• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
By definition she broke her vows. That's actual fact. They weren't divorced. Unlike Skylar Walt still loved her and wanted to repair the marriage. He did an awful job but that's what he wanted nonetheless. Skylar reduced herself morally with her actions. Walt does it all the time intone show but so does Skylar

This isn't a submarine. You don't need to turn both keys to launch the nuclear weapon.

fuck

I pulling the misogynist card, sorry, but this is that type of shit.

l5KC3o7.png

Not a huge fan of the first half of the season. The last few seconds of the last episode was perfect, however, and now I can't wait to see what happens next.

Also, to anyone defending Walt's actions towards Skyler: Walt has killed, cooked Meth, lied constantly, etc. Skyler had an affair. I mean, come on.

Mononoke

Banned
Am I the only 1 that gets agitated by people misspelling Skyler?

To be fair, I think most girls name versions of Skyler is actually spelled Skylar and most boy versions of the name is with the er.

Not a huge fan of the first half of the season. The last few seconds of the last episode was perfect, however, and now I can't wait to see what happens next.

Also, to anyone defending Walt's actions towards Skyler: Walt has killed, cooked Meth, lied constantly, etc. Skyler had an affair. I mean, come on.

Huge fan of the show, and agree. First half was probably the weakest run of the show to date IMO. Was not a fan of the time jump/Heisenberg plot wrap up in montage decision either. Hazard Pay plot was also messy and poorly handled. With regards to Skyler, you have to understand that people that hate Skyler for having an affair, believe that Walt was actually doing what he was doing for his family. So their view of her cheating on him, is a view that she slapped him in the face for doing all the things he did FOR HIS FAMILY. Even if that was the case, it's not justified. But Walt was really doing stuff for himself, and was also holding his own wife Hostage at that point by refusing to leave the house. SO.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Skyler supporters are out in full force.

She's kinda annoying and... her holier-than-thou attitude... ugh. But I do feel sorry for the girl. Walt is a menace and she doesn't deserve it (all). Still, there are much better characters on the show, some dead, some alive.

I still want Skyler to die, but the truth is it won't make much of a difference. Show's almost over, the damage is done.

If it happens, it'll be like Pyrrhic victory.

Mononoke

Banned
spoilers ahead....
the difference between this scenes was explained?

"you got me"

Either it was I. The writers/director decision to show Hank now remembers the exchange differently upon thinking back on it. II. The directors/writers felt the original scene wasn't dark enough so they decided to re-shoot it. III. Some weird continuity thing (like the shot the scene multiple times, and then accidentally used a different take).

I

spoilers ahead....
the difference between this scenes was explained?

"you got me"

Best explanation/ rationalization I heard was that was how Hank remembered the conversation.

Like where blame space's head is at.

<3 Marie. I'm going to miss her adorable stream of consciousness rants.

Hope that wasn't a spoiler...

Huge fan of the show, and agree. First half was probably the weakest run of the show to date IMO. Was not a fan of the time jump/Heisenberg plot wrap up in montage decision either. Hazard Pay plot was also messy and poorly handled. With regards to Skyler, you have to understand that people that hate Skyler for having an affair, believe that Walt was actually doing what he was doing for his family. So their view of her cheating on him, is a view that she slapped him in the face for doing all the things he did FOR HIS FAMILY. Even if that was the case, it's not justified. But Walt was really doing stuff for himself, and was also holding his own wife Hostage at that point by refusing to leave the house. SO.

Sure, sure, Sklyer's not perfect. She should have turned Walt in to the police when she could have and, at the very least, never have started laundering money for him. And having an affair's not great I guess. But at least her actions are understandable and not motivated by greed.

Here's hoping the second half ditches 'badass' Walter and brings back whiny, incompetent Walter.

Nameless

Like where blame space's head is at.

<3 Marie. I'm going to miss her adorable(and amazing) stream of consciousness rants.

it was just a different take. they used it because people don't remember things exactly how they happened.

EDIT actually i just watched it it's exactly the same except they show walt for a bit longer into hanks lines in the flashback.

kehs

Banned
Either it was I. The writers/director decision to show Hank now remembers the exchange differently upon thinking back on it. II. The directors/writers felt the original scene wasn't dark enough so they decided to re-shoot it. III. Some weird continuity thing.

I don't see it being III, as they could have easily just recycled the footage. Makes no sense to to reshoot it. So either I or II.

I'm guessing they chose to edit it with old extra footage(that they possibly planned ahead) for better impact. That fucking smirk. <3 Cranston.

Are Gilligan and the crew going to be doing the weekly podcasts again this season? I absolutely loved listening to that every Tuesday/Wednesday last season and really helped pass the time between episodes.

Are Gilligan and the crew going to be doing the weekly podcasts again this season? I absolutely loved listening to that every Tuesday/Wednesday last season and really helped pass the time between episodes.
I haven't heard anything official either way, but it's a good bet that they'll do them again.

rekameohs

Banned
Hank's "Walter White?" from the actual clip wouldn't have sounded as dramatic. I think it's as simple as that. And for the posters saying 5A was the weakest segment, I strongly urge a rewatch. It really reaps the benefits from seeing it unfold again smoothly, and has slotted into a spot as one of my favorite seasons of the show. I'm so excited though because the second half of all the BB seasons really ramp it up from the first.

kehs

Banned
Fuck Skyler.

Like it wasn't understood. lol

---

btw....they didn't explicitly show it, but walt basically raped skyler at the end of one of the episodes in season 5. just sayin.

She acknowledges it later when she says "I can't even keep you out of my bed" an episode or two later.

Season 5A was pretty much perfectly executed. As a full season it could have even beaten 4
Fuck Skyler. Fuck Walt to a lesser extent since he's entertaining. But still, fuck em. Fuck them both.

*pats head*

Hank's "Walter White?" from the actual clip wouldn't have sounded as dramatic. I think it's as simple as that. And for the posters saying 5A was the weakest segment, I strongly urge a rewatch. It really reaps the benefits from seeing it unfold again smoothly, and has slotted into a spot as one of my favorite seasons of the show. I'm so excited though because the second half of all the BB seasons really ramp it up from the first.

I am actually doing a rewatch and while I agree it definitely comes together more, I still think it's weak sauce compared to the other seasons. Which still makes it better than 2/3 of all the other programs, of course.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked the first half of Season 5 without having to rewatch. I thought every single episode was brilliant at the time. EXCITEMENT!

I envy you. :(

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked the first half of Season 5 without having to rewatch. I thought every single episode was brilliant at the time. EXCITEMENT!

---

btw....they didn't explicitly show it, but walt basically raped skyler at the end of one of the episodes in season 5. just sayin.

She acknowledges it later when she says "I can't even keep you out of my bed" an episode or two later.

Yep, that's pretty much how i took it. It was episode 2 when he was kissing her while she was basically paralyzed with fear

nope it was amazing first go. The train scene sent my blood pressure through the roof

---

They both deserve what they get at this point.

Plus you don't say no to the one who knocks.

Edit: that's a joke btw. The 2nd part not the first

rekameohs

Banned
Oh I loved S5 already. It's just one of the ones that benefits the most from a rewatch.

B33

Banned

Yes.

I don't have the article on hand, but Gilligan affirmed that they're going to release Breaking Bad Insider Podcast installments for the final leg of the show. The first few installments are already in the can.

So I'm assuming those who hate Skyler are still behind Walt 100%, right?

Or do you guys think that even in spite of all the terrible things Walt's done it's still totally cool how he's treating Skyler?

I don't want to be inflammatory, but I am genuinely curious.

Draper

Stupid Skyler doesn't even know to change before hopping in the pool. Also, keeping your money in a storage garage? Really Skylark? There's a thing called a bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom