• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bunch of PSVR games turning into vaporware

Glad I didn't waste $400-$500 on it. I gotta admit I haven't heard much about it at all since it launched. Like its been really quiet on the vr front.

Great way to make an extra 100/200 or so on top of standard retail

I sold mine last week as they are still out of stock everywhere

Main gripe
The games are all glorified demos

Some of the games are really shit graphics wise....the ps4 pro is beefy but i feel its not beefy enough to give a full meaningful vr experience...which is why we are not hearing anything....driveclub is case and point

You take one of the most pretty ps4 games and you turn it into a blurry ps2 game

I dont think this generation is ready enough for vr

Glad I didn't waste $400-$500 on it. I gotta admit I haven't heard much about it at all since it launched. Like its been really quiet on the vr front.

But has it?

PSX wasn't loaded with PSVR news - but they did feature a couple of the big games that are going to support it.
There's been a bunch of new releases since launch including Eagle Flight, a COD demo and the Star Wars X-wing thing.
There's been a few new games announced since PSX including Dirt Rally getting support.
The PSVR Launch thread is nearly 350 pages long and grows everyday.

And that's for a product that's hard to find at retail.

ChouGoku

??????? Batman is fucking amazing.

Possibly the worst comment in the thread and I'm guessing the poster you quoted has never played it or watched it on youtube, as most "VR is DOA" people have watched videos and said oh that looks dumb. Virtually everyone I've showed Batman to was amazed, every review I've seen and people were amazed. The only gripe I've heard online is that its too short, but still amazing. And the only person who I showed who didn't like it, though it was an amazing experience but wanted a more button pressy game like Until Dawn.

And the people who are scared they didn't show a ton at PSX what did you expect? I was kind of disappointed at first but at PSX PSVR was a month and a half old by then and games have been demoed for the system for about the last 2 years, were you really expecting a ton of new game announcements for a new system that was a month old, is there any console a month after their release where they announce a ton of new games that they already havent talked about?

The games are all glorified demos

Some of the games are really shit graphics wise....the ps4 pro is beefy but i feel its not beefy enough to give a full meaningful vr experience...which is why we are not hearing anything....driveclub is case and point

You take one of the most pretty ps4 games and you turn it into a blurry ps2 game

I dont think this generation is ready enough for vr
DriveClub was a 30fps game, and a 2 year old game by the time PSVR launched.

Wait until Dirt Rally, a game built for 60fps, gets VR support before claiming DriveClubs "blurry ps2 game" graphics are representative of the hardwares capabilities.

Possibly the worst comment in the thread and I'm guessing the poster has never played it or watched it on youtube, as most "VR is DOA" people have watched videos and said oh that looks dumb. Virtually everyone I've showed Batman to was amazed, every review I've seen and people were amazed. The only gripe I've heard online is that its too short, but still amazing. And the only person who I showed who didn't like it, though it was an amazing experience but wanted a more button pressy game like Until Dawn.

And the people who are scared they didn't show a ton at PSX what did you expect? I was kind of disappointed at first but at PSX PSVR was a month and a half old by then and games have been demoed for the system for about the last 2 years, were you really expecting a ton of new game announcements for a new system that was a month old, is there any console a month after their release where they announce a ton of new games that they already havent talked about?

But it doesn't hold up to the Arkham games. That's the point, it's a glorified demo. It might be really cool, but really cool for a short time doesn't sell a $500+ VR headset and a 300-400 console.

ChouGoku

But it doesn't hold up to the Arkham games. That's the point, it's a glorified demo. It might be really cool, but really cool for a short time doesn't sell a $500+ VR headset and a 300-400 console.

And that means its going to be a worse experience than 1,2 Switch? Batman is an amazing game but basically no single game is worth $900, but its definitely one of the best VR experiences out there and think everyone should at least experience it. I might eat crow later but I don't think anyone will say that about 1, 2 Switch. Even if its a good game I doubt anyone will say if you haven't played 1,2 Switch you are missing out on one of the greatest gaming experiences out there.

And that means its going to be a worse experience than 1,2 Switch? Batman is an amazing game but basically no single game is worth $900, but its definitely one of the best VR experiences out there and think everyone should at least experience it. I might eat crow later but I don't think anyone will say that about 1, 2 Switch. Even if its a good game I doubt anyone will say if you haven't played 1,2 Switch you are missing out on one of the greatest gaming experiences out there.

Oh hell no, 1, 2 switch is a joke. Playing ping pong for instance, without actually being able to see a ball, or get that feedback from visual queue's is a joke. Pushing forward with the Wii era bs when VR exists is silly.

I guess I didn't see the full conversation.

Spman2099

Sony has screwed up the psvr release so badly. They don't get enough hardware on the shelves and then don't support the hardware after the initial offerings. Why even release this thing?

Jeez, from that description you would swear the PSVR was made by Nintendo.

On a more serious note, you guys need to calm down. Take it down a notch.

Alpha_eX

Glad I waited to see if PSVR was worth it. I really want to play RE7 in VR, but I can't justify it if the support is not there. Or even appears to be there, and then disappears.

I'm in the same boat, I was dead set on getting the PSVR for RE7 but it just looks like Sony forgot about it and aren't making any more. Heck, it's impossible to find a PSVR now to play RE7 on launch so whats the point?

Calm Mind

A bit too early to call this one. But if E3 or Holiday 2017 doesn't spark some much needed excitement for this platform, this will not end well for all who are heavily invested.

Future

VR still sucks overall as a game platform. There is no Mario 64 style example of nailing the strengths of vr in satisfying overall package of mechanics and traditional game length. Games feel like a bunch of demos because they are a bunch of demos. It's exciting to see them because they are new and different but the allure will wear off

It may be amazing, but it's gameplay length doesn't even come close to an Arkham game, and that is my main gripe with PSVR games. I just can't justify dropping $30 if it can't even give me 6 hours of fresh content.

When it comes to things I place value on with games, length is at the very bottom. I'd pay $30 for a 2 hour Arkham VR experience every month.

Haines

Banned
Im not suprised.

It needed to be solid and when giant bomb said it wasnt i noped out.

Until vr is rock solid, it will not take off. The best headsets are still crawling along.

dd492941

I love the psvr. I also just got a pro and 4k HDR TV. This is my one issue. Because I'm currently playing some games that have HDR functions I now have my psvr disconnected from my pro. I'm sad I either need to redo the connections every time I want to play VR or shut off HDR which is not going to happen now that I see the results. I'm hoping Sony comes out with an adapter to split the signal and not lose out HDR data or an improved breakout box because it's the main reason my VR is now collecting dust. I will most likely not be too lazy to change HDMI cords once farpoint drops. That game looks like VR halo which would be epic.

Frida Kahlo

Neo Member
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 VR patch was suppose to be out last Oct, but Koei Tecmo announced in Sep that it is delayed indefinitely. 4 months has passed and no words
No longer vaporware since...

I hope (...) DOA X3 is still a thing. Bought the latter just for VR (dont laugh)
Well, shit. Now my PSVR really IS just for Rez Infinite
If a DOAX3 VR patch comes out, I'm IN! We also need some stuff like 'Summer Lesson' brought over to North America!
... I've got good news for you!

Dead or Alive VR sounded like nightmare (...)
... and bad news for you...

DOAX3 VR was finally released yesterday :) Currently Japan only, the release date for the English version is still uncertain according to the devs!

Top Bottom