• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best snow music in games

FC Bayern

Phantasy Star 1 - Dezoris Theme

Only because I spent countless weekends as a kid trying to explore this planet and all subsequent dungeons and never made much progress.

Easily 500 hours and 100's of failed attempts. I was like 6-8 and refused to map because things like traps and multiple floors were too hard to work out how to map and had lengthy efforts had turned out fruitless in past attempts.

Finishing the game was the best feeling though. So was finding out (with the internet later on) what was at the bottom of some of the additional dungeons (Iron fang, Laconian Axe etc).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGq0X2cjWpg
[Mega Man 8] Frost Man

gfs_50347_2_13_mid.jpg

I think the music fits very well with the atmosphere of the stage. Running through a snowy city at night. It feels so right.
Here's a really nice remix

Have one for Cold Man, too
, which gives off a similar vibe. I like it a bit more than Frost Man for still being chill but also having a certain sense of mystique and winter wonder to it.

mfiuza

The song that plays on the city of Eternia in Bravely Default. I can't post the link right now, but what a wonderful song that is.

http://youtu.be/ZHZhRMzfH1Y

"Cool Edge - Night" from Sonic Unleashed is the most underrated/underappreciated piece of Sonic music ever IMO. Of course it didn't help that it was music for one of the dull Werehog levels that dragged on way too long and had that irritating battle theme song every time an enemy popped up. Shame on you for that, Sonic Team. Would love to see this music somehow pop up in future Sonic games. Long shot though.

Nothing puts me in the Christmas mood like Banjo Kazooie freezy peaks. A close second is Diddy Kong racing Christmas level on N64. Rare truly where amazing back then!

Sonic 3 Genesis Ice Cap (both acts) is great, but I think the Ice Cap (Act 1) on Sonic 3&K PC is pretty good too (Act 2 is good as well, but I didn't link it because it's unfortunately virtually the same as Act 1. Only difference is emphasis of drums).

The Sonic Advance games also had some pretty good music for their snow levels, if you can stomach the GBA soundfont. Advance 1's Ice Mountain, Ice Paradise, and Twinkle Snow (all links are to their Act 1s, but the Act 2s --and Act 3 and Overworld in the case of Advance 3-- are also good).

There's also something relatively humble and nostalgic with NSMB1's World 5 Map theme that I really like about it.

Also, special shoutout to the aforementioned Diddy Kong Racing's Snow levels (Walrus Cove, Frosty Village, and especially Everfrost Peak <3) and Super Mario 3D World's Snowball Park.

http://youtu.be/ZHZhRMzfH1Y

"Cool Edge - Night" from Sonic Unleashed is the most underrated/underappreciated piece of Sonic music ever IMO. Of course it didn't help that it was music for one of the dull Werehog levels that dragged on way too long and had that irritating battle theme song every time an enemy popped up. Shame on you for that, Sonic Team. Would love to see this music somehow pop up in future Sonic games. Long shot though.

One of the best tunes in unleashed, I loved it.

Top Bottom