• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Expecting/Hoping for Free XBL but a PSN+ paid for version with access to reduced cost DLC, beta access, free games etc.

Takuya

Banned
Thank you for your valuable contributions to this thread.

You're welcome SasaraiHarmonia. Those rumors are laugh-worthy, and that's all they're worth. I'm sure you'd say the same about a bunch of other rumors would you not?

If you wanted to contribute to a thread about the announcement of an announcement, you'd pretty much just get.. "Oh, okay, cool".

Copenap

Pretty curius what we gonna hear but also quite sure they not gonna tell us what is interesting to me the most, paying for online mp or not.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Predictions:
-They'll show the box. After Major Nelson got snarky over Sony not showing the PS4 box, they kinda have to.
-Backwards compatibility will happen, whether it's a SOC or the rumored XTV add on.
-Always online won't happen for games, there will be a low power feature like the Wii's WiiConnect 24, and always online will be mandatory only for the multimedia streaming/Netflix/Hulu stuff.
-No used game blocking.
-Blu-ray drives, big hard disks and Kinect 2.0 all mandatory.
-Some games will be shown.

Haha, you are on a "negative post roll"!

I've been predicting this for months. It's not like Microsoft is suddenly going to go a PS3 route and make online gaming free. Gamers were stupid enough to support the paywall, they were even more stupid to support the paywall after a price increase, and they'll support the paywall after another increase in price next gen.

I predict things based on the company's track record. They made a living off of charging people for nothing.

Spongebob

Banned
Predictions:
-They'll show the box. After Major Nelson got snarky over Sony not showing the PS4 box, they kinda have to.
-Backwards compatibility will happen, whether it's a SOC or the rumored XTV add on.
-Always online won't happen for games, there will be a low power feature like the Wii's WiiConnect 24, and always online will be mandatory only for the multimedia streaming/Netflix/Hulu stuff.
-No used game blocking.
Best case scenario.

Predictions:

-No used game blocking.

I agree with the bolded as my predictions.

Reiko

Banned
YdIOe.gif

Somebody Ballmerize or Don this

Madness

Hilarious how the hype train completely makes people forget the rumors we've been hearing. I can't wait either. Will finally allow me to make up my mind about whether to leave MS behind and embrace Playstation etc.

Rhindle

Interesting that it got moved to Redmond (it was planned for LA previously).

Maybe a sign of less media/entertainment focus than previously planned?

Predictions:
-No used game blocking.

This is what I'm thinking/hoping for as well. Though doesn't a low power mode go against the "green" reason that the Kinect couldn't turn the 360 on by voice command? Not that it matters, just curious.

Proelite

They'll show the physical box, and it'll be huge.
Gloss over specs, i.e. 8GB of ram, 500GB HD, cutting edge GPU and CPU, etc.
They'll show engineers, designers and developers talking about the ideas behind its conception.
They'll show off the new Kinect.
Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.
It'll end with teaser trailers for games.

They won't be talking about always online, BC, or used games because, guess what, #dealwithit.

You're welcome SasaraiHarmonia.

Oh shit guys, Internet Detective here already has my XBL Gamertag from my GAF profile and everything!

Those rumors are laugh-worthy, and that's all they're worth. I'm sure you'd say the same about a bunch of other rumors would you not?

If you wanted to contribute to a thread about the announcement of an announcement, you'd pretty much just get.. "Oh, okay, cool".

No, that's just spamming, if I had nothing to post I wouldn't post.

Keep up the good work soldier.

Spongebob

Banned
Hilarious how the hype train completely makes people forget the rumors we've been hearing. I can't wait either. Will finally allow me to make up my mind about whether to leave MS behind and embrace Playstation etc.
Quite a bit of the posts in this thread say otherwise.

Predictions:
-No used game blocking.

I'm kind of on the same page, although I think it will be an SoC for BC.

Also think pricing will happen at this event or E3. Retailers will start taking pre-orders during or soon after E3.

Probably a big game or two, but Major Nelson implied E3 would be the game-heavy event. This will be an introduction to the hardware and their plans, most likely.

Its interesting there's no formal invite for the european community so my guess is system features and specs. Kinect 2.0, Cable tuner with DVR(hopefully), and various north american media partnerships outside of gaming.

I'd expect the pricing structure, launch timing, a peek into european plans, and games to be saved for their pre E3 presser.

Given the infrastructure differences between NA and EU I'm guessing european specifics are probably being saved for Gamescom.

Will MS invite superDaE?or he will even on stage to announce something?

Don Mattrick is going invite him on stage to talk about the Nextbox' specs. As he does, he'll pull out an emerald-covered Colt .45, and shoot him in the back of the knees.

He'll continue to writhe on the stage for the rest of the conference, his screams piercing the Kinectimals 3 trailer.

They'll show engineers, designers and developers talking about the ideas behind its conception.
Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.

They won't be talking about always online or use games because, guess what, #dealwithit.

Yep. The most they'll do is discuss their plans for the cloud.

We may find out about always-online for games as early as when the console releases this November.

Reiko

Banned
Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.

They won't be talking about always online or use games because, guess what, #dealwithit.

And then we will disconnect in the Sun.

Spongebob

Banned
Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.

Based off the leaked specs I don't see why this would be the case, unless of course MS are including the rumored 32nm 360 SOC in nextbox.

Trevelyon

Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.

They won't be talking about always online, BC, or used games because, guess what, #dealwithit.

Sooooo, catch roughly the first five and last five.

I'm okay with this.

Raide

You must know in your heart that this will never happen. They're already getting away with charging people for literally nothing.

I dunno. PSN+ has been a pretty big boost for the PS3. I cannot see MS just ignoring that without throwing their own improvements on the idea. Things have moved on since the Xbox days where they pretty much made mainstream online play.

Gloss over specs, i.e. 8GB of ram, 500GB HD, cutting edge GPU and CPU, etc.
Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.

I agree with this, especially if it's going to be a cable box as well. Those things are big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom