• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he would kill Jesse. He would be the only one left capable of creating blue meth, and after the last part of season 3, obviously would not come even close to teaching others how to do it. (Though I am not sure why they were allowing Mexican chemists to take notes, that was really stupid).

I think Gus was more fond of Jesse than Walt towards the end. Its understandable too.
No matter what though, Jesse will always be looked at as unstable. Jesse could HATE Walt but as soon as he caught wind of Gus murdering him he would FLIP and never trust Gus, leading to Gus killing him too. After of course spying and stealing the recipe. Also jesse alone can't cook it, Gus won't even accept that. And he didn't.

ezekial45

Banned
ibrOhQxASBSj7q.jpg

:lol fucking love it.

I will always love this. Too bad the tumblr site was shut down.

cereal_killerxx

Walt should not have agreed to be working with someone capable of replicating his formula in the first place. I realize we have to sacrifice realism for the plot's sake, but his actions are incredibly confusing.
I disagree. The fact that he made a mistake in letting someone else know his formula makes it more real. Walt is supposed to be a real, flawed person. His decisions are based more on emotions than logic. That's one of the things that makes the show so interesting to watch.

ezekial45

Banned
That second pic is awesome. I wish there was a bigger version.

Anyway, you probably find some in this thread. If you're willing to search.

Not sure if I should spoiler tag this or not, since I'm pretty sure the promo pics have been posted in this thread before.
Anyone else find it a little bit weird that
Jesse is drinking beer
in some of the promo pics?

I'm sure it was brought up before that he wasn't taking any drugs in case it led him back to meth, excluding nicotine obviously. I remember when he went to have a beer with Walt that he was drinking coke.
And I'm sure Gus said that when he didn't drink in Salud, although that was mainly just an excuse so he didn't get poisoned.

Not sure if I should spoiler tag this or not, since I'm pretty sure the promo pics have been posted in this thread before.
Anyone else find it a little bit weird that
Jesse is drinking beer
in some of the promo pics?

I'm sure it was brought up before that he wasn't taking any drugs in case it led him back to meth, excluding nicotine obviously. I remember when he went to have a beer with Walt that he was drinking coke.
And I'm sure Gus said that when he didn't drink in Salud, although that was mainly just an excuse so he didn't get poisoned.

He's gone off and on so much, addiction-wise, though.

"Four days, big whoop."
"Hey, four days is four days."*

*The best scene ever

Sadsic

I expect the opening to be either

Some grim executives from Madrigal learn news of Gus' death and send some employees to I'll Be Quirky to find out how to deal with this mess

or

Hank sees Walter/Jesse/Two figures in the yellow hazard suits on the video feed in Gus' office and looks shocked

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't think it's been posted in here yet, but S4 will be available on Netflix starting on July 15th. Credit to RBH in the Netflix thread.

Probably slaps himself silly whenever he thinks about it. You can never have too much of a good thing. Look at Fox, they are the Macfarlane/Gordon Ramsay network and they don't even care lol.

big ander

Yeah, Landgraf's a smart guy. And his reasons make sense.

I'm just worried he's, for lack of a better phrase, selling out. Multi-cam sitcom reruns out the ass, a show from Charlie Sheen that we'll have to put up with for at least 5 seasons, and a silly Russell Brand talk show cashing in on...something? I'm worried that after Louie and Justified and Wilfred are gone, the net will drop. Hopefully I'm wrong.

BigAT

Does anyone find it odd Walt had some off hand coughing sessions in season 4?

I believe it was Sepinwall that said something about their never being an unintentional cough in television, so it could easily be pointing to Walt's cancer getting worse. Mike was not immune to a case of the coughs as well.

Persona7

Banned
I watched a few episodes I recorded from AMC a few days ago and I counted 16 ads for erectile dysfunction pills and devices during a single episode.

Gorillaz

Finally saw the newer trailer/90 min ad of season 5.....walt jr. actually has some lines lol

Also hope Jessie rocks those jackets he wore in season 4. Shit was fresh as hell.

My mom saw the very first episode of Breaking Bad recently, and one of her remarks afterward is that she really doesn't like Skyler, LOL.

It really is a universal thing.

If I have one desire for season 5 besides all the stuff already mentioned in this thread, I'd like to see some more of Walt using his chemistry knowledge to get out of crazy situations, like the fulminate of mercury, mustard gas, car battery stuff. I totally geek out at those MacGuyver-esque moments, though it'll probably be a little harder to work into S5 since it'll be Walt himself bringing down the hammer most of the time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't really want to see a whole lot of new footage, so that Inside Breaking Bad video with the interview segments was enough for me. I've managed to keep my hype in check for the most part, but I'm finally realizing now that in a week my life will have meaning again (for two months). Awesome.

I like her. I really don't get the hate for her. Most people find it ridiculous that she was mad at Walt for lying constantly, then got even more mad when she found out he manufactured one of the worst drugs in the world.
She's clearly evil.
there's just something about her that seems to rub people the wrong way. My mom had no influence from gaf or anything of course, and even she picked up on it. There's just SOMETHING.

Also she fucked Ted.

there's just something about her that seems to rub people the wrong way. My mom had no influence from gaf or anything of course, and even she picked up on it. There's just SOMETHING.

Also she fucked Ted.

Yeah I get that, it seems people hate her everywhere. I've just never understood why.
She had broken up with Walt when she fucked Ted, she could've fucked Jesse for all I cared. Just because Walt refused to sign the divorce papers, it doesn't mean they were still together.

maharg

idspispopd
Yeah I get that, it seems people hate her everywhere. I've just never understood why.
She had broken up with Walt when she fucked Ted, she could've fucked Jesse for all I cared. Just because Walt refused to sign the divorce papers, it doesn't mean they were still together.

Fans are just as much in denial as Walt was about this. Frankly they absorbed his doubt into their own psyche as part of the "Walt's just trying to help his family" trick the writers have played on them.

Sometimes I wonder if the same people also rooted for him literally breaking into the house, having a shower, and acting as if he belonged there like he was having a psychotic episode. Because that was disturbing as hell.

Jzero

Fans are just as much in denial as Walt was about this. Frankly they absorbed his doubt into their own psyche as part of the "Walt's just trying to help his family" trick the writers have played on them.

Sometimes I wonder if the same people also rooted for him literally breaking into the house, having a shower, and acting as if he belonged there like he was having a psychotic episode. Because that was disturbing as hell.
I have been brainwashed :O

Exactly. I don't understand how someone can be fine with what Walt has done but hate Skylar. Skylar acted like anyone else would've in the situation she was in.
There are plenty of people who still believe Walt is 'good' though.

It has nothing to do with Walt for me. She just isn't all that likeable. I like Marie, I liked Jane, I like lots of female characters on lots of shows. I loved Carmela on the Sopranos.

The way Skyler speaks/acts/etc... sometimes is just very annoying. Her tone of voice is this nagging/overbearing/bitchy/coy/passive aggressiveness to it and it's just blah! Also fucking a super mega douchebag like Ted doesn't help your case.

Also I am one of those people that will always (barring anything absolutely batshit crazy) root for Walt but I don't justify everything he does. I just don't give a shit, lol. Yeah the house shower thing is dumb, I'd use the word creepy to describe it. But none the less, I enjoy him trying to take life by the balls after almost having it snatched away from him, and I hope to continue seeing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom