pre-owned) gaming software title per platform, per year. Collector’s and Limited Editions count toward that title limit. Game of the Year editions, usually released much later including additional content do not count toward that limit but would essentially start as a separate game and limit.

So a member could only buy 3 PS4 games for any given year and get the benefits from the 20% off on those 3 games? Somehow I read it initially like you could use the discount on up to 3 copies of the same game per platform per year with no absolute limit on how many unique titles you could use the discount on but it makes more sense your way

Edit: So then it is like I thought originally? Just can't buy 4 copies of the exact same game/ exact same system and get a discount? If so that's awesome

Not if he was already planning on buying the game.

I got Smash for $32 (20% off) and the 2 years GCU for free.

I thought you still had to pay $30 for Unlocked with a game in that promo?

Wait from here

So a member could only buy 3 PS4 games for any given year and get the benefits from the 20% off on those 3 games? Somehow I read it initially like you could use the discount on up to 3 copies of the same game per platform per year with no absolute limit on how many unique titles you could use the discount on but it makes more sense your way

I've used GCU 20% off on at least 15 games this year.

I got 8 years, at my best buy they said you can only do 1 per transaction.
So I had to return 3 sim cards and rebuy more to ring up individually, where they went through fine.

Feel bad for them having to RTM the cards, they were never even activated

It was a rough journey but I got the Net10 thing and spent a total of $8.55 ($1 donation).

The cashier rang up the club membership and said, "You know, if you buy a $40 game, the club membership goes down to $30."

I waved it off.

Because he was a newbie cashier though, another worker came over and asked if he needed help. When that guy saw the Gamer Club come up as $0, he called a manager. This is when I got a little nervous.

During the giant wait for the manager, I explained the deal to the cashier who said, "Ohhhh, that's why you didnt want to buy a game. Ok... Ok..."

Manager finally said it was legit and I was free to go.

In the end,

Cashier: "I might do that. That's a good deal."

Me: "You ain't kiddin', buddy."

Xamdou

This GCU thang is legit yo, 20% all games including preorders! I get all my games from Bestbuy, they also do midnight launches. Not sure why people are still shopping at Gamestop since they sell their games full price when they can instead shop at Bestbuy and have a great 20% off games.

This GCU thang is legit yo, 20% all games including preorders! I get all my games from Bestbuy, they also do midnight launches. Not sure why people are still shopping at Gamestop since they sell their games full price when they can instead shop at Bestbuy and have a great 20% off games.

I can tell you GS won't be getting anymore of my money unless they have deals or better pre order bonuses.

Bestbuy is my gaming headquarters until 2018!

It would be cheaper for you to simply buy one of the activation kits for $6.99 and get the 2 years of GCU for free with that though.

I'd like to, but I can't make it out there till tomorrow, and it looks like all their phones are cleared out if the online stock checker is accurate.

There are a lot of cags or fat wallet guys around here. When something like this happens, it's usually gone that same day.

Bought 2 years with the phone on Sunday, went back today to add another 2 years with the activation card. Total of $21 spent for 4 years of discounts!!

Xamdou

I can tell you GS won't be getting anymore of my money unless they have deals or better pre order bonuses.

Bestbuy is my gaming headquarters until 2018!

GS hasn't gotten my monies for over a year now since BB's been getting em... I am set for 2018 also!

Still debating if I should go for 1 more round go make it 2020...

I'd like to, but I can't make it out there till tomorrow, and it looks like all their phones are cleared out if the online stock checker is accurate.

There are a lot of cags or fat wallet guys around here. When something like this happens, it's usually gone that same day.

Hmm are you buying whatever game in store for the $30 GCU promo? Because if so, it would likely be worth it to at least look for the activation cards to see if they're in stock.

I mean it's your money so do whatever you want but my local best buy still had like 5 left after me of the activation cards and they're not as well known to work. It would be about $7 this way instead of $30 the other way but again do whatever you want

So for the activation kit I don't need to buy anything else, right?

Nope, no need to buy anything else or get it price-matched

Hmm are you buying whatever game in store for the $30 GCU promo? Because if so, it would likely be worth it to at least look for the activation cards to see if they're in stock.

I mean it's your money so do whatever you want but my local best buy still had like 5 left after me of the activation cards and they're not as well known to work. It would be about $7 this way instead of $30 the other way but again do whatever you want

Nope, no need to buy anything else or get it price-matched

I'll give it a shot if I can find some.

I must say the 20 percent off is amazing. Now to play the waiting game for bestbuy's black friday deals on there video game selection and use this membership to the fullest.

IMACOMPUTA

2x net10 cards.
Had a new guy as cashier and he hadn't put in my rewards account so it wasn't letting him ring up the GCU's.
He called a manager, that manager called another manager, that manager called the mobile manager... Before I know it I'm like surrounded by best buy employees and once I explain what I'm doing they're all super amazed by the deal and talking to me.. Lol.
I feel bad for the other couple of guys in line behind me.
Sounded like everyone was going to get in on the deal. I'm pretty sure I was the first person in my town to do it, since none of them knew about it.

When do I get coupons and stuff?

2x net10 cards.
Had a new guy as cashier and he hadn't put in my rewards account so it wasn't letting him ring up the GCU's.
He called a manager, that manager called another manager, that manager called the mobile manager... Before I know it I'm like surrounded by best buy employees and once I explain what I'm doing they're all super amazed by the deal and talking to me.. Lol.
I feel bad for the other couple of guys in line behind me.
Sounded like everyone was going to get in on the deal. I'm pretty sure I was the first person in my town to do it, since none of them knew about it.

You'll get a welcome email with the coupons sent to you in 1-3 days however the GBU perks are activated as soon as you add it to your account. As a test you can login into bestbuy.com and add a game to your cart and watch the monies fall off ;)

Took me like a day to receive the welcome email

Also I have bought GCU through these methods 4 times in three separate outings and have thus far received 2 separate welcome emails with unique coupons attached to both. At this point I think I might receive a welcome email for the last two GCU extensions I bought today :)

so what happens if you try and return the phones?

I don't know if anyone has attempted it however if you read the fine print in the ad, it basically says if the phone cost less than the membership then you get nothing.

If you return your mobile phone, for any reason, your return will be less the cost of Gamers Club Unlocked Membership.

So basically it's not worth returning the phones. Donate them to a good cause or keep em for an emergency or give them to some kids to destroy.

jdfly82

Neo Member
Worked like a freaking charm. Immediately picked up Mario golf 3ds for $16 after the discount and $10 in rewards certificate.

Thanks GAF!

Top Bottom