• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda registers Fallout trademark for ongoing TV show

Fallout publisher Bethesda Softworks has registered a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for "an on-going television program set in a post-nuclear apocalyptic world."

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that it's more than likely referring to its critically acclaimed post-apocalyptic RPG series Fallout.

This coincides with last week's cryptic tweets from voice actor Erik Todd Dellums - who played DJ Three Dog in Fallout 3 - that stated, "To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-16-fallout-tv-show-in-the-works-rumour

With a high enough budget, a Fallout show could be good. The stories in the games don't do the premises justice, I'd like to see where good storytellers could take it

I'd rather have a Metro 2033 film though :p

(based on the book)

Row

Banned
would at the very least make for an awesome pilot episode, with of course the end being the main character leaving a vault for the first time

0Yrar.jpg

EMT0

Banned
If there's a silver lining to this, it's that this gives more time for Gamebryo to become even more obsolete and have it ditched completely.

8bit

Knows the Score
I had posted originally at the end of the three dog tease thread from last week, but Nirolak thought it important enough for a thread of it's own.

Anyway, I'd love to see some post apocalyptic TV but I'm not sure if Fallout is quite what I had in mind.

But really, isn't this just Walking Dead with added radiation?

Umm... not at all?

RadScorpions
Muties
Nuka Cola
New Reno kind of suff with whores and druggies
Ghouls (speaking human)
Cultists
Brotherhood of Steel Heavies
Enclave Heavies
Centaurs
The Legion Crazies
etc.

Fallout universe is 10x the universe TWD is.

There's no way this show will survive outside of something like HBO.

Beth better hire some gooooood staff to write that shit.

lol who am I kidding.

JDSN

Banned
Interesting:

Does the series have a lead character kind of type?

They could literally go with an unknown in any part of the timeline while revealing the story of the Great War. But id personally go with The Courrier, his background and his storyline could achieve a decent balance between a big arc and monster/case/murder of the week episodes.

CASTING THREAD WARNING:
Matt_Perry.jpg

Matthew Perry as Benny, the guy did a great work with little, knows and loves the series, is a decent actor, and it would be great to watch Chandler Bing after the end of the world.

With a good show runner behind it and a cable network this could be good. Three Dog can fuck off though

They don't have to do whack monster of the week shit if hbo or somebody picks this up. I pray this doesn't go to NBC or abc or something

Top Bottom