• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2016 - Post cool deals here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Looking to get a 32GB iPad WiFi for my son (age 4) during black Friday. My options look like this:

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

Whats everyone's thoughts? Is is best to spend the extra $75 for the Air 2? Is there a bid difference between the Mini 2 and 4?

I...really don't think it matters for a 4 year old dude. Just get the mini 2.

Looking to get a 32GB iPad WiFi for my son (age 4) during black Friday. My options look like this:

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

Whats everyone's thoughts? Is is best to spend the extra $75 for the Air 2? Is there a bid difference between the Mini 2 and 4?

lol. he's four. he will not recognize the difference between a 2 and a 4.

emag

Is 2GB of ram on a laptop really adequate to run anything?

It's fine for web browsing, media consumption, and light MS Office work. Not suitable for video editing or large coding projects, of course.

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

The Mini 2 was an amazing value when it was released three years ago, but the Mini 4 is a solid upgrade (twice the RAM, convenience of TouchID, somewhat better screen and processor). It's also sure to be supported longer.

Mini 4 vs. Air 2 is mostly just a question of device size.

Hell, a 4 year old would probably be more than happy with one of those $35 Amazon Fire tablets!

VicDaMoan03's baby:
1Mzz1VY.jpg

im just kidding, VicDaMoan03. your call. i dont really know the differences myself but your kid might?

Nudull

Banned
How deep do Fire tablet discounts tend to go? I didn't have any devices in mind this year, buuut I may be swayed if I can get the $50 one for less.

ColdPizza

Banned

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

I'm scared to buy an Air 2 at this point. Isn't it pretty old as far as product lifecycle goes?

GTI Guy

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

Why not get one of those Fire Tablets for Kids? They're like $100 (probably will have a black Friday deal) and comes with a kid proof case and two years of damage protection.

NandoGip

Where would you guys recommend I check for a laptop in the $300-$400 range? Looking for the best bang for my buck spec wise.

Gonna be looking for a laptop, No expert on specs. How's the 99 dollar dell ones? Feel free to direct me to other deals.

It'll be a all around laptop.
I cant imagine a $100 laptop will be able to run any of the newer games.
Nvm on that, should have phrased my original post better. I have a PS4 so not really looking for a primary gaming rig. Just be nice if it had the power to run some games

Gonna be looking for a laptop, No expert on specs. How's the 99 dollar dell ones? Feel free to direct me to other deals.

It'll be a all around laptop. but if one can run some of the newer games decently that'd be cool

I cant imagine a $100 laptop will be able to run any of the newer games.

emag

Nvm on that, should have phrased my original post better. I have a PS4 so not really looking for a primary gaming rig. Just be nice if it had the power to run some games

Don't expect to run any modern games. A few lighter indie/XBLA-style games will work, along with some 10+ year old (pre-360/PS3 era) mainstream games (which will likely have other compatibility issues), but that's about it. Even a lot of the "retro"-styled games that you'd expect to have low system requirements will choke on that $99 Dell.

Zoe

Any good receiver deals?

Need a new refrigerator. Any event deals? Well, not necessarily looking for the cheapest option. Want something that lasts a long time. So all LG and Samsung stuff is out.

We're also looking for a fridge. What's wrong with LG or Samsung though?

Bread

Banned

you'll be able to run all the newest putt putt and freddi fish games on there

On the computer topic, would anyone comment on the Dell Inspiron micro PC? I'm guessing it wouldn't fare any better than the laptop? I'm looking for a cheap htpc that will play unity/indies.
I was thinking about the Gamestop Alienware i3 steam machine $225. Is it worth it?

Lorcain

iPad Mini 2 $200
iPad Mini 4 $250
iPad Air 2 $275

I just bought iPad Mini 2's for my 2 kids last week at Costco. They were already on sale at the $199 price.

My kids have been monopolizing my iPad Air, so they're used to that level of performance. They will be very happy to have their own iPad Mini's that are just as good as mine.

Watevaman

So my laptop died this morning. Still not sure if I am gonna replace it but I figure BF would be the best time. Does anyone have any recommendations based on the following?

-Lightweight
-Can play 720p or 1080p without stuttering
-Good battery life
-HDMI out
-At least 2 USB ports, speed doesn't matter
-At least 64 gigs of disk space

-Preferably as close to $200 as possible, but I could probably go up to 300

Honestly I would be fine with a tablet if it weren't for the fact that sometimes I need to type a lot and also use external HDDs. I also used my laptop as a media center for our living room TV so that's why it needs to be media capable.

Edit: Walmart is gonna have the Samsung Chromebook 3 for 120 bucks. That might be good enough. One question I have though, is I also used my laptop to download large steam games at work to transfer to my desktop at home. I know chromebooks can't run games but can they at least download them?

So my laptop died this morning. Still not sure if I am gonna replace it but I figure BF would be the best time. Does anyone have any recommendations based on the following?

-Lightweight
-Can play 720p or 1080p without stuttering
-Good battery life
-HDMI out
-At least 2 USB ports, speed doesn't matter
-At least 64 gigs of disk space

-Preferably as close to $200 as possible, but I could probably go up to 300

Honestly I would be fine with a tablet if it weren't for the fact that sometimes I need to type a lot and also use external HDDs. I also used my laptop as a media center for our living room TV so that's why it needs to be media capable.

Edit: Walmart is gonna have the Samsung Chromebook 3 for 120 bucks. That might be good enough. One question I have though, is I also used my laptop to download large steam games at work to transfer to my desktop at home. I know chromebooks can't run games but can they at least download them?

It can't run steam so it can't download games from steam.

Regiruler

A rather specific request, but does anyone know if Anki Overdrive is going on sale anywhere? It looks like an enjoyable present for my younger brother that reminds me of those types of toys that I wanted as a kid but couldn't really afford.

LUXURY

going to attempt to get an Xbox One bundle at Target. My launch console fried in a storm. I'm hoping they have some left as I won't be going terribly early.

Maxim726X

going to attempt to get an Xbox One bundle at Target. My launch console fried in a storm. I'm hoping they have some left as I won't be going terribly early.

Not sure if you're aware, but many credit cards are offering a 'price protection' guarantee (Chase, Discover for sure).

As in, you can buy it now, scan the ad, send it to the designated spot and you'll be refunded the difference.

I did it last year for my TV through Discover and it went through without a hitch.

I'm not clear on the 3DS. Does it replace the current 3DS and this is just the new normal price? Or is that price only good until midnight and then it goes back to regular price.

Based on the NES Classic fiasco, I'm not planning to even try to get this if it's limited in either time or stock. But my daughter sure would love one.

tariniel

Looking to score either the iPad Mini or iPad Air from BB for my niece if I can get one ordering online. I have no interest in actually going to the store on BF and dealing with that nonsense.

Other than that, keeping an eye out on a good deal for some bluetooth IEM headphones for the gym. I've heard good things about the Jaybird x3 but haven't see them appear anywhere that I've checked yet.

mkenyon

Banned
I'll check thread but

Anyone seen or heard of any good deals on a vacuum , must handle pet hair

>_>
I have two border collies and a long hair cat. All indoor pets, Border Collies go everywhere with us, to work, out and about, everywhere. My life could be defined by pet hair.

Get a Shark, I'm sure there will be discounts on them, but they already have great prices for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom