• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 seemingly coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Pooya

Shared open world online game they're spending a lot of time building new tech for?

sounds like switch exclusive. /s

Fdkn

Stop giving attention to people seeking it.

The best leaks are always anonimous or from people that is trying to hide their identity.

I assumed this would be the case. Didn't Ancel say previous gen (PS3/360) wasn't strong enough for his vision? So the Switch being just a bit more powerful than those, it did seem a little unrealistic to suddenly expect it to be exclusive.
Wii U is “just a bit more powerful than those”, Switch is quite a bit more powerful than Wii U, even in handheld mode.

BTA

She has some good sources, but also some bad ones, and she trusts both.

I checked Twitter just now, and apparently the same exact source that gave her the details on Rabbids (which were all correct, barring when it was actually announced) was the one who told her this, making it even more confusing (for her as well as us).

I assumed this would be the case. Didn't Ancel say previous gen (PS3/360) wasn't strong enough for his vision? So the Switch being just a bit more powerful than those, it did seem a little unrealistic to suddenly expect it to be exclusive.

WiiU was a bit more powerful than those, Switch is quite more powerful. The exclusive thing was always dumb.

Edit: Well, what Dreamwriter said.

FelipeMGM

From Michel Ancel Instagram

DCSdi4sXoAEcqZu.jpg

This game isn’t coming out for years, and most game engines these days allow for easy porting between platforms including the Switch. Ubisoft is one of the biggest backers of the Switch. So don’t count your monkeys before they hatch.

she's been getting a lot of shit on twitter, to the point it's really quite bad =/

and besides, she's hardly unreliable, she completely called both Until Dawn Rush of Blood and the Mario/Rabbids game before their reveals.

Unreliable means unreliable, it doesn't mean always wrong.

She got the title for Rush of Blood but last time I caught up she had called Rush of Blood DLC and recently held up the Dev's denial of working on DLC as an example of lying. 🤔

But as for BG&E it was that Geno person I first remember hearing it from*, another unreliable poster.
*(Iirc, my memory is unreliable also)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
and besides, she's hardly unreliable, she completely called both Until Dawn Rush of Blood and the Mario/Rabbids game before their reveals.

She's not wrong 100% of the time, however she doesn't exactly have the best hit/miss ratio:

I think the Mario + Rabbids game is the only rumour she's been on point with thus far with regard to software, though, to be fair, she did say some things may not surface until E3.

Edit: From her bingo card:
- Rabbids RPG Grant Kirkhope composer
HakLlIm.png

- Rabbids Mario RPG
HakLlIm.png

- Mother 3 Q2 2017
jbXCfI0.png

- Beyond Good & Evil 2 [Switch] teaser
jbXCfI0.png

- Zelda misses launch in some EU languages
jbXCfI0.png

- Splatoon pack-in
jbXCfI0.png

- Monolith making new game + Xenoblade port external
HakLlIm.png
+
jbXCfI0.png

- Retro not making Metroid or DK
jbXCfI0.png
(Note: Retro's new game wasn't announced)
- Dark Souls 3 port
jbXCfI0.png

- Zelda at launch NA and Japan
HakLlIm.png

- Rayman Origins port
jbXCfI0.png

Edit edit: Updated.

She actually let go of the BG&E2 Switch exclusivity rumour a few hours after Ubi's conference ended, admitting that she's "convinced [she's] wrong", but had a change of heart when the game didn't make an appearance during Sony's conference and the trailer was removed from its YouTube channel, saying she trusts her sources and even published an article defending her comment that Ancel's response should be taken with a grain of salt. The rumour is her figurative baby, having never been corroborated by anybody else, so I can certainly understand not wanting to part with it without formal confirmation of the intended platforms, however all evidence points to her putting her credibility on the line with bad information.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You know what's worse than reporting rumours that turn out to be false? Instead of admitting going into a long rant on twitter and accusing people left and right of lying just to cover for your own fake info.
And in parallel making a big thing about any info you got right even when it was reported previously by others.

An insider might be wrong from time to time, but when you make an ass of yourself you deserve some shade.

Maiar_m

I'll be surprised if the game has the scale they're saying it'll have and still gets out on Switch. However, nothing Ancel said and nothing the Beta website says means it won't. it's just not the de facto platform for it.

Shiggy

You know what's worse than reporting rumours that turn out to be false? Instead of admitting going into a long rant on twitter and accusing people left and right of lying just to cover for your own fake info.
And in parallel making a big thing about any info you got right even when it was reported previously by others.

An insider might be wrong from time to time, but when you make an ass of yourself you deserve some shade.

That's why it's best to not give attention to such insiders anymore. I think, or well, I hope we've learnt our lesson. I did.

it's not like ubisoft is the only software house to not port multiplatform games on the switch

nintendo knew what they were gettin into when they decided the specs of the console.
What do specs got to with it? We barely know anything about this game.

Oreiller

"As far as I know" sounds super weird coming from him. So they're developing for all platforms but deals might still happen leading to exclusivity?
There is a much simpler explanation for this turn of phrase, and it's that Michel Ancel's English is notoriously poor.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I can't imagine why anyone would think this would be appearing on Switch. The scale and scope of the game they seem to be aiming for is likely well beyond what the Switch hardware is capable of.

Top Bottom