• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Best Buy] Trade in Any Laptop for $75 Credit*

Ugh, spent most of the evening trying to restore an old XP and an old Vista laptop to factory settings (and delete our user data) without success.

And practically picked up a virus on my system while doing it, surfing to this link and that. Thank you, Malwarebytes and Webroot.

Might just Hulk Smash these two fuckers.

Edit - by the way, when I talked to the BB guy and got my $112 for a recent Asus, you are permitted up to 3 trade-ins every year. The promotion that's going on right now is that any system nets you $75, and so anything under $75 is where you can only do 1 (supposedly). So if you brought in three systems that they'd normally give you $75 or more for, you're not really taking advantage of the promotion. That's just their normal policy.

Ugh, spent most of the evening trying to restore an old XP and an old Vista laptop to factory settings (and delete our user data) without success.

And practically picked up a virus on my system while doing it, surfing to this link and that. Thank you, Malwarebytes and Webroot.

Might just Hulk Smash these two fuckers.

Edit - by the way, when I talked to the BB guy and got my $112 for a recent Asus, you are permitted up to 3 trade-ins every year. The promotion that's going on right now is that any system nets you $75, and so anything under $75 is where you can only do 1 (supposedly). So if you brought in three systems that they'd normally give you $75 or more for, you're not really taking advantage of the promotion. That's just their normal policy.

WTF are you doing? Just put in Win 10. They aren't gonna check to see if it's activated.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So hows their policy on cleanliness? I have an old laptop that I did not take care of at all. Water spots and the like all over the monitor. It's not "omg gross" levels, but its definitely bad.

So hows their policy on cleanliness? I have an old laptop that I did not take care of at all. Water spots and the like all over the monitor. It's not "omg gross" levels, but its definitely bad.

Chromebook I traded in for $75 was pretty fucking gross so...

neonglow

I would clean the screen. They don't take water damaged laptops.

Says it expires the 15th was gonna try later today/tomorrow

It doesn't say anything now. Click the link, the promo has been removed from the page.

Officially, they pulled the plug on the 10th, but the deal died the morning of the 11th. There's even an official post on the Best Buy forums.

CatPee

Aw fuck I just got home the day before it was supposed to end and it's over early?
Lame as fuck

What are the specs on it? Half the people I did trade-ins for had machines that were actually worth $80-110 to begin with. They just weren't made aware of the value until they actually came in.

oatmeal

Banned
What are the specs on it? Half the people I did trade-ins for had machines that were actually worth $80-110 to begin with. They just weren't made aware of the value until they actually came in.

2004 IBM Thinkpad.

It's not worth anything.

Worked thanks.

When did you do it?

-

If the DEAL is over, can I still trade in there? Would love to just get rid of it for any sort of credit. It's just taking up space. Would love to get rid of it.

Even people in this thread. It was absurd the amount of people who were like "Oh yeah, I'm totally trading in my i7 with 16GB RAM and a discrete video card for $75!"

Reminds me of when I was working at Best Buy and someone traded in Metroid Prime Trilogy for like $15.
I even told them, and they just didn't care.

Top Bottom