• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda (Elder Scrolls/Fallout) making a "bleeding-edge AAA freemium" game

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
On reading that thread title my heart was in my throat for a second, but then I remembered Bethesda have set up a 2nd studio and are working on 2 new titles. So as long as the other project is a big single-player experience like TES or Fallout, then I'm good.

On reading that thread title my heart was in my throat for a second, but then I remembered Bethesda have set up a 2nd studio and are working on 2 new titles. So as long as the other project is a big single-player experience like TES or Fallout, then I'm good.

The moment Bethesda moves all their franchises to F2P is the moment I stop caring about them. Let's hope this never happens and besides not every game lends itself to that shit. Certainly not a SP focused game like Fallout or TES.

MP is a different story and come to think of it, there have been reports/rumors that Starfield was going to have MP.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Got this from UnionVGF. A good explanation by poster Intellivision:

I am not too happy about this and much prefer Bethesda Game Studios games like Fallout 4. Tons of content for that 60 dollars and later on some expansions. But if not, I just hope these new IP are still BGS games through and through in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, game world etc.

To note, a lot of companies just use free 2 play and freemium interchangeably.

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into the model based on that word.

Urgh, just imagining how pushy and greedy a AAA-budget game will have to be with its microtransactions to make a profit is making my head spin.

My time with Warframe is a ray of hope that this could be done well.

But all the freemium games out there not named Warframe give me pause.

If its not competitive based I'll at least give it a look.

Top Bottom