• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Predictions:
-They'll show the box. After Major Nelson got snarky over Sony not showing the PS4 box, they kinda have to.
-Backwards compatibility will happen, whether it's a SOC or the rumored XTV add on.
-Always online won't happen for games, there will be a low power feature like the Wii's WiiConnect 24, and always online will be mandatory only for the multimedia streaming/Netflix/Hulu stuff.
-No used game blocking.
-Blu-ray drives, big hard disks and Kinect 2.0 all mandatory.
-Some games will be shown.

Pretty much agree with this. But, you know they will show some big games. Not all of them because they have to have something for E3, but no way do they just talk about specs, show hardware and misc. things and not show some big games at this event. I can even see them showing a bit more and saying "for full showing, see you at E3".

If nothing else, this should be entertaining.

Master_JO

Banned
YdIOe.gif

Somebody Ballmerize or Don this

Where is that from ?

oVerde

Banned
Predictions:
-They'll show the box. After Major Nelson got snarky over Sony not showing the PS4 box, they kinda have to.
-Backwards compatibility will happen, whether it's a SOC or the rumored XTV add on.
-Always online won't happen for games, there will be a low power feature like the Wii's WiiConnect 24, and always online will be mandatory only for the multimedia streaming/Netflix/Hulu stuff.
-No used game blocking.
-Blu-ray drives, big hard disks and Kinect 2.0 all mandatory.
-Some games will be shown.

Sounds they won't show much games as the announcement says they will show it on E3.
(...)
On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future.
Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

Wow Guys I am pretty hyped for this, I am sure Microsoft is going to surprise us all!!

My Guesses:
16GB GDDR5
2 APU's
Not online needed and it will allow to play used games.
COD exclusive is now 6 months!
New Halo 5 debut, better graphics than ever and running at 60 fps!!
Tons of unannounced third party exclusives, including a new exclusive game from Kojima, Square-Enix, Ubisoft.

I can't wait!!! May 21 th can't come soon enough, and I'll be so happy when all my predictions become true!! is it possible to pre-order today? I will go as soon as I finish work.

They'll defo show the box... however if Sony have a showing or another presser before the MS presser, then Sony will show their console at that. They won't want a cheap poke from MS, because you just know MS will do that.

Proelite

I agree with this, especially if it's going to be a cable box as well. Those things are big.

It is big because the PSU will definitely be internal and they'll have to be more cautious about heating. I won't be surprised if they put more fans and vents than the thing really needs.

GhaleonEB

Sounds they won't show much games as the announcement says they will show it on E3.

Seems like a natural two part split. The reveal will be all about the vision for the platform, with a few game highlights. E3 will shift to games and probably a few more services.

Hawk269

Wow Guys I am pretty hyped for this, I am sure Microsoft is going to surprise us all!!

My Guesses:
16GB GDDR5
2 APU's
Not online needed and it will allow to play used games.
COD exclusive is now 6 months!
New Halo 5 debut, better graphics than ever and running at 60 fps!!
Tons of unannounced third party exclusives, including a new exclusive game from Kojima, Square-Enix, Ubisoft.

I can't wait!!! May 21 th can't come soon enough, and I'll be so happy when all my predictions become true!! is it possible to pre-order today? I will go as soon as I finish work.

That would be way to expensive unless MS decides to take some major losses at first, which they can easily afford to do over Sony, but to expect 16gb of GDDR5 is nuts. I say, 12gb of DDR3 is more realistic. This gives them more freedom to allocate a full 8gigs to games and the other 4 to OS/Cable stuff etc.

Proelite

That would be way to expensive unless MS decides to take some major losses at first, which they can easily afford to do over Sony, but to expect 16gb of GDDR5 is nuts. I say, 12gb of DDR3 is more realistic. This gives them more freedom to allocate a full 8gigs to games and the other 4 to OS/Cable stuff etc.

16 GB of DDR3 is FAR more realistic than 12 GB technically.

with 16 you just clamshell, with 12 you have do some mobo stuff.

Bgamer90

Banned
I've been predicting this for months. It's not like Microsoft is suddenly going to go a PS3 route and make online gaming free. Gamers were stupid enough to support the paywall, they were even more stupid to support the paywall after a price increase, and they'll support the paywall after another increase in price next gen.

I predict things based on the company's track record. They made a living off of charging people for nothing.

Wouldn't say they were stupid -- people just felt like it was worth it.

Also, we still don't know anything yet about Xbox Live next gen -- I could honestly see online gaming being free via more ads (for non-gold members).

Overall, I'm expecting many changes for next gen.

Ainaurdur

I am morbidly curious to see what becomes true and what does not.

In the best case, Microsoft reveals a system with none of the rumored drawbacks, and shows me many reasons to want the new system. Otherwise I will just be happy to ignore it and continue to put my money elsewhere.

Wouldn't say they were stupid -- people just felt like it was worth it.

Also, we still don't know anything yet about Xbox Live next gen -- I could honestly see online gaming being free via more ads (for non-gold members).

You are out of your fucking mind if you actually believe this.

Dlacy13g

I expect we will see the box and specs, we will get the run down on some games but I expect a good portion of the reveal to be about the entertainment value proposition it will be bringing. Kinect 2.0 also will get shown and indepth discussion of improvements. I suspect many will get let down by the less focus on games on the 21st but per their message to Polygon about E3 its seems clear that show will be 100% game focused.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/24/4261746/microsoft-to-showcase-line-up-of-next-gen-xbox-games-at-e3-on-june-10

Come on Microsoft. Show me why I should care, come on. Sony made a very strong showing, and I want you to try and win me over. Please don't focus on Kinect/entertainment apps/Xbox Live, and show me the games, please.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Finally a next Xbox thread that isn't rumors, too bad is on the middle of the day eill have to see it after work and no trailer :(

Ohh well can't wait either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom