• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Remaster 1/2 free upgrades now live on Steam.

Braag

So I just ran into this while going through Neptune's Bounty...

p2w51Pp.jpg

I had the exact same thing happen to me in that area.

itxaka

Defeatist
I had the exact same thing happen to me in that area.

Same thing here.

Pretty happy with the remaster. Running it max at 4k downscaled to 1080p. Looks great and runs great. Only issue is that entering the menu freezes the game for a couple of seconds, which is weird, but cannot complain. It's free!

leng jai

Same thing here.

Pretty happy with the remaster. Running it max at 4k downscaled to 1080p. Looks great and runs great. Only issue is that entering the menu freezes the game for a couple of seconds, which is weird, but cannot complain. It's free!

Are you playing it on mute? The audio is absolutely dreadful and a literal demastering :/

itxaka

Defeatist
Are you playing it now mute? The audio is absolutely dreadful and a literal demastering :/

Yeah, I'm not really good with audio, probably have some low hearing problems so I usually don't notice sound issues in games like ever. Reading the thread looks like they butchered the audio. That sucks. Hopefully they will patch it later for those that can notice it. Good thing about the remaster is that they can now try and fix some of those issues. :)

Spyware

Yeah, I'm not really good with audio, probably have some low hearing problems so I usually don't notice sound issues in games like ever. Reading the thread looks like they butchered the audio. That sucks. Hopefully they will patch it later for those that can notice it. Good thing about the remaster is that they can now try and fix some of those issues. :)
You make it sound like they had no way of trying to fix them before.
They didn't care one bit about the problems with the original releases and they didn't fix them while remastering the games. So why would they patch them?

yes!

I've been waiting to replay this.

Maybe I'll wait for infinite as well so I can go through all 3 at once.
Infinite won't get a remaster on PC if that's what you meant. It's the already nicer looking PC version (compared to last gen console versions) that they ported to current gen consoles.

I picked up the remasters on PC and sadly both have now hit me with save game bugs, judging from the forums it's a bug that dates back to the originals, and it wiped out all my saves on me. So upsetting having hours of manual saves deleted, I can't be bothered wasting more time on them so deleted.

The stupid auto saves even stopped happening so I couldn't even fall back on them or anything. I'm really getting fed up with broken games being released (or re-released in this case).

Sigh... at least steam has refunds I guess

Cronen

I have a question, do I need to finish Bioshock 2 to play Minerva's Den? I never finished that game but I really wanted to play the DLC since people are always praising it.

EDIT: Also, Minerva's Den doesn't show up. I assume it installs with the full game?

From what I can remember, Minerva's Den is a standalone story that is separate from BioShock 1 and 2. I am sure someone can correct me on this though!

It is DLC, so I imagine it'll be somewhere in a menu on BioShock 2? Assuming that you own it, of course. You only get the remastered version if you owned the original.

ktroopa

a patch is coming...

Upcoming Updates Addressing Issues And Feature Support

Since the launch of BioShock and BioShock 2 Remastered, some players have been reporting stability issues, while others have asked for additional feature support. We hear you and we’re happy to report we’re addressing this feedback soon. Whether it’s your first time in Rapture, or you’re revisiting it again, we want your experience with the BioShock remasters to be as enjoyable as possible.

We’re looking to address:
General Mouse Fixes, including better Mouse Smoothing, Sensitivity and Acceleration Options in BioShock;
Additional Speaker Mode Options in Audio Settings in BioShock;
Improved FoV Slider Options in BioShock, BioShock 2 and Minerva’s Den;
Support for 21:9 display ratios in BioShock, BioShock 2 and Minerva’s Den;
General stability improvement to reduce instances of game crashes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/409710/allnews/

kiguel182

From what I can remember, Minerva's Den is a standalone story that is separate from BioShock 1 and 2. I am sure someone can correct me on this though!

It is DLC, so I imagine it'll be somewhere in a menu on BioShock 2? Assuming that you own it, of course. You only get the remastered version if you owned the original.

I do own it, it's on the DLC menu for Bioshock 2 menu on Steam but there's nothing like it on the remaster.

You have to beat Bio2 first to unlock DLC access.

Well that's a bummer since I didn't want to replay like half of it.

Cronen

You have to beat Bio2 first to unlock DLC access.

I do own it, it's on the DLC menu for Bioshock 2 menu on Steam but there's nothing like it on the remaster.

Well that's a bummer since I didn't want to replay like half of it.

Is this new for the remaster? I bought the original versions of BioShock 2 and Minerva's Den on PC a few years ago specifically to play through Minerva's Den, and was able to do so without playing through the main game.

Spectone

I tried to play Bioshock 2 remastered but there is not audio after the intro movie. Game is very weird with no sound at all. Will have to wait until they patch it as there is nothing I can edit in the ini files to correct it.

Top Bottom