• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 seemingly coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Axass

Can we stop giving attention to "leakers" now? Every single guy/gal striving for attention has been proved wrong, meanwhile anonymous 4chan rumours were true.

Famassu

Rayman Legends was suppose to be exclusive for Wii U, things change, I don't think the rumor was wrong at the time, but when ubisoft saw what the team was doing, they realized how big it would become and decided to go down this route. What that means for the Switch and the original deal that might have been in place, well who knows.
Considering the very reason BG&E2 was delayed to PS4 & Xbone (Ancel said last gen consoles were too underpowered to handle their plans), this was never a Switch exclusive and probably has never even been in development for Switch at all.

EVH

The only funding by Nintendo is sharing the Mario IP for the Rabbids game so the money Ubisoft makes with it goes to fund BGE2. Lmao.

Nameless

Between the direction of the trailer and the brief info they gave about the game BG&E2 had all the trappings of a big AAA multiplatform project. It not coming to Switch should be no bigger shock than Anthem or Metro.

jdstorm

Banned
hahahah, that makes me wonder where the hell that rumor came from in the first place

Complete guess. But the "No Mans Skylanders"* game showed a Switch controler in its presentation and had enough space exploration cominalities, that its likely it was a switch exclusive at some stage. Although that has clearly changed.

*Not actually called that.

as far as I am concerned, rumors were killed the moment the trailer was revealed

(IMO), visually it appeared to be a whole generation above switch.

Haha.

Although i understand what you mean. It looks like they are going for a graphical quality that the Switch can't handle.
We can't be sure of course.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A brutal reminder that in videogame dev a project can go round begging for exclusive funding from all the platform holders multiple times.

Also since sources can be fanboys themselves, you have to consider what parts of their info are cold hard fact and not their own console warrior slant. The Monster Hunter World stuff is another prime example of someone with an agenda.

mieumieu

Ok.

I actually didn't mean that in a threatening way. I like Laura a lot, and if she's getting hate on Twitter for this then that's completely out of order.

Everything could change during development.

If someone is willing to leak something in public without anonymity (also with generally good track record), we should at least cut them some slack.

Does anyone have a list of her Nintendo leaks vs. what's actually happened? I don't follow her or anything, but I thought she was considered reliable at the end of last year.
Her hardware track record has been solid, but pretty much all of her software leaks (that's not "a Mario & Rabbids crossover RPG exists") have proven to be inaccurate. I'm going to wait until the Treehouse streams are over before declaring her an unreliable source, but right now she's probably joining Liam Robinson and Emily Rogers in the "knows nothing about Nintendo software" category.

patapuf

If people treated leaks and rumors as that rather than confirmation of something 100% happening there'd be less disapointed people.

nightside

she's been getting a lot of shit on twitter, to the point it's really quite bad =/

and besides, she's hardly unreliable, she completely called both Until Dawn Rush of Blood and the Mario/Rabbids game before their reveals.

Really bad I would say. But leaks are like that, you can have a reliable source or not, or the same reliable source may hand you a wrong news once in a while.

I feel it was pretty obvious since the reveal that it was not a Switch exclusive. Would make zero sense to not show it during the Nintendo show.

And even if it was CG, the art style and graphics from the trailer strongly suggest a non-Nintendo target audience if you ask me...

I am 100% expecting this to come out for every system except the Switch.

I could imagine however that Switch owners might get a BG&E remake, and in all honesty that would be the game I'd prefer at this point.

I don't think this definitively proves it's not coming to Switch. I think you get those options based on what's linked to your Ubisoft/Uplay account (I assume this because I only have PC linked and was never given an option of platform). Could be wrong

Shiggy

I don't think this definitively proves it's not coming to Switch. I think you get those options based on what's linked to your Ubisoft/Uplay account (I assume this because I only have PC linked and was never given an option of platform). Could be wrong

I only had PC linked and still got all three platforms listed.

FelipeMGM

And I only have PS4 linked and still was able to choose between the three platforms too

scamander

Banned

Same.

Also, yes, it was unlikely BGE2 would end up being a Switch exclusive after the way they presented it, but that didn't mean there would be no Switch version whatsoever. Now we know a Switch version is most likely not coming.

Lime

It was a very unlikely rumor given the economic landscape of the games industry these days. I have no idea why people would believe it other than being emotionally invested in the Switch platform to the detriment of other consumers.

It seens that even after this E3 the Switch's third party support is really lackluster. I really thought this would be coming to Switch (not exclusively tho).

Elios83

The CG trailer looked amazing, Ancel seems to be a fan of Luc Besson.
But this game regardless of the platforms won't be released before 2019....if it doesn't fall in development hell and put on hold...again....so I prefer not to think too much about it to avoid disappointment.

MyBodyisReady

Neo Member
It could still be exclusive to the Switch. The rumor said exclusive to the Switch for one year. Nintendo Switch might not be in the survey because its already a guarantee.

The survey might be asking for its post-year status.

It was clear the moment they announced the game as a multiplayer online one.
It's not really a multiplayer focused game. It's single player with optional multiplayer.

I also don't see why that necessarily means no Switch either.

For the record, I don't think those platforms are wrong.

Fury451

Banned
That rumor didn't really make any sense to begin with. This game is already somewhat baffling from the development cost point of view, considering it's a sequel to a critically acclaimed financial flop coming 15 years later. Making an exclusive to one console would probably be incredibly poor decision.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I assumed this would be the case. Didn't Ancel say previous gen (PS3/360) wasn't strong enough for his vision? So the Switch being just a bit more powerful than those, it did seem a little unrealistic to suddenly expect it to be exclusive.

Setsuna

This is only tangentially related, but BG&E Twitter account they launched with this thing is now suspended. Any idea why?

Are we sure it was suspended? or did it not generate enough follows so they deleted it and relinked to Ubisoft's main Twitter?

Shiggy

It could still be exclusive to the Switch. The rumor said exclusive to the Switch for one year. Nintendo Switch might not be in the survey because its already a guarantee.

The survey might be asking for its post-year status.

Considering all of the rumour turned out wrong, and a lot of her other rumours are also incorrect, no. Don't expect this game on Switch.

Top Bottom