• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBAMON: POKKEN TOURNAMENT Sees Red Numbers in Japanese Arcade

Yes. And I'm serious. Sadly, I am 100% serious.

I guess he means the twitter community, which is very uh... volatile. PokeGAF is fine (in fact we're more concerned about Build-a-Bear Pikachu). I'd actually say /vp/ but that place is troll-fest at this hour (seriously, /v/ has a better discussion about this than /vp/).

We're prone to over-reacting :p

I worded it poorly.

That's crazy. I occasionally lurk on Pokemon forums, more so when a new game approaches, but I haven't observed what I'd consider "volatile" behaviour.

Build-a-Bear Pikachu... I should check out PokeGAF more often.

"I spoke too soon, I had no idea. How did that come about, and why is it just a thing with Western players?"

Well, a lot of Western Players play predominantly on consoles (you know, death of arcades and all). In Korea and Japan, they obviously play on arcade machines with traditional arcade stick layouts (which are still digital, if your hang up is thinking that 3D fighters would be more commonly played with analog sticks). A lot of Westerners would say that the advanced movement techniques are much easier on a dpad than on an arcade stick.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Hedgey

I expected this game to be quite popular as well, but a lot of locations had matched the machine with other fighting games, on smoking floors, instead of placing them near the entrance where kids could access them. I feel like they limited their audience.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's a shame that it didn't do well in that one arcade. I will say that it took me ages to find Pokken in my arcade, because it was placed in a crap place, and there were only two cabinets. The cabinets themselves are also really small and easy to miss.

Took me and BudokaiMR2 a whole saturday to find it.

tumblr_npsmz8yvNO1te1xnqo1_500.gif

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know how is the game, but i bet that some people didn't like the gamepad instead of the traditional arcade controls(other than being more delicate and expensive probably).
I mean some people spend good money to get an arcade stick to play fighting games on console and nintendo puts a gamepad on a fighting game cabinet, nintendo should stop always trying hard to distinguish itself.

DrWong

So this thread is a "no news only feelings"?

The only good thing coming from this is the Arcade revenues chart where Pokken is top 3 which... is in complete contradiction with OP "premises".

It's a shame that it didn't do well in that one arcade. I will say that it took me ages to find Pokken in my arcade, because it was placed in a crap place, and there were only two cabinets. The cabinets themselves are also really small and easy to miss.

Took me and BudokaiMR2 a whole saturday to find it.

I had the same problem at the Sega Avion in Namba when I took some friends there, although it WAS in a better location.

It didn't seem very popular there either, but that is one of the more hardcore arcades in the area. I have a feeling it is doing plenty well In the larger more family-oriented arcades out there.

Dr. Buni

Amiibo's still doing relatively well, but that'll have to dry up soon. It's quickly becoming apparent that they no longer have any chance of stopping their decline.
I wonder. It seems like whatever random amiibo Nintendo releases, people go crazy over it.
Make a rythm Pokémon arcade game. Those arcades had big lines to play.
I want a Rhythm Pokémon game on the 3DS. Ouendan with Pokémon characters.
I think the game removed all that which is really interesting about Pokémon - actually training them to fight.
That's not what is interesting about Pokémon to me. In fact, I always found the concept of training your Pokémon friends to fight really stupid.

Boss Doggie

Well it does confirm that background pokemon mean shit since part of the bg mons is pikachu.

Nintendo is doomed

Pack it up guys

I'm still a little worried, I hope the domestic version comes with more character and save the game, I really like ir.

Boss Doggie

Say what you want but I'm glad GF didn't do the way what L5 and Bandai/Toei did with their star mon.

The closest is maybe cosplay pikachu but even then it's treated as the same mon but wearing a different costume for showing purposes. The ones that are Pikachu-derivatives are still designed as different mons and are different species altogether, no Marill doesn't count.

Meanwhile you got a bunch of Agumon and Jibanyan variants.

Well who knows, maybe it'd be a good support!
¬.¬

Let's be real, she never had any chance of getting in as a playable character, her being in at all is already a surprise.
Yeah, Mismagius never did get any love: They've always been overshadowed by Gengar's line and Pokken is no exception. I guess the writing was on the all as soon as purple Clefairy made the cut :p
I can understand the love for haunter, but Gengar always kind of baffled me. It was one of the many evolutions that I felt was a visual downgrade from the ones leading up to it. (Still not as disappointing as the dragonite line though... the final evolution really should've been a seperate creature and not tagged on the end of the pretty sea serpent line like that :s )

Ah well... the waiting game continues... ~crosses fingers for Mawile~

Say what you want but I'm glad GF didn't do the way what L5 and Bandai/Toei did with their star mon.

The closest is maybe cosplay pikachu but even then it's treated as the same mon but wearing a different costume for showing purposes. The ones that are Pikachu-derivatives are still designed as different mons and are different species altogether, no Marill doesn't count.

Meanwhile you got a bunch of Agumon and Jibanyan variants.
Pfft I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also this Yo-Kai's cute as hell I want one:
2c542a51.jpg

Top Bottom