• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

John King is a despicable man who doesn't care about getting facts right in the least. He needs to be let go at the very least since having CNN shut down completely probably isn't going to happen (even though it should).

ElFly

Wonder what the investigation methods are right now. If they are really going by photos they may be better off grabbing all the images possible from a few hours around the explosions, and going to facebook to have some facial recognition on them, then starting to work from that.

Then again maybe facial recognition is only so advanced.

Slacker

Anyone have a link to the joke version of the Internet CSI photo examining pictures? It highlights someone running saying "what's he running from" and points out North Koreans and aliens in the crowd.

With all of this mockery over people being overly suspicious of "brown" individuals, my brain gets twisted thinking that if it was an Islamic attack, wouldn't that be what the supposed terrorists would want? For us to let our guard down so they'd be less suspicious? Now, I'm not condoning harassment, racism, or bigotry so I hope I'm not coming across that way. It's just such a twisted thing to think about.

It'd be very nice if we lived in a world with peace and happy friendship, but we don't. We try, but events like this hinder that. If you're among friends and a personal belonging gets stolen, are you not going to question them even if one is/some are acting suspicious simply because you don't want to look like an ass and point fingers? I think suspicion of certain individuals shouldn't be such a highly debated topic. It needs to happen. Again, I'm not talking about immediate blame through racism. I would gladly cooperate if I were in other's shoes because that is what unites, not crying foul and bitching about my rights being raped.

Fonz72

Ekdrm2d1

With all of this mockery over people being overly suspicious of "brown" individuals, my brain gets twisted thinking that if it was an Islamic attack, wouldn't that be what the supposed terrorists would want? For us to let our guard down so they'd be less suspicious? Now, I'm not condoning harassment, racism, or bigotry so I hope I'm not coming across that way. It's just such a twisted thing to think about.

It'd be very nice if we lived in a world with peace and happy friendship, but we don't. We try, but events like this hinder that. If you're among friends and a personal belonging gets stolen, are you not going to question them even if one is/some are acting suspicious simply because you don't want to look like an ass and point fingers? I think suspicion of certain individuals shouldn't be such a highly debated topic. It needs to happen. Again, I'm not talking about immediate blame through racism. I would gladly cooperate if I were in other's shoes because that is what unites, not crying foul and bitching about my rights being raped.

Sort of hard to understand. Read that like 4 times, probably my own brain :p

I don't think that's what they would want though.

MIMIC

Banned
Wtf happened.. I can't believe so many people were lined up at the courthouse and nobody came outside and was like... Da fuq? Go home media your drunk.

5zsdcom.gif

Gvaz

Banned
If you were in that photo with a bag, do you want 4chan to call you out as a potential Boston Marathon Bomber, maimer of 150 peopl, killer of 2 adults and an 8 year old child? No, and neither does anyone in those photos. It's not just about spreading personal information. What they're doing is juvenile.

4chan doing something juvenile? Say it aint so!

ElFly

Listening to WCVB, asshole reporters are reading the fbi declaration about how "no arrests have been made in relation to the boston bombings".

So they say that they can read between the lines that maybe a single arrest has been made, but not arrests.

Amazing.

Ekdrm2d1

Listening to WCVB, asshole reporters are reading the fbi declaration about how "no arrests have been made in relation to the boston bombings".

So they say that they can read between the lines that maybe a single arrest has been made, but not arrests.

Amazing.

haha. Damn.

I'm listening/watching, but on a very low volume. Don't think I caught that

Rush Limbaugh, fucking despicable scumbag. Already throwing a fit in the theoretical possibility that if it is a Muslim, Islam won't be blamed by the media- and that makes life unfair for him. Bigoted fuck.

Sort of hard to understand. Read that like 4 times, probably my own brain :p

I don't think that's what they would want though.

Haha. What I was trying to say was we're all here mocking the racial profiling because "that's mean and unfair and so racist", but at the same time if the attackers were a particular group that matches the profile of those being questioned, they were counting on everyone being more lenient and less suspicious because that's how you go unnoticed. Meaning the more the public decries racial profiling rightfully so, the more likely an attack can occur. Terrorists win no matter what. What I'm implying is that we should all cooperate and tolerate these types of checks because you never know. Until we're at absolute peace, no one should be protected from this so whether you happen to match a specific race of interest or happen to be of the majority but look out of place, you're suspect and should cooperate to help the investigation. I say this as a person with social issues who always feels awkward in public gatherings. If something were to happen, I would no doubt be investigated. I'm ok with this.

And I'm talking about non-violent suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom