• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT| Now With Newcomers Guide Attached Below OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif
Moving-picture-skull-playing-coronet-animation.gif

105.Will

Can someone explain the difference between Skill and Strength for me?

What effect does it have on your character?
They're two different types of damage modifiers. Heavy weapons (axe, hammer, ect) will require a high strength and also scale with strength. While lighter weapons like the cane will require a higher skill and scale better with skill.

todahawk

Just so we're clear, since people are struggling with this, I'm issuing a warning well ahead of time that if you act like a child in response to review scores for this game, whatever they end up being, you get to miss the game's launch on this forum. We're tired of the way people behave in review threads.

keep-our-composure-o.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
Skill is for fast weapons, like the threaded cane, and will you will become more powerful with it as skill increases. Similarly, strength is for weapons like the axe, greatsword and Kirkhammer.

Hmmm, is there a way to respec so that I can test out all weapons I find [both heavy and light ones]?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Amazon still hasn't shipped mine. You done goofed, Amazon. Going to Target or something tomorrow and returning the copy from Amazon when it inevitably arrives late. I tried to cancel it, but it was denied.

Retsudo

EU here as well :) But I'll have to wait till 5-9pm since I have some important stuff to take care of at work :(

Heh i feel your pain! My SO comes back home tomorrow after a month abroad, and then a few hours later BB will be waiting for me to pick up.
I think i won't be getting much sleep either way this week. :)

Just so we're clear, since people are struggling with this, I'm issuing a warning well ahead of time that if you act like a child in response to review scores for this game, whatever they end up being, you get to miss the game's launch on this forum. We're tired of the way people behave in review threads.

I don't envy your job today. Good luck.

Stay sane GAF.

Audioboxer

This guy. This guy knows how it is. Waking up at 6 tomorrow so I can play for an hour and a half before work. I NEED it.

I'll spend about 2 hours in character creation and obsessing over what to roll as. Need to get work out of the way before I play :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The TWENTY-SEVENTH.

The fucking TWENTY-SEVENTH. ARRRRRRRGGHHHHH.

Griss

"Leave your consoles at home," I says. "Go cold turkey for 6 months," I says. "How bad could it be?" I says.

Fuuuuu.... No PS4, and no chance of getting it until mid-july unless I buy one for $1,000, which I refuse to do. I was handling it fine until now. I'd desperately love to be there day 1 for this game. Now it shall never be...

Enjoy it guys. It looks incredible. Imma have to leave this thread forever shortly.

Is this a brief trip away or is it a permanent exile?

Finalow

guys

just use the GAF password when going for co-op.

if it works (FromSoft pls) you should be able to play with gaffers non-stop. or something

Ryuuga

Banned
Will likely be on most of tomorrow and most nights after 6 PM EST:
NA EAST

PSN: Crusocus

Hit me up fellow hunters. #Teamcane

ChuckNyce

16692065237_1e4517e3ce_z.jpg

Been playing since Saturday night. Game is effing awesome, I predict lots of 9s and 10s from reviewers, with most of the issues being small technical problems (long load times, some frame rate hitches). Servers aren't online yet so haven't tried coop, but me and a buddy have been hopping into party chats during our long play sessions and discussing strategies and routes. It's really neat to compare notes on that stuff - the levels are so big and interconnected in so many ways, that we frequently found ourselves reaching certain goals/areas but finding that we'd taken completely separate routes to get there.

<3 This new era of NeoGaf! I have never been so proud. Can this be a rule like forever?

Got my copy today in Bogotá a day early. They had it on the shelves (in Éxito in Unicentro for any Bogotanos here) so I picked it up no problem. So far it's very much Demon's Souls in all but name. Instead of souls you have blood, instead of the Nexus you have the graveyard place (can't remember the name).

Liking it a lot so far. The first boss completely mauled me, though. I had 6000 blood thingies! I like the change where you don't go through fog doors to meet bosses. Fucker surprised the hell out of me!

seabass0

Now I can't decide. I was gonna go Military Veteran as kind of a quality build, but now I think I'm gonna rock the Noble Scion as a Cane-bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom