• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breakup Season is upon us

I never post on here, and never share personal stuff, but this thread got to me.

Trying to finalize my divorce. Last year, my wife started acting strange, and admitted to me that her co-workers were telling her to divorce and live life, because they were. So, she started to slowly change; trying to find things that we didn't agree with, and shit like that. I was in a bad place mentally, so I wasn't able to put things together.

Found out last October that she was sending nude pics to guys on Craigslist, and that she was having steady fuck sessions with 3 of them. Also found out she had a fling with a softball dad we knew for a long time, and was trying to get a threesome together with another softball dad.

Well, she decided to brag about it, and it got back to me. Shit happened; some I regret, most was justified, but there's no way to save a 17-year marriage after pulling shit like that.

I left the house last November. By December, she was already bringing at least one guy around the house, and introduced our teenage children to him/them.

Fast forward to today; I'm in a better place mentally, still sweeping up the shattered pieces of my life while at the same time trying to make something new with them that includes my children. Therapy helps a lot; so does crying. Oh, and hitting the gym when I feel an "anger session" coming on.

We were married for 17 years, and together for 20.

That's horrible man. I am so sorry to hear that you went through that. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction, though, which is huge.

I never post on here, and never share personal stuff, but this thread got to me.

Trying to finalize my divorce. Last year, my wife started acting strange, and admitted to me that her co-workers were telling her to divorce and live life, because they were. So, she started to slowly change; trying to find things that we didn't agree with, and shit like that. I was in a bad place mentally, so I wasn't able to put things together.

Found out last October that she was sending nude pics to guys on Craigslist, and that she was having steady fuck sessions with 3 of them. Also found out she had a fling with a softball dad we knew for a long time, and was trying to get a threesome together with another softball dad.

Well, she decided to brag about it, and it got back to me. Shit happened; some I regret, most was justified, but there's no way to save a 17-year marriage after pulling shit like that.

I left the house last November. By December, she was already bringing at least one guy around the house, and introduced our teenage children to him/them.

Fast forward to today; I'm in a better place mentally, still sweeping up the shattered pieces of my life while at the same time trying to make something new with them that includes my children. Therapy helps a lot; so does crying. Oh, and hitting the gym when I feel an "anger session" coming on.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you must have gone through, but I'm glad you found a healthy way to deal with and are getting things back together.

We're all rooting for you.

Necron

I know words mean little and any advice is perhaps inappropriate, but I sincerely hope that you'll feel better soon. I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Keep working out - I believe it helps a lot to refocus and relieves the mind quite a lot. All the best and good fortune to you!

afroguy10

I know I mentioned I was doing it earlier in this thread.

Bit the bullet tonight,she gave me an in by saying she thinks I've been quite distant.

Sent her a quick text explaining how I've been feeling but stated I wanted to talk about it.

She drove up to mine and I ended it. She was pretty angry and confused, don't think she was quite expecting it even if she did text me asking about my feelings.

Feeling a bit shitty because she's a wonderful girl, my head just wasn't in it anymore. I'm not gonna lie either, as soon as I told my mum she said she'd raised me right, was proud of me for doing it in person rather than over text and gave me a big hug, got the tears flowing. Mum's are the best.

Just in my bed now mulling it over. I was thinking of doing it for like a month now but I'm thinking whether it was the right thing to do.

I spoke with a friend and he says my emotions are all over the place and I need to settle down first before I can properly put it all together and see where I'm at but I reckon I'm gonna think like I was before, that it was the right thing to do.

Going to my friends tomorrow for a few beers and a movie or two though, get my mind off it.

matt05891

To be honest both of my LTR's ended in the summer, a 3 1/2 year(mutual but are they ever really?) and a 2 1/2 year (cheated on me with my friend, felt like I got stabbed). I felt the holidays kept people closer due to travel plans and gifts already purchased yada yada. Then directly after another wave.

Top Bottom