• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2016 - Post cool deals here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really need any games for this BF. Looking to mostly pick up some other stuff though.

New monitor - looking for 1440p/144hz as a baseline.

New microphone - Would like to actually have a good microphone when I talk to friends online instead of using the mic attached to my 30 dollar headset

HD/SSDs - Hopefully some nice deals on external HDs and maybe even a bigger SSD for my PC

Possibly new headphones - If there's a really good deal on headphones, I might be tempted to pick some up, not a big need though.

Thats it for now, but I'll probably be seeing some other stuff I might wanna pick up.

ZoronMaro

What's the best place to get a 2-in-1 laptop, something like Dell Inspiron or Lenovo Yoga?

Also in needs to be an online deal, I'll be out of town and I can't go into a store even if I wanted to.

NimbusD

Keeping an eye out for a decent android phone. My phone broke for the second time this year after skimping out on getting a good phone. Now i"m sitting with a back up windows phone. It's driving me insane, no fucking apps and a horribly lacking OS. We'll see if I can even make it to black friday.

Jarnet87

looking for a new PC for my parents, almost anything would be an upgrade just want to get something that they won't have to replace in 2-3 years. May just look for some decent dell deals at different stores.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm looking for a Surface Book i5 cpu and nvidia dgpu.

Best (only?) deal I've seen is $400 off at Microsoft.com. Brings it down to $1499. REAL tempted to jump on one myself.

I'm also looking for a Galaxy S7. Target $250 gift card is looking like the best deal so far.

Edit: Amazon has the SB i5 with 8/256/dgpu for $1415 and no tax. I jumped on that. I REALLY hope the SB2 isn't shit hot now :p

reKon

Banned
I just bought the entire series of Breaking Bad on Blu-ray w/ UV copy for $34 from Amazon UK....

There's also deal on all Harry Potter films for $34 w/ UV Copy at Amazon UK

Apparently for the UV access, I need to use a proxy when using my code in order to have it linked to a US account? Any guidance on this?

Any good receiver deals?

We're also looking for a fridge. What's wrong with LG or Samsung though?
Doing some more research, I was wrong about LG. They're second only to Kenmore in overall reliability. Samsung... I've never had luck with the brand.

gogojira

So, I'm getting a second console for my kids on Black Friday and I'm trying to figure out which is friendlier for that situation, XB1 or PS4. Any help?

Ideally, we can have a family account and share my library and play online together. Is this even possible or do both systems require two copies of a game to bought to be able to play together? Thanks for any help!

So, I'm getting a second console for my kids on Black Friday and I'm trying to figure out which is friendlier for that situation, XB1 or PS4. Any help?

Ideally, we can have a family account and share my library and play online together. Is this even possible or do both systems require two copies of a game to bought to be able to play together? Thanks for any help!

I have 2 PS4 so my kid can play too. It's not hard to set up with a sub account. So you'll only need 1 psn account. When you set up the sub account be sure to put they are older than they really are. It wouldn't let my 12 year old play destiny with me because he's not 16 even though I allowed it.
You will have to buy games digitally now. If you buy discs then you'll have to buy them twice. pretty easy to set up and use. Not sure how XB1 does it though

mrklaw

MrArseFace

XB1 slightly friendlier but both pretty similar. I think XB1 has the benefit of allowing you to be signed in 'in the background' which will allow others to play games using your account, even on the non-primary console. PS4 might be limited to only you playing on the non-primary if you're signed in.

gogojira

Thanks for the help! Clears it up pretty nicely for me. Both sound fairly easy so I'll just go with the better deal in the end.

OK with the digital part, too. I buy mostly digital anyways.

Emarv

So the iPad Air 2 for $275 will be available online, right? What time do those deals normally go live on their websites? That's the main thing I'm looking for this week. Don't want to miss out on that.

mkenyon

Banned
Looking to buy a desktop PC or all in one this week. Just need it for office and web browsing. Would be possibly interested in adding a GPU for light gaming. Any deals I should look at?

Thinking about this bundle:

http://deals.dell.com/mpp/productdetail/5sr

Could I add a GPU to this?

Also looking at this co outer as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1INXJK/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Find out what kind of powersupply they have. The Dell one looks like a teeny PSU.

You'd likely have to go for a super low power GPU, if they can accommodate a bit more power usage.

2real4tv

So the iPad Air 2 for $275 will be available online, right? What time do those deals normally go live on their websites? That's the main thing I'm looking for this week. Don't want to miss out on that.

Me too I want to buy this for my wife is there any concerns with only having 32GB? Or performance issue since it is dated?

Anyone seen any good deals on office chairs? Mine gave up the ghost after ten years and now I'm sitting in a dining chair, hoping to find something quality enough to last another ten.

Really really tempted by the $599 Surface Pro 4 deal at Best Buy.

But it's a doorbuster deal and I don't want it badly enough to skip Thanksgiving Dinner. :(

neonglow

Really really tempted by the $599 Surface Pro 4 deal at Best Buy.

But it's a doorbuster deal and I don't want it badly enough to skip Thanksgiving Dinner. :(
It should be available online. They had it for the same price a week ago and didn't sell out for a couple days.

Wife wants the new gopro hero 5 but I haven't found a good deal yet. One of the better deals is at Target which gives you a $60 gift card. If I can use the 10% discount I might go for that one.

Geist-

New Nintendo 3DS
new-3ds-99.jpg

Is this going to be online or do I have to crowd surf tomorrow?

If anybody has Verizon and is looking at getting a Galaxy S7 Best Buy has a really incredible deal. They are offering a $400 GC with the purchase of an S7/S7 Edge on a payment plan and you can also get an additional $200 GC with the trade-in of any working smartphone. Previously they were offering a $250 GC + $200 with trade-in so this is a pretty big step up over that. You should be able to apply that trade-in GC to the purchase of the phone which would make it $500/$600 for the S7/S7 Edge. Also, you have the option of selling the $400 GC to a site like Cardpool for $332 which would drop the overall cost of the phones to either $168 or $268.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...8f83325f0INT&skuId=4893100&productCategoryId=

NEO0MJ

I'm mostly just looking for a cheap 1TB SSD or a nice effect pedal.
Wasn't there a site that tracked deals? Which is the preferred?

Spinluck

There are a ton of different models of Rokus and Chromecasts, but it seems like the 2016 Roku Stick is the best "budget" streaming device available at the moment.

Also, Chromecasts don't come with a remote - you have to use your phone/tablet to control it - which might be a deal breaker for some.

A Chromecast remote is pretty much anything.

Phone, tablet, computer.

Best Buy's prices are live. They are secretly matching many of the other deals (like the $275 32gb iPad Air 2 and many of the movies Wal-Mart and Target has).

The site is obviously slow at checkout though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we had this in the UK, our sales are so wank in comparison.

Evo X

If anybody has Verizon and is looking at getting a Galaxy S7 Best Buy has a really incredible deal. They are offering a $400 GC with the purchase of an S7/S7 Edge on a payment plan and you can also get an additional $200 GC with the trade-in of any working smartphone. Previously they were offering a $250 GC + $200 with trade-in so this is a pretty big step up over that. You should be able to apply that trade-in GC to the purchase of the phone which would make it $500/$600 for the S7/S7 Edge. Also, you have the option of selling the $400 GC to a site like Cardpool for $332 which would drop the overall cost of the phones to either $168 or $268.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...8f83325f0INT&skuId=4893100&productCategoryId=

This is great. Thanks for posting!

Is the S7 Edge a good upgrade from my Note 4?

Anyone know of any iPhone 6/6s deals? My mom and I really need to upgrade (I have a iPhone 4 and she has a 4s). 5/5s isn't a big enough upgrade and 7's are out of our price range.

I am gonna try this tomorrow but are you sure the trade in offer will work along with the $400 offer ? It has seemingly disappeared from the website.

Isn't that the same old pre BF price?

For what? Steam Link is $50, it's almost certainly been lower but I never followed it or seen any notifications on Twitter from CAG about it being lower and bought it on impulse. Samsung SSDs, the 1TB EVO 850 is usually over $300 from what I've seen, it's been at least $310 from my watching it over the last month or so, the 500GB usually hovers between $150-$170 (bought one last year on Amazon for $180) from all the times I've checked it. The 250GB one though might've been that price several times before, I never paid attention to it. There are other brands that have been cheaper though, yeah.

NEO0MJ

Samsung SSDs, the 1TB EVO 850 is usually over $300 from what I've seen, it's been at least $310 from my watching it over the last month or so paid attention to it. There are other brands that have been cheaper though, yeah.

Now that you mention it, you're right. It's the other brands that were hovering in that range. The Samsung was 310 for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom