• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellasman

I think someone posted a link to high-res wallpapers within the last day. Anybody know where that is? I couldn't find it just scrolling through the posts.

sappyday

What are the chances that the finale will be Walt killing the nazis in the first ten minutes, cooking up a new batch as his final hoorah, and Jesse and him reconcile and Walt takes the ricin waits in a lonely spot and dies and Jesse goes and adopt Brock.

Why would Walt be going back after the Nazis? He had agreed in the "kill Jesse" deal that he would do one last cook, so he was OK with them trying to continue to produce his product. It could be to avenge Hank's death, but to what end? He will never get his family back over it.

In some way, I think he is going to end up saving Jesse, taking the Ricin and telling Jesse to take the money.

Vire

What are the chances that the finale will be Walt killing the nazis in the first ten minutes, cooking up a new batch as his final hoorah, and Jesse and him reconcile and Walt takes the ricin waits in a lonely spot and dies and Jesse goes and adopt Brock.

Zero.

Jessie and Walt will never reconcile. Ever.

Why would Walt be going back after the Nazis? He had agreed in the "kill Jesse" deal that he would do one last cook, so he was OK with them trying to continue to produce his product. It could be to avenge Hank's death, but to what end? He will never get his family back over it.

In some way, I think he is going to end up saving Jesse, taking the Ricin and telling Jesse to take the money.

Killing the Nazi's would help protect his family. He knows they aren't safe until they are gone.

sappyday

Zero.

Jessie and Walt will never reconcile. Ever.

Killing the Nazi's would help protect his family. He knows they aren't safe until they are gone.

I don't know. I felt as though Walt now realizes all of this is on him and Jesse was just a product of the mess he created. Also if Jesse tells him that Andrea dies and that he only wishes to take care of Brock I could see Walt letting him go. I don't know, maybe it's just me wanting them to just say goodbye to one another after all of this over, having Walt kill Jesse will be very depressing.

Yeah, it was weird - those first shots of Walt seeing his cabin in New Hampshire, for whatever reason, put me in mind of Red Dead Redemption. Tonally, visually - it seemed like the slower pace of the last half of the game, up there in the wintry north, desolate as hell.

Just a weird feeling that I set aside.

And then the episode ends and Jose Gonzales starts singing. :)

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, it was weird - those first shots of Walt seeing his cabin in New Hampshire, for whatever reason, put me in mind of Red Dead Redemption. Tonally, visually - it seemed like the slower pace of the last half of the game, up there in the wintry north, desolate as hell.

Just a weird feeling that I set aside.

And then the episode ends and Jose Gonzales starts singing. :)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had RDR pop into mind.

Vire

I don't know. I felt as though Walt now realizes all of this is on him and Jesse was just a product of the mess he created. Also if Jesse tells him that Andrea dies and that he only wishes to take care of Brock I could see Walt letting him go. I don't know, maybe it's just me wanting them to just say goodbye to one another after all of this over, having Walt kill Jesse will be very depressing.

It's not a matter of Walt asking for forgiveness, that is certainly possible, Jesse just won't listen to him regardless of what he says. He will be inconsolable.

I dunno if you forgot, but the last time they saw each other, Walt sent him to be killed and told him that he watched Jane die.

In the beginning of Granite State Walt is telling Saul to help him find five hitmen to kill Jack and his men.

As for Walt wanting to kill the Nazis, yeah it would be revenge for Hank, he even says that's why he wants to hire the hitmen and also them taking his money. Of course he's not going to get his family back, but in Walt's mind the Nazis deserve to die because they ruined his life, and he wants to prove that he's in control and that no one gets away with stealing from him.

Plus I would also say that in Walt's twisted mind, the Nazis (along with Jesse) are entirely to blame for Walt losing his family, since they didn't listen to him.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah exactly. I could seriously just rewind to the part where Gretchen starts talking about how Walter is gone over and over and over just for that part where the music kicks in.

Also the payoff in that movie was so damn good lol

Here's the full theme if you want to listen to it without the tv and stuff.

Like others, I've been listening to it all day. Really helps me with the stress I had to deal with today.

Veelk

Banned

That is not a reconciliation. Jesse was pushed to the edge when he figured out he killed mike. He was pushed over it when he found out about Brock. What the hell makes it seem like a remote possibility that Jesse wants anything to do with Walt after finding about Jane, being tortured over 3 months, and having his former girlfriend killed?

maharg

idspispopd

You do realize that right at the beginning of the episode he said he planned to hire hit men to kill Jack and his crew, right? He clearly wasn't hunky dory with the way things were left in the desert.

The only reason it's in question at this point is because he went back because of Elliot and Gretchen.

Robot Pants

100% chance

So can we assume that Walt's money has been left behind in the barrel? He didn't have it in the car with him. So I guess Skyler, Walt Jr. and Holly are truly fucked now since the police will find the money.

inm8num2

Walt's early life's work was, in his mind, taken from him by Eliot and Gretchen. He still aches deeply from that, understandably. That is the primary source of his rage and sensitivity to having his pride questioned or threatened.

Now, his later life's work was taken from him by Lydia and the Nazis. They took the empire and the fruits of it (money).

Walt was reminded of these similarities in the bar and decided he can't ignore people taking credit for his work and benefiting from it for a second time.

It's that simple.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I wonder how the composer felt about going to the trouble of composing a 75 seconds worth of music, only to have them cut it down to probably 5 seconds.

Hahaha, he got his dues eventually though. That familiar sound really helped escalate that moment.

Robot Pants

So can we assume that Walt's money has been left behind in the barrel? He didn't have it in the car with him. So I guess Skyler, Walt Jr. and Holly are truly fucked now since the police will find the money.
It's only seven miles from that bar. He probably goes back and collects it. Plus he's going after 70 million more.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
When Todd got all proud about Jesse mentioning that he killed the kid, that was such a tragic moment. He was so sure that everyone would be proud of him for that. Oh Todd.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
After Walt accepting blame for Hank, and his son telling him to die, I think he'll see Jesse as more of a son again, but that wont stop Jesse from wanting to kill him still. But, I don't think Jesse will have to. I think Walt expects to die, probably by suicide, like he was fixing to do in episode 1.

mcfrank

Walt's early life's work was, in his mind, taken from him by Eliot and Gretchen. He still aches deeply from that, understandably. That is the primary source of his rage and sensitivity to having his pride questioned or threatened.

Now, his later life's work was taken from him by Lydia and the Nazis. They took the empire and the fruits of it (money).

Walt was reminded of these similarities in the bar and decided he can't ignore people taking credit for his work and benefiting from it for a second time.

It's that simple.

I had a problem with that scene since there was no subtext, just text. It was a bit too on the nose for this show.

Speevy

Banned
tumblr_llgamqQLBD1qcjzcm.gif

Can Todd die like this?

sappyday

It's not a matter of Walt asking for forgiveness, that is certainly possible, Jesse just won't listen to him regardless of what he says. He will be inconsolable.

I dunno if you forgot, but the last time they saw each other, Walt sent him to be killed and told him that he watched Jane die.

Yea I did forget. Now I think Walt will try to ask for forgiveness but Jesse will either kill him or just leave without saying a word.

Dany

Banned
My roommates think that Walter knows that Jesse is alive. On the charlie rose show he said that the blue meth is making a return to hte southwest and in eastern Europe and that Walt inferred that as Jesse is alive.

That sounds as ludicrous as the entire ricen situation so maybe its true. :p

Skeyser

My roommates think that Walter knows that Jesse is alive. On the charlie rose show he said that the blue meth is making a return to hte southwest and in eastern Europe and that Walt inferred that as Jesse is alive.

I don't think it's that far-fetched, Walt knows Jesse is the only other person who can cook blue meth.

Speevy

Banned

"Todd can't make it blue. Jesse's alive! Hit my music."

Raxus

When Todd got all proud about Jesse mentioning that he killed the kid, that was such a tragic moment. He was so sure that everyone would be proud of him for that. Oh Todd.

As soon as I saw that I was thinking Todd deserves something along the lines of a wood chipper death ala Fargo. He really deserves to get got.

i think one can reasonably assume based on the party at elliots house that walt was a std dev or so smarter than elliot and gretchen and quit over pride, and by quitting, gave away his kids' birthright for a few months rent. chances are it was his was research that made the company worth millions.

border

How did Lydia take his life's work? He willingly sold his business and formulas to her -- he wanted to cash out and retire. It doesn't make much sense to me when people say they think he's going to use the Ricin on Lydia, because he doesn't really have much reason to kill her.

You could say exactly the same thing about the Nazis, except for the fact that they did kinda kill Hank and steal all of Walt's money. But at this point it doesn't even make sense for him to go back for the money. The whole point of the last episode was to make Walter realize that no amount of money is going to fix the situation he's in. If he goes after them it's almost purely for revenge at this point because there's no way he'd be able to recover the money anyhow (it's been hidden, and it's physically impossible for him to claim and move 70 million in cash).

Speevy

Banned
i think one can reasonably assume based on the party at elliots house that walt was a std dev or so smarter than elliot and gretchen and quit over pride, and by quitting, gave away his kids' birthright for a few months rent. chances are it was his was research that made the company worth millions.

Which is exactly why he's going to reveal all of this and ruin Grey Matter.

Either that or have all of it turned over to Skyler as blackmail.

kehs

Banned
oh

i never thought conan was funny anyway

someone give me that gif of todd shooting that kid.

Fuck me, I just realized the signifiaces of the dimple pinch whiskey.

The whisky has been bottled in this attractive container since its creation, with the hand-applied wire mesh originally designed to prevent the cork from coming out during export shipments through rough seas.

Walts cork just popped.

Gilligan. <3

Fjordson

Just did a BB marathon last night and this morning and am finally all caught up.

This season has been fantastic. The show started losing some steam for me as the Gus storyline went on, but it's completely turned around and then some with S5. Going to be sad to finish the final episode next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom