• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they haven't been stopped for questioning today, or flat out in custody and they are just waiting to tell us, then I'd be willing to bet that they are long gone and out of the country by this point. Surely they had planned to get out ASAP. This is all going on them being from another country and not citizens of the US however. Even if they are US citizens they are likely gone as well. I really don't think they would plan to stick around unless they thought they would get away with it and had other things planned.

If Bin Laden can be found after 10 years, these men will eventually be caught and brought to justice. They will need to live in hiding for the rest of their lives.

SummitAve

Banned
Yes! Fox News and CNN have both stated they have the photos but won't release til they get the go ahead...Fox News described the photos...they are the same ones we have been seeing...

The same outlets that have been consistently misreporting throughout the entire event?

I just hope it is those two guys who did this because if it's not then those two innocent dudes are going to have a world of headaches for the next few days as more and more people recognize them from the circulated photos and everything goes to hell

I don't think anyone is saying they did it...they are saying that there is reason for them to be persons of interest...

This is what happens with Internet Justice. We can't wait a few days and let FBI finish

gDnhsfR.png

smh People are fucking imbeciles.

Downhome

If Bin Laden can be found after 10 years, these men will eventually be caught and brought to justice. They will need to live in hiding for the rest of their lives.

Oh I agree with that 100%, they will absolutely eventually be brought to justice. I'm just saying that if they aren't in custody right now, then they likely took off soon after it all went down to get out while they could. It'll just take longer to get them, that's all.

here's the shot uncropped:
at1Qfq4.png

This photo did not originate from the Internet. It was shown by a local TV station claiming that the photo was being distributed by the FBI to authorities. On top of that, CBS earlier described the guy in the white hat. Anyway, there isn't anything else to say on the matter about the photos. We're just waiting for them to be caught now, regardless of whether or not they turn out to be the same men in the photos.

CBS were actually the first ones to give a detailed description (that matches the photos) of one of the suspects. CNN only reported that one of them was dark skinned.

CNN broke the Lord & Taylor video story before they got bad info on the arrest later (along with quite a few major news outlets, mind you—CNN just happened to take the brunt as they had an awful newscast going that we all tuned in for). They deserve shit, but pretty much everyone screws up breaking news including the police and govt. officials (go back and watch 9/11 stuff now).

We should be skeptical of all media reports, but there's no reason to ignore it when they all attempt to describe a suspect photo that they don't seem to be able to publish yet.

NateDrake

Interesting:

Looks like a bag on the ground.

edit: Personally I'm doubting more and more that the two guys are involved, they spent way too much time there, especially considering all the security.

Dogs were around with security and these guys are spotted being there for hours. If they had anything on them it would have been sniffed out by the dogs. That and his backpack seems high for something said to be carrying a lot of weight -- didn't they say it would have been something like 30lbs? I'd expect more of a droop at that weight.

Skytylz

Banned
I have a feeling this whole internet detective thing could end up ruining some innocent people's lives. This just showed up on my Facebook feed and it really made me face palm:

909052_10200884333888398_1294261675_n.jpg

rar

This photo did not originate from the Internet. It was shown by a local TV station claiming that the photo was being distributed by the FBI to authorities. On top of that, CBS earlier described the guy in the white hat. Anyway, there isn't anything else to say on the matter about the photos. We're just waiting for them to be caught now, regardless of whether or not they turn out to be the same men in the photos.

i already said it's from that video...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Dogs were around with security and these guys are spotted being there for hours. If they had anything on them it would have been sniffed out by the dogs. That and his backpack seems high for something said to be carrying a lot of weight -- didn't they say it would have been something like 30lbs? I'd expect more of a droop at that weight.

There is a picture of him holding it very casually with on hand on his strap (as if the bag is handing lose from one side), very casual composure.

So yeah I'm starting to think they are not related at all.

sangreal

The pictures people are posting only partly match the description here. Let's cool down the detectivery.

That's not what we're talking about. That's about surveilence video at second bomb site, we're talking about pictures the police have distributed from the first bomb site. I don't know why you guys are discounting the local news which showed the pictures and straight up said they got from the police (including never seen before pictures). I'd have to go and get the footage from CNN and FOX evening broadcasts to convince you, but its not really worth it. If you don't want us to discuss the photos, fine

I have a feeling this whole internet detective thing could end up ruining some innocent people's lives. This just showed up on my Facebook feed and it really made me face palm:

Yeah this thread has reached new levels of depravity. I'm out, hope there's some real information soon so that this stupidity ends before someone gets hurt by it.

Meh. It could also solve the crime. I think people know this is all speculation and just following all possible leads. If my picture showed up and there was some decent probable cause that made me look suspicious, I wouldn't mind if the FBI paid me a visit and checked me out.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
CNN reporting right now about the same two guys. "One had a back pack, the other a duffel bag" and mentioned the bulge on the back.

edit: Mentioned the white cap too.

Bah, pretty much means the FBI is as far into this as 4chan...

Knowing that those two guys were there for hours, I really feel this is a dead end.

Skeyser

Meh. It could also solve the crime. I think people know this is all speculation and just following all possible leads. If my picture showed up and there was some decent probable cause that made me look suspicious, I wouldn't mind if the FBI paid me a visit and checked me out.

Yeah that's how I see it too, I don't think these people are going to get lynched by a mob just because of these pictures. Worse is they'll get a visit from the cops and have a chance to clear things up.

Two men. One carrying bag, the other a duffel bag, who were at the finish line for several hours. There are many photos of these two together, they say. There appeared to be something inside the backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom