• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully 2: Kevin's Back Jack appears on Game Informer's website [bitch ass fake]

Wonder which stage it will be on Microsoft or Sony? I lean Sony only because of them having the marketing rights to Red Dead but I could see Microsoft making a push to get a Rockstar game on their stage.

If even true at all, and come on people a announcement in the new few days and release later this year? Rockstar games always have a long marketing time. But in the slightest possibility of being true at all, likely Sony's stage because the only platform mentioned there is PS4. :(

Tenck

A Bully game without a rushed ending? Sign me up. I've beaten the game like 3 times and I still love it.

Bahorel

So let's assume this is happening and the merch represents what's coming soon.

Would you be disappointed to have it set in the same town and school?

I was always hoping it would be a new private school but if this merch represents the new era (bear with me) that would suggest it's set at Bullworth again

RedHill

Banned
Can't read the whole thread right now, is it Fake or not?
It appears to be some type of joke or something. Honestly shame on GI for not being transparent about this when its on their website.

Edit: okay wait what @ that merch. Could it finally be happening?

I was always hoping it would be a new private school but if this merch represents the new era (bear with me) that would suggest it's set at Bullworth again

Personally I'd be fine. Rockstar has "reused" places before to great effect. It can be set at Bullworth and be laid out entirely differently in terms of the world itself.

RedHill

Banned

Or the merch is from the old game because we're gonna hear mum about the setting for a while and this is a way for them to monetize the brand while the hype is high.

jwk94

As someone who wasn't allowed to play GTA when they were a kid, Bully was a godsend. I'd gladly welcome a remake, remaster, or a sequel.

It would mean Take-Two has enough faith in this game and that it doesn't need an extensive marketing campaign, plus aren't they all at work on RDR2? And also based on that picture, it would likely mean it's only coming to PS4 and that means Take-Two is willing to miss out on money from Xbox One copies, which i find hard to believe.

The page they created is just off though, it just says Fall, not whether that's this year or next or 2019. And i checked and i can't find any other game pages on the GI site. Just only news articles.

My guess is a remake or port. Switch maybe?

But the only platform it mentions is PlayStation 4.

ekim

It would mean Take-Two has enough faith in this game and that it doesn't need an extensive marketing campaign, plus aren't they all at work on RDR2? And also based on that picture, it would likely mean it's only coming to PS4 and that means Take-Two is willing to miss out on money from Xbox One copies, which i find hard to believe.

The page they created is just off though, it just says Fall, not whether that's this year or next or 2019. And i checked and i can't find any other game pages on the GI site. Just only news articles.

But the only platform it mentions is PlayStation 4.

Oh I totally missed that. Is this R*s compensation for Agent? :p

clockpunk

Damn, as my favourite title of all time as sequel to Bully would be enough to convince me to buy a new console solely to experience it!

Have long, long, LONG hoped for a sequel.

I dont really now if this is a good idea if united front games isnt developing (lots of people that made bully and the warriors got out of rockstar and funded united front).

ekim

Well, one thing i guess we have to take into consideration is that it's filed under PlayStation 4's page. So it would make sense that platform only says PS4, but there aren't any other game pages like that on their site....it seems. This is the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/QNP5rH7.png

The excuse from GI is odd. Why would they make up that game especially with a subtitle. If they just fooled around, I guess they would've just called it "Bully 2". Also this database does not support user entries, right?

The excuse from GI is odd. Why would they make up that game especially with a subtitle. If they just fooled around, I guess they would've just called it "Bully 2". Also this database does not support user entries, right?

Not that i know of. But i barely ever visit their site.

It would be insane if it's true and releasing this year, however it doesn't mention a year. I sure as hell need a PS4 for this if this turns out to be true. But let's assume if true, it won't probably until next year at the earliest. I was planning on having a Pro by that time anyway.

ekim

Not that i know of. But i barely ever visit their site.

It would be insane if it's true and releasing this year, however it doesn't mention a year. I sure as hell need a PS4 for this if this turns out to be true. But let's assume if true, it won't probably until next year at the earliest. I was planning on having a Pro by that time anyway.

It also won't be announced at E3 as Rockstar isn't attending.

RedHill

Banned
There's some strange smoke happening that makes me think there's a fire.

*GI, a magazine that's constantly learning reveals months ahead has a listing that was made May 8th and only deleted after it was discovered

*If it was a "placeholder"... Why? Why do they need a placeholder for something else so early? Why not just have a blank title? Why so specific?

*Rockstar has new Bully merch

*This is right around e3, Rockstar doesn't do e3. But rockstar did have an exclusive with Sony that went nowhere. This could be that deal with a different game.

There's some strange smoke happening that makes me think there's a fire.

*GI, a magazine that's constantly learning reveals months ahead has a listing that was made May 8th and only deleted after it was discovered

*If it was a "placeholder"... Why? Why do they need a placeholder for something else so early? Why not just have a blank title? Why so specific?

*Rockstar has new Bully merch

*This is right around e3, Rockstar doesn't do e3. But rockstar did have an exclusive with Sony that went nowhere. This could be that deal with a different game.

But there are signs of Agent. Check this video at around 1:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtTNAQ7uYec

RedHill

Banned
Before RDR2 was announced, didn't take two say in a shareholders conference that Rockstar would be announcing new "projects" soon?

Before RDR2 was announced, didn't take two say in a shareholders conference that Rockstar would be announcing new "projects" soon?
Well GTA VI is a much safer bet than Bully 2. Which is is shame, Canis Canem Edit (the Euro title was much nicer imo) was such a fantastic piece of software...

I'll be cynical and just think that Rockstar had a lot of the merchandise in a warehouse but was only selling the bare minimum, then this cluster happened and they thought with the game on everybody's mind again what better way to make money.

They are kind of dumb for not doing the clothing right thought. Should have sold the sweaters from the school.

RedHill

Banned
I'll be cynical and just think that Rockstar had a lot of the merchandise in a warehouse but was only selling the bare minimum, then this cluster happened and they thought with the game on everybody's mind again what better way to make money.

They are kind of dumb for not doing the clothing right thought. Should have sold the sweaters from the school.
The merch was up days before this GI mess happened.

The merch was up days before this GI mess happened.
I still won't believe it till I see it. As far as I recall it, the game didn't sell gangbusters to the point there is any reason to focus on that. Wasn't the team behind it another studio that eventually dissolved and parts of the team went on to other Rockstar studios?

And with gta and red dead, seems like there isn't really a solid team to do it unless it's that Rockstar Toronto studio. But why in hell would the main Rockstar team be doing this over gta.

I would be ecstatic as I liked bully more than I've ever liked a gta. But just seems coincidental and grasping at straws. I'll be glad to eat a whole crow buffet if proven wrong, but the game industry has taught me there is no reason to dream as it rarely pays off.

Dtack

Neo Member
Hey, GI PC Editor here. I don't have details but this appearing on our site was in fact an error - as far as we know this title does not exist in any way, shape, or form. As to how it happened, we're still looking into it. Apologies for any confusion.

I still won't believe it till I see it. As far as I recall it, the game didn't sell gangbusters to the point there is any reason to focus on that. Wasn't the team behind it another studio that eventually dissolved and parts of the team went on to other Rockstar studios?

And with gta and red dead, seems like there isn't really a solid team to do it unless it's that Rockstar Toronto studio. But why in hell would the main Rockstar team be doing this over gta.

I would be ecstatic as I liked bully more than I've ever liked a gta. But just seems coincidental and grasping at straws. I'll be glad to eat a whole crow buffet if proven wrong, but the game industry has taught me there is no reason to dream as it rarely pays off.
Max Payne 3 team was dissolved (Vancouver) and folded into Toronto. Toronto is not the main GTA lead studio, so they wouldn't be doing this over GTA. However, it would probably limit the support that they could give for other rockstar teams

Bahorel

Hey, GI PC Editor here. I don't have details but this appearing on our site was in fact an error - as far as we know this title does not exist in any way, shape, or form. As to how it happened, we're still looking into it. Apologies for any confusion.

Thanks for jumping in.

I suppose error would mean rogue employee in this context?

It's odd that they would make new merchandise for the newest iPhone and a case for an iPad Pro unless there was something coming out soon related to the series.

Print_Dog

Might not mean much but...

415Wl7Bf9fL.jpg

...that Rockstar logo from this dodgeball is in a different spot.

RedHill

Banned
I just don't understand why now there's new merch for only Bully. It would even make more sense if they did this back when they released the game on ps4

styl3s

Red Dead Revolver and Manhunt sold less than Bully yet they got a sequel.

I just don't understand why now there's new merch for only Bully. It would even make more sense if they did this back when they released the game on ps4

maybe they are probing.. seeing if there's enough hype generated to support the idea of not canceling the game. (i assume it's been in not-so-active development for years).

It is a little difficult to imagine that RDR2 is the their only game in development. GTAVI is definitely in the very early stages. Something like Bully 2 or a new Max Payne before or after RDR2 doesn't seem impossible IMO.

Top Bottom