• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

So has anyone who knows Japanese figured out what tongue but hole actually refers to? Lol

I guess a lot of you in here either didn't play DS2 or didn't read a lot of the messages :p

In DS2 you could combine hint phrases to write "tongue but hole." Somebody posted an image above of it here

Its not a mistranslation, its a joke haha

JawzPause

Is anyone else slightly disappointed by the graphics? It just doesn't look that different from Dark Souls. I mean if it was 1080/60 I wouldn't be complaining but it isn't so I'm slightly disappointed.
Don't get me wrong I'm still going to get this as soon as I can, but I guess I was expecting more of a leap from last gen.

You can click someone's Messenger notes to tongue but hole

what.gif.gif

It's going to be annoying subbing to PS+ for this one game and remembering to cancel. Can you sub a month at a time? I've never done it before.

Dsyndrome

For co-op, does it just update the progress for the host world's game like DSII? Be awesome if you could both update progress at the same time, no idea how that would work though.

GulAtiCa

I hope something like this has limited uses, or a cooldown. Being forced to face an invader was one of the most tense parts of the Souls games.

Man up and fight.
You could evict invaders in Dark Souls 2. But use it too many times and I think it would ban you from server til u used an item to reconnect.

Prob be something like that

tcrunch

"You invaded _____"

"_____ sent you home"

Say it ain't so.

Yeah I am kind of hoping it's a mistranslation or the Parting Shot is very limited (or it takes so long to use it is worthless).

Are we sure about this?

This pic is new, and shows an illusion in the city area

The translation says "in Chalice Dungeon" which suggests not anywhere else, but the translation might be weird and you are correct. I will update it.

-Players can create a "Watchword" of 8 characters that will allow them to co-op with only people who have the same Watchword. This does not work for PVP.

Does this mean we can create a NeoGAF club "watchword" and have our own community for co-op with other gaffers!

Audioboxer

It's going to be annoying subbing to PS+ for this one game and remembering to cancel. Can you sub a month at a time? I've never done it before.

Yeah, and since you've never done it before a 14 or 30 day trial should be quite easy to find (trials can only be redeemed once on an account). Even ask on here.

Despera

Banned
Playing the game solo the first time of course (except for the chalice dungeon).

But definitely will coop the 2nd time through. So here's my question: If I do some coop using the watchword, will players other than the host disappear when a boss is defeated/host is dead? Will the boss be considered defeated for all players involved or just the host?

Basically I'm asking if it's proper coop.

-MD-

Yeah but I think it's cheaper to buy a longer duration. You could probably buy a 3-month and just cancel it right away so it doesn't renew.

I know this is hardly a new thing, but 3-player co-op where the session ends with anyone dying is going to make for very few sessions that actually come to completion. Was hoping there'd be some kind of spectator mode for the dead. Wonder if the summonable NPCs for boss battles are back since those were insanely helpful.

Curious to know about the Parting Shot. You can evict invaders at any time? That's fantastic(!) but wouldn't a setting or universal item for "no invasions" be easier? No one should ever be forced to play PvP in a game that has a single-player mode. Perhaps have a setting for making your online interactions be for co-op only and not invasions? Please tell me I'm not going to have to play this while manually logged out.

Watchword seems fascinating. Basically a shortcut to get the same co-op partners I guess?
Does this mean we can create a NeoGAF club "watchword" and have our own community for co-op with other gaffers!
This is an AWESOME idea.

I am so goddamn excited at the prospect of getting to choose your coop partners. Seriously. That's s game changer.

Also, I love that "tongue but hole" thing. This series is amazing.

Aces&Eights

You can also turn off auto renew in settings. Or, do what I do and buy a prepaid card so when it expires you don't worry because your cc is not on file (it really shouldn't be, anyway)

Edit: beaten by a tongue but hole.

viveks86

I guess a lot of you in here either didn't play DS2 or didn't read a lot of the messages :p

In DS2 you could combine hint phrases to write "tongue but hole." Somebody posted an image above of it here

Its not a mistranslation, its a joke haha

Ahhh… No I haven't played any souls game. This one is gonna be my first. Thanks! :D

GulAtiCa

? I don't understand.

Sorry, auto-correct fail.

In OP says co-op will end if any co-op guest dies. I'm hoping that is not correct, as that wouldn't lead to good co-op sessions.

Just imagine if you summon 2 people. If 1 dies, it ends the co-op session sending back the other guy. In boss battles, that would be stupid.

Watchwords are such a better idea than wasting a ring slot. I'm getting sick of From putting a band-aid on a problem by making a ring for it.

In OP says co-op will end if any co-op guest dies. I'm hoping that is not correct, as that wouldn't lead to good co-op sessions.

Just imagine if you summon 2 people. If 1 dies, it ends the co-op session sending back the other guy. In boss battles, that would be stupid.

I'm assuming it was a clumsy way of saying if all of your guests die, naturally co-op ends. I agree that it wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Navid

• Players can create a "Watchword" of 8 characters that will allow them to co-op with only people who have the same Watchword. This does not work for PVP.
Great to hear, will make setting up co-op sessions with friends much easier... This was the one thing I really wanted added from the network alpha. Can't wait! :D

Primeau31

cant be correct, 1 summoned char died while i was in alpha and it didnt end the session. only if the host player dies would it end.

Zaventem

Fuck yes. Password makes a whole lot of sense and having automated bells make the world look cleaner.. though I will miss that graffiti. I fucking love fromsoft.

So close, yet so far.

At least the 15 or days give me time to finish Demon Souls.

Though, my run isn't going so well...

Brilliant

I'll take those with a grain of salt. Clearly in-engine, but they've been releasing bullshots for a while now.

Yea, those are clearly bullshots. The game's not going to go from having aliasing issues to being pristine.

Curious to know about the Parting Shot. You can evict invaders at any time? That's fantastic(!) but wouldn't a setting or universal item for "no invasions" be easier? No one should ever be forced to play PvP in a game that has a single-player mode. Perhaps have a setting for making your online interactions be for co-op only and not invasions? Please tell me I'm not going to have to play this while manually logged out.

I think Parting Shot is for the invaders/guests to return to their world. Like the Black crystal in the previous games.

So close, yet so far.

At least the 15 or days give me time to finish Demon Souls.

Though, my run isn't going so well...

Yea, those are clearly bullshots. The game's not going to go from having aliasing issues to being pristine.

You can do it!! If you want help there is always coop, I have a newer character that I can get on to help if you need it.

I think it's more akin to the way it is in DkS1 and 2. If the summoned player dies, the host continues playing alone.

I think Parting Shot is for the invaders/guests to return to their world. Like the Black crystal in the previous games.
Yeah, that mis-translation is fixed now. Thanks.

So forced into PvP again? Sigh.
So whats the point of Chalice Dungeon , anyone know? Rare loot, crafting material or is it just for grinding souls?
Adds post-game content and replay value, procedural generation of areas and bosses (supposedly) and I assume there's loot related.

Top Bottom