• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

Ambient80

So ok, I'm still not understanding the co-op stuff. I didn't really play the other Souls type games so I'm new here.

So me and a buddy want to play the game through co-op. Like, all of it. Is that possible, or only on bosses?

Game looks so good tho omg

So pretty much business as usual, except now you can easily co-op with whoever you want. I can see there being a 'GAF watchword' or other online communities using them for more than just playing with one person. But I dunno, I have fun summoning random people and vice versa.

i can't wait for people to share their dungeons as well

ced

1V3o0.png

AlterOdin

Sounds like a great evolution of PVP mechanics of previous titles.

You can also toss some salads. (LOL!!, I really laughed to much at this)

So ok, I'm still not understanding the co-op stuff. I didn't really play the other Souls type games so I'm new here.

So me and a buddy want to play the game through co-op. Like, all of it. Is that possible, or only on bosses?

Game looks so good tho omg
You summon someone and they stay with you until you beat the level's boss.

You can play the whole game in coop, but you can only summon people in areas where you haven't killed bosses yet, so you can't really play through the entire game in coop since there's some backtracking involved.

Mendrox

HOLY SHIT. I CANNOT CONTAIN MY HYPE.

I took vacation in that time too... so I will stream the game for 48 hours with some giveaways! :) Please join me then: www.twitch.tv/videogamesforu

The IQ looks too nice, but hopefuly the FPS won't drop often... well if it won't it won't be a "Souls" game for consoles. :p

Ambient80

You summon someone and they stay with you until you beat the level's boss.

You can play the whole game in coop, but you can only summon people in areas where you haven't killed bosses yet, so you can't really play through the entire game in coop since there's some backtracking involved.

Ohhh, I see. Thanks for the clarification! Can't wait to dive into this.

marrec

Banned
You guys are making jokes but it's about damn time that FROM SOFT lets me tongue but hole. This mechanic is easily the most requested from the community.

The rest of the PVP/Co-OP stuff looks about what you'd expect.

Despite my hate for the Souls series I'm super looking forward to this game.

GulAtiCa

Oooh, looking forward to co-op/invasions.

Really hope the "soul memory" or however they do it in this case is improved, was a little annoying in DS2.

dugdug

Banned
Hosts can use Parting Shot to evict an invader

I hope something like this has limited uses, or a cooldown. Being forced to face an invader was one of the most tense parts of the Souls games.

Man up and fight.

Ramza

Banned
I hope something like this has limited uses, or a cooldown. Being forced to face an invader was one of the most tense parts of the Souls games.

Man up and fight.

Something tells me it will have some sort of charge-up or something. As in, it will leave you wide open or can be easily dodged or something.

ced

Man up and fight.

Or run and hope invader falls and dies, I think it's a consumable, there is a picture on the JP blog of two items.

Santar

You can only generate a dungeon online
Great, another feature that will be gone forever once Sony inevitably decide to take down the servers.
Why on earth couldn't they let us do this offline?

For those with experience on playing co op in souls games.
Will it be more difficult to play coop with people on your friends list, or easier?

Really bummed about the ps+ requirements. Ah well, hope this turns out great since it's the only thing interesting me on the PS4 for a while.

Ferr986

Are we sure about this?

In the Chalice Dungeon you may see "illusions" of other players in the same part of the dungeon (this is different from the network test alpha where you could see illusions anywhere, this point implies they will only exist in CD).

This pic is new, and shows an illusion in the city area

Top Bottom