• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is no fun without gifs.

From previous event thread.
iIAaWmZxCN7V9.gif

ixQXhuALSjCIS.gif

farisr

Timed in such a way so that in their most popular market, people will come home from work and see news about the next generation xbox plastered on a ton of news sites and all the info will be in one nice little place for them to digest rather than have to watch an entire 1 or 2 hour conference.

The Xbox enthusiasts will watch the reveal while its happening, or be on the lookout for it anyways.

2MF

I find it funny that the only thing most people are looking forward to is a confirmation / denial of the always online rumors.

I don't remember any previous situation where most of the hype was directed towards a single rumor.

If this thing is anti-used games and always online they won't even make reference to it during the conference. They may not even comment on it after the event.

Reiko

Banned
I find it funny that the only thing most people are looking forward too is a confirmation / denial of the always online rumors.

I don't remember any previous situation where most of the hype was directed towards a single rumor.

You seem upbeat since you now know everything.

Wow... joke post?

Sony not corporate and boring????
They probably are internally, but on the outside I only see Kaz, Yoshida and now Cerny who are all pretty endearing. Hell, even Jack Tretton has more charm then Mattrick and Ballmer combined. The last spokesperson of MS that I liked was Peter Moore.

Pretty much ripped from the Kaz Gif.

iSO9mo2PnqdgC.gif

Also, PlayStation "Meeting" -> Xbox "Event"

Meeting= Classy, professional, and serious. Business meeting, for example

Event= Lame, McDonald's birthday party get together, slumber party sleepover, kiddy Kinect stuff

Mononoke

Banned
I find it funny that the only thing most people are looking forward to is a confirmation / denial of the always online rumors.

Shows a real distrust between some consumers and these companies.

PBY

Banned

Event= Lame, McDonald's birthday party get together, slumber party sleepover, kiddy Kinect stuff

Is this serious lol?

Or they'll jazz it up.

"by requiring users to be online 24/7, Xbox 720 provides a social experience like no other"

I could see them trying that, but they'd be better off avoiding that altogether. It's been rumored for so long that if they confirmed it during their meeting it would overshadow anything they'd show.

Meelow

Banned

Direct=Nintendo Iwata directing games to people.

But really...What?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hope Mattrick doesn't speak for more than two minutes.

Dude is painful to watch.

Yea I really dislike Mattrick, all these companies want my money and would give me as little as possible to get it, but he just screams corporate douche and I hate his stage presence, that gif of him when they gave away 360s goes through me every time.

If this thing is anti-used games and always online they won't even make reference to it during the conference. They may not even comment on it after the event.

Indeed, same for PS4 and Sony, negatives will be kept back until they have to tell us, that or it will be painted as needed for whatever feature they will be planning.

Pennywise

Which would be dumb.
Either they try to form a nice feature out of it or they have to deal with discussions because it still isn't clear.
This could overshadow alot of parts from the reveal.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Yea I really dislike Mattrick, all these companies want my money and would give me as little as possible to get it, but he just screams corporate douche and I hate his stage presence, that gif of him when they gave away 360s goes through me every time.
He screams that because he's trying really hard to be but he's really as nerdy as can be. The dude has been developing games since he was a teenager.

Which would be dumb.
Either they try to form a nice feature out of it or they have to deal with discussions because it still isn't clear.
This could overshadow alot of parts from the reveal.

And if they confirm it during the reveal it will overshadow a lot of things because people will say, "I told you so!" Do you see the dilemma they've placed themselves in by not speaking out?

Az

Buhahahahahhahahah. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom