• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

LMN

Is it just me or did something happen to motion sensor aim? after the patch, the motion sensor feel really unresponsive and only move a little..

Yes, I noticed the same thing. And that's the only thing I have noticed so far in any of their updates besides the control changes. The worst area by far has to be the Hyperion preserve. I have not been able to play through that area without the game crashing on me at some point and then having to jog back miles and miles through enemy fire to get back to the point where I was. Even worse is that sometimes the game crashed inside the game menu while switching out the weapons. Unacceptable.

Don't get me wrong. I love BL2 and I'm glad they made it for the vita. But I feel a little more polish to improve performance would have worked wonders to this title and by now (third or forth update) those above mentioned issues should have been eliminated.

Don't quote me but I feel that patch is smoothed the fps or something. It feels smoother any ways.

If they did, then that's SUPER commendable of the devs to keep trying to improve the game.
Obviously the DLC would be nice, but I don't think they (Iron Galaxy) get to make that call :/

I think before worrying about DLC it'd be more important to eliminate those frequent crashes. Hopefully the frame rate can be improved further to be at least 25+ fps. Every once in a while when there's no enemy around in a low geometry area, like before fighting the warrior, the frame rate shoots up and you realize: 'Oh, that's what it should be like'.

MattyG

Banned
Yuo, the patch definitely helped. I only played like 10 minutes, but pre pathe I would have had inconsistent frames the whole time and major drops maybe 10-15 times. Now it feels smooth and I only had some minor drops about 3-5 times, mostly when enemies exploded.

Yea, I think I can actually see some improvements. The app hasn't crashed quite as often in the menus (that was absolutely horrible before, I would dread opening the menu close to the end of the mission cause I might have to so the whole thing again if it ended up crashing). And sanctuary doesn't seem quite as bad anymore. Unless somehow my brain got used to the low fps.

Haxxona

Banned
I need some advice on this, is the game free from constant crashes or is it still just as Buggy? I was thinking of picking it up soon to bring with me on my trip next month(8 hour flight)
Last time I asked a friend for advice he said absolutely not in the state it was in.

maouvin

I need some advice on this, is the game free from constant crashes or is it still just as Buggy? I was thinking of picking it up soon to bring with me on my trip next month(8 hour flight)
Last time I asked a friend for advice he said absolutely not in the state it was in.

I played it for 30 hours since launch and had only 3 crashes ever.

But from what I've heard, most crashes seem to happen when browsing the inventory, so try to navigate through not so quickly - don't mash X to buy ammo, don't hold Down to reach the bottom of your item list, etc.
Also, wait for the textures to pop-in when entering a new area.

omg_mjd

I'm more than halfway through the game (level 19) and not a single crash or glitch so far. But I did purchase the game somewhat recently so when I started playing all the major patches were already installed.

Haxxona

Banned
Alright seems like it is pretty good then, those dogital foundry videos weren't really encouraging to say the leastbut that was at release - 6 updatea ago.
I just hope the framerate doesnt drop under 20 frequently because 20 is absolutely minimum on what is allowed before my eyes hurt as hell.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Vashetti

Banned
Should be a patch out within the next week or so for this to enable cross-save for BL2 on PS4.

Wonder if they'll sneak in any more performance improvements?

Vashetti

Banned
Are we getting a patch? Did the devs confirm it? Iron Galaxy and all.

There will 100% be a patch. There was a thread earlier where it's explained how cross-save will work with the Handsome Collection on PS4/XB1.

In terms of the PS systems, you'll be able to cross-save any way between PS3, PS4 and Vita (for Borderlands 2).

This will require patches for the PS3 and Vita versions to enable PS4 cross-saving.

There will 100% be a patch. There was a thread earlier where it's explained how cross-save will work with the Handsome Collection on PS4/XB1.

In terms of the PS systems, you'll be able to cross-save any way between PS3, PS4 and Vita (for Borderlands 2).

This will require patches for the PS3 and Vita versions to enable PS4 cross-saving.

Well awesome, I missed the thread about xsaving but yeah here's hoping they include some performance fixes in the patch.

Any way to get video?

Sorry not capable for me.

It's not INSANELY smoother but its a little less juttering and stuff. Textures do seem to load a smidge faster (from using the respec machine and seeing how fast the different costumes loaded) but its not game changing.

JDdelphin

Borderlands 2 vita is my only PS Borderlands till I upgrade to a PS4 and rock the Handsome Edition.

I'm looking to level up so anyone can feel free to add me: "JDdelphin"
I got nothing of note as far as loot atm but I guess I need to start building a PS Borderlands crew

Borderlands 2 vita is my only PS Borderlands till I upgrade to a PS4 and rock the Handsome Edition.

I'm looking to level up so anyone can feel free to add me: "JDdelphin"
I got nothing of note as far as loot atm but I guess I need to start building a PS Borderlands crew

which level are you? I'm currently trying to get the last trophy now (the "Challenge Accepted" one), I need some co-op-ing to get it. I'm at level 35, playing the Pirate Booty's DLC

Also, it does work a little better now, specially with Flight Mode on

JDdelphin

which level are you? I'm currently trying to get the last trophy now (the "Challenge Accepted" one), I need some co-op-ing to get it. I'm at level 35, playing the Pirate Booty's DLC

Also, it does work a little better now, specially with Flight Mode on

I'm at a fairly pathetic level 8 or 9 haha

On Xbox360 I have a level 58,50,a few in the 40s and everyone else in the high 30s...
Nothing so great on PS. I have a lot of grinding to do :/

Felensis

Banned
I'm interested in this for some nice PS Vita coop action, but since all the negativity surrounding it in terms of severe performance issues, frame drops, freezes and crashes: please can anyone tell me if this thing now is actually playable from start to end with solid fps and no more freezes/crashes?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'm interested in this for some nice PS Vita coop action, but since all the negativity surrounding it in terms of severe performance issues, frame drops, freezes and crashes: please can anyone tell me if this thing now is actually playable from start to end with solid fps and no more freezes/crashes?

I had framerate issues here and trust me you will definitely have fps issues, but after multiple patches it's not all that bad especially after the first big boss. Honestly I never really had a crash. I also haven't downloaded the dlc expansions outside of Gaige and Kreig so maybe that has something to do with it and the other 100kb unlocks. Basically at the end of the game but haven't finished yet do to having to make space for a couple of other games I wanted you play.

You experience may vary. My biggest issue with the port was the hit delay more than the framerate but I managed to get over that. Got my money out of it besides that and you can probably still find a BL2 vita code for cheap in the B/S/T thread

The port does not run silk smooth, but after all the patches, it is playable, totally. And if you use Flight Mode, it improoves a little bit the performance.

I got this for a great price on the BST thread, but game freezes all the time. currently at level 21 and it's crashed close to a dozen times. It even crashed once right after i defeated a major story boss and i had to go and redo it. i love that i can play this on the go, but the constant freezing gets very irritating.

I got this for a great price on the BST thread, but game freezes all the time. currently at level 21 and it's crashed close to a dozen times. It even crashed once right after i defeated a major story boss and i had to go and redo it. i love that i can play this on the go, but the constant freezing gets very irritating.

Best advice. Make sure you're updated fully.
Turn on airplane mode.
Enjoy.

kng3025

Just a heads up, update 1.08 is available to download. Haven't tried it out myself but here are the patch notes;

* Fixed various bugs.
* Improved overall playability.
* Added option for additional vehicle control method.
* Added sort by value option for inventory.
* Added user's support ID in ShiFT menu.
* Increased drop rate of legendary items across the game.
* Update PlayStation Vita SDK to 3.500.
* Enabled +77 MB expanded memory mode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3qrcec/borderlands_2_patch_108_is_now_live_74_mb/

swnny

Thats impressive, they continue to support it year after the release.
Hope the patch does improve the performance. Will test it later today.

eFKac

Seems like the patch adressed the expanded RAM pool. Performance should be improved.

Anyway huge props to Gio Corsi and his team for the post launch support of their games.

DrFurbs

There is defs performance improvements in the game if any one is interested. Could be better but lag isn't really an issue for me now.

Top Bottom