• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of some Season 2 episodes, there's a bear floating on Walt's pool. There was also a part where the police has some evidence in plastic bags and you see Walt's glasses.

What's up with that?

Please don't spoil if they explain these things past episode 5 season 2.

Run.

At the beginning of some Season 2 episodes, there's a bear floating on Walt's pool. There was also a part where the police has some evidence in plastic bags and you see Walt's glasses.

What's up with that?

Please don't spoil if they explain these things past episode 5 season 2.

I never understood people like this. It's like me watching half of Sixth Sense and then going on the internet and discussing it. -_-
Finish the series people otherwise you'll get spoiled.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I never understood people like this. It's like me watching half of Sixth Sense and then going on the internet and discussing it. -_-
Finish the series people otherwise you'll get spoiled.

I was just wondering if those parts were from the actual episodes and I somehow missed them.

But yeah, I'm bailing out until I finish all the episodes available on Netflix.

I like it when they're working together, too, but I'm just conflicted because of the undercurrent of what Walt has done behind his back. The show does a great job of building up Walt as someone to root for and then continuing to chip away at our image of him over the course of the series.

It will be up in a week.
A mark of a good show. I root for Walt just as I rooted for Tony Soprano and just as I root for Don Draper.

If he died I wouldn't shed a tear, but while he's alive and kicking I want him to kick ass and take names, preferably with Jesse. I guess it makes it easier to root for them when their enemies are worse, like the cartel and whatnot. At the same time though, I totally root for Hank lol. So yeah it's all conflicted but that's a good thing.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
"Yo, yo, yo, one, four, eight, three, to the three, to the six, to the nine, representing the ABQ, what up biaaaaaatch"

Will never get old.

Troll

Banned
cdd3592636ca07b07934ca94f02b1c8b_fullsize.png

fdb0489d96e646265bf46d125b6d4d37_fullsize.png

My fave

371a8c0c97bf1de72049208a54600d55_fullsize.png

967919ef9398e2d3f73d985f1759a543_fullsize.png

13aec49f4b013fb02ad6b50940a707e5_fullsize.png

Kabuto

Phew! The Breaking Bad facebook page just confirmed that AT&T is keeping AMC! I would have been pissed if we lost it two weeks before the premiere.

Hoplatee

Does Breaking Bad air anywhere outside the US?

Season 1 and 2 aired on Holland at the start of this year. No one bothered to watch it though cause of the silly time. Aired at 23:15 or something.

But S4 and S5 will take a long time :p

edit : Season 3 aired here already as well.

Amir0x

Banned
that clip from the first episode of the final season just makes the wait harder. It shows nothing and yet I really just know Walt is going to go into that room and talk to Skyler, and shit is gonna hit the fan

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Phew! The Breaking Bad facebook page just confirmed that AT&T is keeping AMC! I would have been pissed if we lost it two weeks before the premiere.

Lucky ass-self.

I was holding out hope that this was going to happen with Dish. No luck though. :/

Amir0x

Banned
Not only is my provider keeping AMC, but they added HD AMC right before this last season of Mad Men came out, so it's like... super awesome.

DISH is a bag of dicks.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So I just finished watching this last night, and I was left with one question:

Why did I feel more sympathetic of Gus than Walt? That really bothers me. After all, the show is about Walt, not Gus.

I mean, they include a scene from his past that is probably the most sad scene in the season for me. I realize they do that to show Gus's motive for torturing Hector, but it was more effective in my opinion, to make people actually feel bad for him.

Sean

Banned
FX explains why they rejected Breaking Bad:

In an interview with Kim Masters on KCRW’s The Business, FX president John Landgraf explained why he turned down the show, which would later become a critical and commercial hit for AMC.

“We had three dramas with male antiheroes and we looked at that script and said, ‘Okay, so here’s a fourth male antihero,’” Landgraf recalled. “The question was: ‘Are we defining FX as the male antihero network and is that a big enough tent?’”

Added Landgraf: “Look, it was a wonderful script. If I had known Vince Gilligan was going to be one of the best showrunners in television, and Breaking Bad was going to be literally one of the very best shows in television, I would have picked it up despite the concept. But the truth of the matter is anybody who does what I do for a living, who’s honest, will tell you that you’re making decisions based on too little information all the time, and you make good ones and you make bad ones.”

So I just finished watching this last night, and I was left with one question:

Why did I feel more sympathetic of Gus than Walt? That really bothers me. After all, the show is about Walt, not Gus.

I mean, they include a scene from his past that is probably the most sad scene in the season for me. I realize they do that to show Gus's motive for torturing Hector, but it was more effective in my opinion, to make people actually feel bad for him.

I think that's the point, you're not meant to feel sorry for Walt.
He's the main character, but he's slowly turning into the villain of the show, and I think they'll go down that route in season 5.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
He's the main character, but he's slowly turning into the villain of the show, and I think they'll go down that route in season 5.

I am just confused about what he believed was Gus's motive to kill him and his family. It was Walt's fault that the DEA was even investigating Gus, because he could not keep his stupid mouth shut at the dinner table. What did he think would happen? Hank was the only person interested in investigating Gus, so of course he would end up dead. Its how they operate.

I also don't get what he thought was going to happen to him when he began working for Gus. Gus was aware that Walt was dying, so of course he would seek to replace him. He can't just stop producing the blue meth because his employee dies.

Finally caught up on this show last night. Man oh man... I can't believe the performance Bryan Cranston churns out on BB after watching him for about a decade as Hal on Malcom in the Middle. Aaron Paul is brilliant too, as is Giancarlo Esposito. It just hooked me from the first ep on, cant' believe I sat on this series for so long. I literally just watched it out of boredom one day while idling on Netflix. Can't wait to see where they go with S5 after the crazy twist at the end of S4 with the closing shot of
Lilly of the Valley

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Can't wait to see where they go with S5 after the crazy twist at the end of S4 with the closing shot of
Lilly of the Valley

The man is becoming a twisted egotist lol.

I agree with edible's prediction:

I think you can still feel bad for Walt. It's sad to see an innocent man fall down this endless rabbit hole of darkness. Not sympathize with him or justify his actions, but for the overall descent of his character as a human being. It's a sad thing.

The man is becoming a twisted egotist lol.

I agree with edible's prediction:

The confrontation between Walt and Jesse at the end of Ep 13 was the high point of S4 for me, so that closing shot at the end of Ep 14 confirming that
Walt was playing Jesse the whole time
legit blew my mind. I still like Walt for what it's worth, but there's no arguing that he's practically had to become as debased as Gus to beat him at his own game.

Fry

Gus was always a downright mean person. How many times did we see him threatening to kill either Jesse or Walt? Then it came to the point he'd kill his entire family.

Walt isn't in the same league as him. I still believe that he does what he does solely to provide for his family.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I am just confused about what he believed was Gus's motive to kill him and his family. It was Walt's fault that the DEA was even investigating Gus, because he could not keep his stupid mouth shut at the dinner table. What did he think would happen? Hank was the only person interested in investigating Gus, so of course he would end up dead. Its how they operate.

I also don't get what he thought was going to happen to him when he began working for Gus. Gus was aware that Walt was dying, so of course he would seek to replace him. He can't just stop producing the blue meth because his employee dies.

I think you forgot a lot of the plot.

Gus wanted Walt dead before Hank became a big threat or the cancer issues would take Walt away. Walt was actually in remission before he met Gus.

Walt's plan was to tip the DEA off with Gus's plan to kill Hank, and to go into hiding, but Skyler already gave their money to Ted.

Walt realized very early in the first season he was messing around with people who could kill him or his family, get caught, long before getting involved with Gus.

The cancer pushed Walt into risk reward, and he became a man that isn't afraid to tango with men like Gus or kill them if they threaten him.

You say "it's how they, Gus, operate".

It's how Walt operates as well.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Gus was always a downright mean person. How many times did we see him threatening to kill either Jesse or Walt? Then it came to the point he'd kill his entire family.

Only if he interferes with their plans for Hank and the DEA, which is 100% Walt's fault.

Only if he interferes with their plans for Hank and the DEA, which is 100% Walt's fault.
lol lets face it, Gus was gonna kill everyone anyway. He is a coldhearted ruthless business man. He wouldn't leave any single trace once he was finished with Walt. That was for sure.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
lol lets face it, Gus was gonna kill everyone anyway. He is a coldhearted ruthless business man. He wouldn't leave any single trace once he was finished with Walt. That was for sure.

I don't think he would kill Jesse. He would be the only one left capable of creating blue meth, and after the last part of season 3, obviously would not come even close to teaching others how to do it. (Though I am not sure why they were allowing Mexican chemists to take notes, that was really stupid).

I think Gus was more fond of Jesse than Walt towards the end. Its understandable too.

Fry

ibrOhQxASBSj7q.jpg

:lol fucking love it.

True, but it's as Pyro said... remember season 3. If Walt didn't order Jesse to kill Gale, he'd have died. They were always in danger while working for Gus. Guy was always a legitimate threat.

But Gus never manipulated Jesse like Walt did, in a way that emotionally cripples him
by harming the child.

In a way, I think Walt is becoming more crooked than Gus.

No that's what i was getting at lol. I was saying that Walt had to become every bit as crooked as Gus to beat him at his own game.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
True, but it's as Pyro said... remember season 3. If Walt didn't order Jesse to kill Gale, he'd have died. They were always in danger while working for Gus.

Walt should not have agreed to be working with someone capable of replicating his formula in the first place. I realize we have to sacrifice realism for the plot's sake, but his actions are incredibly confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom