• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: Impressions After 40 Hours (EDGE)

2AdEPT

Final point: I think the as yet undiscussed mechanic in the game is going to be a more accessible world tendency system that is visualized by a changing time of day. Everyone is hoping for beast mode, but I think that the hype might be unsustainable on that front. That kind of truly asymmetric gameplay seems too difficult to design and balance in a game like this. Maybe I will be wrong though. It happens often.

Yamagiwa was pretty clear in this interview that there was no time cycle.

Sanctuary

Death will only set you back to where you last 'rested', and you must recover the 'currency' you were carrying by killing the enemy that killed you. If you fail in that task, you lose the currency forever.

Is that how this game operates? Because you didn't have to kill the enemy that killed you to get your souls back in the previous games. You simply touched your bloodstain.

Donos

Better quality launch trailer is up (from the launch trailer thread) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKptPGvUhfQ&feature=youtu.be

Some gifs from Raven777

LavishOffbeatGangesdolphin.gif

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Whelp....definitely gonna have to take Friday off the week it releases so it can consume my soul.

Those screenshots are amazing. I'm gonna go on lockdown now though to avoid spoilers due to the reports of people already having the game.

bombshell

So maybe someone can help me out. I redeemed the nightmare PS4 theme from the code posted here. I did it on the SEN website as I was out at the time. I thought it went through, but when I went to my PS4 later I don't have the option to download the theme and can't find it on the store to download either. I tried re entering the code, but now it's telling me I've already used it. Did I screw myself out of the theme somehow?

Go to settings -> themes on your PS4. It will be ready to download from there.

Go to your themes, it'll be there waiting for you to download. Give it a go and report back.

Already did that as well. I have no idea what I did. I'm not too concerned either way. I'll submit a help ticket. If I get it, great. If not then I'll just keep using my 20th anniversary theme.

Go to settings -> themes on your PS4. It will be ready to download from there.

It wasn't but support sorted it out, so I'm good now!.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yes I think the enemy you need to kill to get your blood back will identifiable by glowing red eyes.

It seems like the more "beastly" the foe, the more likely it is to steal your blood. No real proof, just going off of what I've seen in currently available media.

Top Bottom