• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping there is a content filter in this for blood/language in the multiplayer.

I don't think you need to worry about either in this. There doesn't seen to be much blood and I don't recall there being any bad language in the multi from any voices.

I'm so thrilled they didn't change the ACOG sight from the original. I much prefer the more up close zoom in on the scope. And I actually liked the fact that the outside of the scope blocked out most of the screen. To me it make it more easier to focus on my target, pretty much like the sniper scopes.

I hated it when they changed it in MW2 and kept it that way since then. But I'm glad they kept it the same for the remaster.

Is getting a $200+ SCUF controller worth for CoD4R?
I need some opinions, theres no sliding and jetpack jumping in CoD4, so Im not sure.
Would there be any advantage with a SCUF in CoD4 is what Im asking.

zsynqx

Not sure what you're seeing either.

I think it's because I put so much time into cod4 MP that any small changes seem kinda massive. Watching some more footage there are definitely noticeable differences to the original.

First, I feel the new lighting changes the look of the maps quite drastically, much more so than in the campaign. Then there's the updated ui elements, such as the killfeed and the +5/10 when you get a kill, they just don't look right to me. I'm also not a fan of the giant ass hitmarkers, which are ripped straight from AW. There are other minor things like the dual rendered scope and new ADS animations on snipers, but that probably won't be a huge deal.

So yeah, most of these changes are minor and won't matter or even be noticeable to most ppl when playing. I'll just have to get over it.

I think it's because I put so much time into cod4 MP that any small changes seem kinda massive. Watching some more footage there are definitely noticeable differences to the original.

First, I feel the new lighting changes the look of the maps quite drastically, much more so than in the campaign. Then there's the updated ui elements, such as the killfeed and the +5/10 when you get a kill, they just don't look right to me. I'm also not a fan of the giant ass hitmarkers, which are ripped straight from AW. There are other minor things like the dual rendered scope and new ADS animations on snipers, but that probably won't be a huge deal.

So yeah, most of these changes are minor and won't matter or even be noticeable to most ppl when playing. I'll just have to get over it.

I have something like 19 24hr days played in CoD4, and these are the kind of changes that I feel it needs to be fresh again. Texture and resolution updates wouldn't be enough for me to get past how horribly burnt out I was even a few years ago.

Jblanks

I have something like 19 24hr days played in CoD4, and these are the kind of changes that I feel it needs to be fresh again. Texture and resolution updates wouldn't be enough for me to get past how horribly burnt out I was even a few years ago.

I had over 50 days between PS3 and Xbox360 on CoD4, these are all welcome changes.

zsynqx

Yeah, I get that.

After I put a ton of hours into the remaster, I'll probably end up looking back and thinking it's the original version that looks off. :p

Muzicfreq

Banned
Is getting a $200+ SCUF controller worth for CoD4R?
I need some opinions, theres no sliding and jetpack jumping in CoD4, so Im not sure.
Would there be any advantage with a SCUF in CoD4 is what Im asking.

lol $200 controller..... half the price of a PS4 pro

man controllers are way overpriced

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Cannot wait for this! Pumped many days worth (30+) back on the ps3. Just beat the remaster on veteran, but damn is Mile High Club giving me fits. Came close a few times. It is 3 in the morning so I'll chalk this difficulty up to tiredness ;) Next friday cant come soon enough!

coastel

Was watching some multiplayer yesterday and it looks really good. Can't help but feel I'm gonna be slaughtered by all the people who have played these maps before until I learn them.

They did a great job with the remaster, campaign is still good but gameplay feels a lot slower and basic compared to the newer games, somewhat understandable but surprisingly
its not hooking me like I thought it would and I'm actually more interested in Infinite Warfare at this point.

As great as COD 4 was, its a 9 year old game now, just with updated graphics. Its a nice trip down memory lane and its still good but its lost some of its impact now, for me anyway.

Was watching some multiplayer yesterday and it looks really good. Can't help but feel I'm gonna be slaughtered by all the people who have played these maps before until I learn them.

Just by watching videos I'm remembering my old routes so it should all come flooding back to me soon enough.

Moozo

I dunno, this one is less getting shot in the back than all the others. The maps tend to drive face to face combat

Top Bottom