• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

C-3PO #1: Or How The Old EU Never Died (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean other than it being a message board.

It's even more outdated than that, actually.

So we can have more Star Wars movies from a guy who hates Star Wars?

I still think it's weird he called Lawrence Kasdan a fanboy.

Even weirder is that Kasdan didn't have shit to do with this comic. Neither did Abrams.

This is a James Robinson/Tony Harris joint. The guys who did Starman in the 90s.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You guys need to Lando, shit's amazing.

piEB46il.jpg

It actually made me care about Lobot.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This is bad, like R5-D4-is-a-force-user bad. What's next, explaining why Poe skipped a shave?

Tookay

Jakku, Poe, and Ackbar? The Star Wars universe really just consists of the characters and places from the movies and nothing else, huh.

New canon seems really afraid to venture outside anything related to Episode VII. I imagine because they're directed not to step on the saga directors' toes.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Lol I really want to know the behind the scenes story on all the delays this comic got.

They had to go through a few layers of "Are we really going to do this?".
Then it was sent to the printers on April 1 and they didn't run it because they thought it was a prank.

Nairume

Banned
I've also read it, and I think it was much better than the OP is making it seem.

For what it's worth, it doesn't take place on Jakku.
One of the droids is mentioned as having fought at the battle of Jakku.

Also, while most of the philisophical shit is pretty basic, there was an interesting point the OP left out
regarding the lasting effects memory wipes have on droids and how 3PO has a tough time dealing with that

Seigyoku

If you really think this one-shot was at the level of the Jedi Prince books or Dark Saber (I THREW IT ACROSS THE ROOM) or Crystal Star...

Anyway, far more important is that it connects to a freaking LEGO short and now people are losing it and the Story Group is trolling like they do.

(Confession: I would kill to be a member of the Story Group.)

JeTmAn81

I'd been wanting to check out some of the new Star Wars comics, especially Darth Vader, so when a month sub to Marvel online comics went up for free yesterday I finally got to check out Darth Vader #1. The writing was surprisingly bad. I didn't make it through the entire issue. What a disappointment.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'd been wanting to check out some of the new Star Wars comics, especially Darth Vader, so when a month sub to Marvel online comics went up for free yesterday I finally got to check out Darth Vader #1. The writing was surprisingly bad. I didn't make it through the entire issue. What a disappointment.
This isn't the thread for that.

You should take your criticism somewhere else.

Like to your grave. :mad:

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, that Lando comic is the best of the new Marvel run. The Kanan comic ain't bad, either.

Surprisingly, I've been enjoying Obi-Wan & Anakin as well.

I'm also in the pro-Shattered Empire crowd. There's some really fantastic moments in that story, specifically Leia meeting the Queen on Naboo.

Did it live up to the hype, OP?

Honestly, I was hyped ever since the solicit for the book came out ages ago and I was told that I would finally have this burning question answered for me.

Eh, as far as sci-fantasy stories go, I think that's pretty tame. I mean, it seems bad, yes, but not really a "what the heck did I just read" level.

Oo, I didn't know that the Star Wars comics are Marvel, too. Maybe it's time to check them out.

213372bu

Banned
That story and hype over that level of tameness and clear attempts at "hitting to the base" made me cover my face and cringe

Just go back to making the stories that are interesting, like they used to with lots of the EU stuff.

If acid rain, tentacle monsters, and character tie-ins from the movie is considered "hype" I'm glad I'm off the train.

Tizoc

I am curious why anyone would care about 3PO
He whines and complains too much to be of any interest.

MechaX

That is absolutely crazy, but we're still not at Luuke, Sun Crusher, Darksaber, King Otter, Glove of Vader, Galaxy of Fear, Zombie Stormtroopers, or Hutt Sith levels of stupid.

Yet.

I've also read it, and I think it was much better than the OP is making it seem.

For what it's worth, it doesn't take place on Jakku.
One of the droids is mentioned as having fought at the battle of Jakku.

Also, while most of the philisophical shit is pretty basic, there was an interesting point the OP left out
regarding the lasting effects memory wipes have on droids and how 3PO has a tough time dealing with that

I was going to suggest this being an effect of that but it looks like they also did.

Zombine

Banned
The only content that was in this murky place was Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, and that was jettisoned into outer space while Dark Diciple is most certainly canon.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The current comics aren't even canon unless the movie directly acknowledges them. You're kidding yourself otherwise.

Well, nothing is 100% legit unless it's in a movie, but the new comics/novels are as canon as other media is going to get. The new story group have made that perfectly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom