• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 2 pulled from digital retailers

why do people act like bioshock 2 was a bad game? an unnecessary sequel, sure. but bad?

I don't get the consensus either. As far as making a sequel to a game that had a clear-cut, definitive ending, they did a pretty good job. Was fun playing as a big daddy, combat was tighter and felt better to control than in the original, and Sofia Lamb was a competent replacement for Andrew Ryan. Getting to see Rapture years after the Fontaine incident was interesting. An already crumbling society even more fucked up than it was before. A nice little side story, and the best gameplay in the series.

Shame about the repetitive wave-based events bookmarking the end of every area though. That dragged it down slightly.

this music licensing issue is such a load of shit i swear even some of gta sa original tracks got removed. and bs2 has really awesome tracks, i really liked listening to the 'run run run here comes the boogie man'

Why does music licensing in games seem so wonky? I had thought that the normal way of doing business now that when music is licensed for a film/TV Show/movie it was generally done in perpetuity to avoid having to change music for re-releases, which can often have a negative impact.

Bioshock 2 only released 5 years ago--seems like publishers would at least keep a license like this active until they were no longer selling the game. But if people are still buying it on digital platforms, it must be worth keeping the license. Seems like it would be smarter to just license for at least a decade to ensure a game has a full life on the digital marketplace.

Lijik

terrible first post

Shame about the repetitive wave-based events bookmarking the end of every area though. That dragged it down slightly.

I actually really loved those (assuming these are the protect the little sister events). I remember in 1 trying to set up traps was a mostly unsatisfying endeavor and I stopped bothering half way. Its a really simple thing but I got a lot more enjoyment lacing a clear "arena" with traps and sitting back to watch splicers get wrecked.

And nothing of value was lost.

Seriously though, B2 was horrible. I don't even mind i they were to omit it from any future remasters.

*EDIT*.

I guess i should say that Bioshock 2 was just plain unnecessary. It was horrible to me because it was just a waste of a game outside of arguably better mechanics. But i never played Bioshock for the combat, as i felt 1's was absolutely serviceable to the experience.
It was far from horrible. But, opinions and all...

Minerva's Den is one of the best DLCs I have ever experienced in a game

I can't believe this is a thing now. No way I want an all digital future if bullshit licensing issues like this is gonna give me less of a game than what i originally paid for.

Top Bottom