• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

I don't know, I think a track runner hanging out at a marathon for a few hours is definitely suspect

(this logic -- the amount of time they were there --was actually used on CNN, by Tom Fuentes who I normally really like)

TBH doesn't look like him to me. Hope he gets it straightened out either way. Not sure posting his FB is appropriate

Bob Ross

This is just getting ridiculous. I know people want to be "active" in this, but its going to start to really crap on peoples lives.

Yeah it's the same guy, feel bad for him if it probably turns out he had nothing to do with it, all his info everywhere now and even if completely cleared that is pretty bad.

Mully

Woah he just posted they are taking him to court. Saying he didn't do it. Unless huge hoax.

It sounds like English is not his first language. He probably meant he's telling the authorities or that he's taking the people that circled him to court.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah doubt he did anything, when I saw they had been there all day, it started making no sense. The thing is, law enforcement would have had that info, yet they went away and supposedly told news outlets about them. Knowing the time stamps of the photos I would have never gone that far unless I had info we don't have yet. Dumb.

edit: At least this will pretty much clear his name, but judging how all the news channels posted the picture, I somehow doubt they'll be happy to backtrack.

Vire

Remember how you guys said what's the harm in doing this?

Well... you just found your answer. This guy's Facebook is about to be destroyed.

NYR

So the guy in the blue is a track runner which would explain why he'd be at a marathon. Studied at Harvard. Yea, these are probably not the guys.

Harvard grad:
170px-Unabomber-sketch.png

Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Remember how you guys said what's the harm in doing this?

Well... you just found your answer. This guy's Facebook is about to be destroyed.

Except who is really guilty? Reddit, or the news crews and the law enforcement sources that told the news crews about those guys and the pictures showing them?

Cause seriously, if law enforcement did tell the news about these two as the news claim, they are equally fucking dumb and amateur.

Thank god they didn't go through with releasing the photos on national TV. There are multiple "suspects" out there on the Internet, I don't think he'll receive special attention especially when people see that Facebook comment of his. The quicker they clear him, the quicker the Feds can kill the story involving him.

railGUN

Banned
Except who is really guilty? Reddit, or the news crews and the law enforcement sources that told the news crews about those guys and the pictures showing them?

Cause seriously, if law enforcement did tell the news about these two as the news claim, they are equally fucking dumb and amateur.

It has to be either, or?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Thank god they didn't go through with releasing the photos on national TV. There are multiple "suspects" out there on the Internet, I don't think he'll receive special attention especially when people see that Facebook comment of his. The quicker they clear him, the quicker the Feds can kill the story involving him.

But they did, it was all over the news, supposedly info from their "law enforcement sources". Who is at fault here?

Imagine if they had made their press release and mentioned what they mentioned behind close doors.

It has to be either, or?

Certainly if the law enforcement are pointing those guys out to news people, and the news are pointing them out, then the law enforcement was as amateurish as reddit. What does that tell you?

nib95

Banned
The other guy works at JP Morgan Chase, I'm calling it wasn't him either.

[Facebook photos removed]

Just two friends who happen to be well in to sports imo. Both highly educated and actually pretty Westernised. The younger kid has a million likes on his FB, one even includes Glenn Beck lol.

blackflag

Well Internet is gonna Internet. People can speculate. It's LE that fucked up if they got the wrong people and I think they might have

rar

the possibility that the internet discovered the identity of a person of interest in such a large investigation before the fbi is kind of scary

i hope its not true

Vire

The other guy works at JP Morgan Chase, I'm calling it wasn't him either.

Just two friends who happen to be well in to sports imo. Both highly educated and actually pretty Westernised. The younger kid has a million likes on his FB, one even includes Glenn Beck lol.

You don' fucked up now Internet.

sangreal

This is why people shouldnt speculate on the internet.

Who said the police are looking into these guys because of the internet (other than me)? We're discussing them tonight because the media is widely reporting the police is looking for them, not because they're random people in a picture

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would remove the pictures of him from this thread. I did reverse image search and came across his facebook really easily.

Ya know, it really looks like the media went nuts over the reddit/4chan spec threads and didn't actually read them. Reddit pretty much cleared these guys yesterday, because the guy in blue is wearing shoes that only serious, intense runners wear, that you can't buy in any shoe store, so he's you know, obviously a freakin' running enthusiast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom