• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

Alebrije

LkHAX4.png

Randam

Are you waiting for reviews or for some other reason? The positive press impressions and developer precedent are good enough for me. An arbitrary number shouldn't make or break a game purchase.

impressions from gaf and co.

dark souls 2 had got impressions and review and I didn't like it.

He's a troll. He's posted something like this is the press preview thread too.

why does that make me a troll?

I just don't buy day 1 anymore.

Yeah, that makes no sense. Best way to play through a souls game is when all of the community is still discovering things.

I'm not going to wait months to buy it.
but I wanted to play it at least 2 times, before checking if I found everything.

graybot

Wow, so many of you seem to have review copies. I'm feeling like the odd one out

Do you all work for big gaming websites or are review copies also sent out to smaller sites/publications too?

Xeroblade

dark souls 2 had got impressions and review and I didn't like it..

Comparing DS2 to Bloodborne is apples and oranges man. If you loved DS1, you should enjoy this one as well. DS2 left a sour taste in our mouths but we all know the reason for that (B-team). I enjoyed DS2 but its no DS1 or DeS for that matter. Not even close.

dark souls 2 had got impressions and review and I didn't like it.

Different developers. The writing was on the wall for DSII by this time in it's release. By all accounts if you liked Demon's Souls and Dark Souls you should like this game. The hype for this game is insane on gaf, I think you already know what the impressions from the majority of gaffers will be.

Not trying to convince you to buy it Day 1, but I think the reasoning is a little weird considering we know a lot about the game already.

--R

Banned
If this was pre-nerf GAF, we'd have the |OT| ready to go by now :( I miss the hype in those threads.

This is now the OT, only with a different name.

In other news, I really hope the title for the OT is:

Bloodborne |OT| Welcome home, good hunter.

Wow, so many of you seem to have review copies. I'm feeling like the odd one out

Do you all work for big gaming websites or are review copies also sent out to smaller sites/publications too?

Review copies go out sometimes randomly and it's not a science. I do know from others that Sony doesn't even want people stating they got review copies on social media, forums, etc so if your a reviewer and posting that, careful. I don't know how big Sony is at coming at folks that go against the grain. Also no, I am not reviewing the game I just know from other information people have discussed with me in private.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I really have no idea what build I'm going to use....I'm having a hard time understanding how distinct builds will work in this game. I guess I'll just see as I go.

Do you guys all plan out your builds?

I just play the games and upgrade the stats I want to as I go...don't really put much thought into it ahead of time

I just play the games and upgrade the stats I want to as I go...don't really put much thought into it ahead of time

It would be helpful if I knew which weapon I want to use. Right now it's between the kirkhammer, scythe, and
stake driver
. When I figure it out, I'll make sure I meet the requirements and then focus on increasing the relevant scaling stats.

It would be helpful if I knew which weapon I want to use. Right now it's between the kirkhammer, scythe, and
stake driver
. When I figure it out, I'll make sure I meet the requirements and then focus on increasing the relevant scaling stats.

Oh damn, I don't look up anything like weapons or items. I just make decisions on the fly based on whatever I find. I wonder if it would be easier consulting a guide

Randam

Different developers. The writing was on the wall for DSII by this time in it's release. By all accounts if you liked Demon's Souls and Dark Souls you should like this game. The hype for this game is insane on gaf, I think you already know what the impressions from the majority of gaffers will be.

Not trying to convince you to buy it Day 1, but I think the reasoning is a little weird considering we know a lot about the game already.

I just want to be sure.
maybe I don't like the difference in gameplay.

no shield, a little bit faster and so on.

I got time.
doesn't matter if I wait 7 or 8 days.
or 9, or 10.

don't even know, if I can get my buddys PS4 next week already.
he borrowed far cry 4 and even the order took him almost 2 weeks to beat. -_-

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ijustrealizedhowclosewearetolaunch

fuckmefuckmefuckme

Oh damn, I don't look up anything like weapons or items. I just play the games and make decisions on the fly based on whatever I find. I wonder if it would be easier consulting a guide

The wikia has stat requirements and scaling info for a handful of weapons. Though I'm also getting the guide, not so much for strategies (until I complete the game, or individual areas at least) but more for gear and mechanics info.

Randam

stake driver

why is the one weapon in spoilers, but the other 2 aren't?

Oh damn, I don't look up anything like weapons or items. I just make decisions on the fly based on whatever I find. I wonder if it would be easier consulting a guide

of course it would.
but not as interesting too.

HIR0

Some dude has been going ham in the reddit mega thread with updates.

So what did i do in those 8 glorious, bloody, and really heart pounding hrs. I had absolute fun with the game, even when the game was kicking my teeth down my throat. Guys if you think that this game is going to be easy then you are gonna be in for a surprise. The fact is that its hard in its own way. Enemies are faster, come in bigger mobs, are placed so cleverly that most of the time you will be ambushed and outnumbered, and will be in a situation where its hard to run to a safe location to heal. Although healing is fast and you can find plenty of blood vials, I feel that it's just a short reprieve before the tension climbs back up to the max

Mandelbo

I'm planning on playing the game using axes only, so I'm only gonna level up strength, endurance and vitality. My one hope for the game is that it has multiple axe weapons... I can't be stuck with the Hunter's Axe for the whole game!

Top Bottom