• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' World Reveal coming 25th March, Teaser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Posting this from the other thread.

UQRvOR5.gif

Aquman is surrounded by seamen.

I really hope they have a better editor this time around. Zack Snyder would be fine if he was surrounded by competent writers and editors. Chris Terio wrote this, so everything's fine on that front. We just need to know who's the editor.

edit: well shit. David Brenner is still the editor. He edited 300, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, all of which had editing (and by extension, pacing) issues.

Fuck. :(

Ninjimbo

I really hope they have a better editor this time around. Zack Snyder would be fine if he was surrounded by competent writers and editors. Chris Terio wrote this, so everything's fine on that front. We just need to know who's the editor.
Same editor. You're out of luck buddy.

It seems rushed. Like after BvS they jumped right into it, so Im not expecting nothing better then what we already got in BvS. I liked MoS and 300, and Watchmen somewhat, so theres still hope.

The S stands for hope guys!

Donos

Some people thought Ant-Man is corny and they still somehow pulled it off but Aquaman is a hard task...
He's pretty low on my "looks like a cool hero with cool powers" list although DC seems to make him a cool as posible judging from the snippets i have seen.
Could be a big suprise but i'm still skeptical. After all, i'm a sucker for flicks like this so bring it Lord Snyder !

shoreu

I dont see how they can have a shark summon in a somewhat serious movie about superheroes, but Injustice 2's super looks awesome and Zack Snyder loves awesome so we might get something like this.

AquaMan-Attack.gif

I sure a hell hope he goes with something bigger like topo or expands on his mind control.

Still makes me laugh, the slander was real

Lol that question about staying on earth is so ruthless. And then manta is such a dick

Some people thought Ant-Man is corny and they still somehow pulled it off but Aquaman is a hard task...
He's pretty low on my "looks like a cool hero with cool powers" list although DC seems to make him a cool as posible judging from the snippets i have seen.
Could be a big suprise but i'm still skeptical. After all, i'm a sucker for flicks like this so bring it Lord Snyder !

Aquaman isn't a hard character to get right IMO. He's got a great mythology, and his characters powers are somewhat endless in many ways. I don't expect them to get him right, though.

Ninjimbo

I know. :(

At the very least, Terio is the only screenwriter for this. Goyer didn't touch it. There is hope that it'll not have the issues of its predecessor.
It's a Snyder film. It's going to be polarizing no matter what he does. He's pretty much set in his ways as a filmmaker.

I know. :(

At the very least, Terio is the only screenwriter for this. Goyer didn't touch it. There is hope that it'll not have the issues of its predecessor.

I don't get why Goyer always gets the blame for BvS's script. Dude co-wrote some pretty excellent comic-book films (and a couple bad ones too) and argued with Nolan that Batman shouldn't kill. In terms of themes and characterization, BvS resembles Terrio's other works more than Goyer's imo. I think Terrio is out of his element with superheroes.

DaveH

Batman invents the tri...quindent
Random trivia: the numeral prefix for three in both Latin and Greek is "tri" so we know the "trident"... but what about two tines, four spikes, or five prongs?

The Greek is "duo", "tetra", and "penta" and the Latin is "bi", "quad", and "quin(t)"... and in this case, Latin wins so it's: "bident", "trident", "quadrident", "quindent", etc.

the problem with characters like Aquaman and Namor is that they must be near the ocean to be seemingly interesting or powerful

it feels like they must stage the battle sequences near a pier or a port to justify an Aquaman or Namor battle sequence

these mermen characters are pegged with that limitation

the problem with characters like Aquaman and Namor is that they must be near the ocean to be seemingly interesting or powerful

it feels like they must stage the battle sequences near a pier or a port to justify an Aquaman or Namor battle sequence

They both have super strength. And they don't need to be near water at all times.
I've never understood why Aquaman is so reviled. I guess this all started because of Superfriends? He's no worse than most other superheroes.

Edit: cool poster, I like the star in the logo.

shoreu

Not necessarily true aquaman is like a wonder woman who can't fly. But he can jump vast distances at great speeds.

Plus his super strength, warrior skill and god killer weapon keep him useful

Sanjuro

Still not on board with Cyborg. Just in the back of my mind, still feels like the B-Justice League. Hoping they give him enough time to steal some of the show.

Mega

Banned
Please be the movie that kills his career...please stuph

I'm hoping this is the movie that kills the current DC Cinematic Universe and forces a reboot with some color and a sense of the humor and fun found in non-gritty/edgy superhero comic books.

TBBT has done more harm than good for the "geek/nerd" world.

Of course, everyone should know this by now. It's a show for Middle America to point and laugh at intellectual types and geek culture: "they're book smart but look at how stupid and awkward they really are compared to us regular folk!"

Hjod

Banned
I don't know what I look forward to more, the movie or GAF the week after the movie hits theaters hmm.

Either way, I hope it's good.

I'm hoping this is the movie that kills the current DC Cinematic Universe and forces a reboot with some color and a sense of the humor and fun found in non-gritty/edgy superhero comic books.

I blame kids who grew up reading 80s-90s dark comic books and worship as if they were good on the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom