• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Xbox One BC] |OT| https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

Montresor

What's the online population??

Can people cross play with 360 players? This sounds really cool. I miss Blops 1

Yes but it's not really cross play. You're basically running an emulated Xbox 360 so you get the Xbox 360 guide, your 360 friends list, 360 achievements, 360 party chat, etc... within the XB1 ecosystem.

It's really neat. And you can take advantage of all the other XB1 OS features aka you can stream Black Ops on Twitch, take screenshots, record clips, etc...

Najaf

Just played a match and there is noticeable input lag. Hope that was more of a connection issue, but was rocking full bars. I still have my 360 and play this on occasion and it was a bit of a night and day difference. Will give it some more time, but I noticed many things that felt 'off'.

etta

my hard graphic balls
BTW WiiU version of the Black Ops is not MIA.WiiU has Wii backwards compability and Black Ops has a Wii version.So the only current-gen platform missing this masterpiece is sadly PS4.
=O,I forgot the Wii U does BC.
I only wrote that because I just copied the format from the original thread. Hmmmmm..., though I am willing to bet
with Chobel
that the Wii version is probably dead online, whereas the Xbox population has surged.

Weird going from COD on PC to Xbox. It feels like I'm playing a totally different game.

Slogging through the campaign on Veteran and having a miserable time. It's as if nobody playtested this mode; half the time I just die instantly when I come into view of an enemy.

Hell yes, one of the best FPS campaigns.

I'd like to politely disagree. The storytelling is messy at best, and it's an extremely weak setup with lots of plot threads coming out of left field. Moreover, there's a pervasive jingoistic nihilism throughout the game that every character seems to be fueled by. There's not a single character in BO1 who isn't a violence-crazed, lead-spewing maniac.

There's no rhyme or reason for any of the actions undertaken in the story. It's just an "communism bad, capitalism good" plot with Gary Oldman playing the part of your Magical Russian best friend.

Don't get me wrong; I like Black Ops a lot. Its multiplayer paved the way for Black Ops 2, and its got Zombies at its wackiest. But its plot is without a doubt its weakest asset, and the level design in the campaign is the same trashy corridor-shooting that became a running gag with series critics. Black Ops 2 is far better, but it's still full of the "America, fuck yeah" mentality and pointlessly gruesome violence that only Treyarch seems to utilize. Not one character is human; everyone is a trigger-happy psychopath.

Is there some trick to getting the DLC to show? I paid for all of it on 360 and only the first map pack is showing up on Xbox One as having been purchased. Checked Twitter and there are numerous others with the same issue :(

Najaf

Is there some trick to getting the DLC to show? I paid for all of it on 360 and only the first map pack is showing up on Xbox One as having been purchased. Checked Twitter and there are numerous others with the same issue :(

On the xbox one dash, go to games, black ops, manage game and your dlc should show up under ready to install.

Ashtar

I actually had a lot of fun with this when it dropped but I think all my progress is on ps3, I love bare bones matches, none of that kill streak bs just pure gunplay

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
What's the online population??

Can people cross play with 360 players? This sounds really cool. I miss Blops 1

Yeah bro, pretty sure some people are using Elite controllers too. I'm getting wrecked.

Poor 360 players with their fat joysticks.

I'd like to politely disagree. The storytelling is messy at best, and it's an extremely weak setup with lots of plot threads coming out of left field. Moreover, there's a pervasive jingoistic nihilism throughout the game that every character seems to be fueled by. There's not a single character in BO1 who isn't a violence-crazed, lead-spewing maniac.

There's no rhyme or reason for any of the actions undertaken in the story. It's just an "communism bad, capitalism good" plot with Gary Oldman playing the part of your Magical Russian best friend.

Don't get me wrong; I like Black Ops a lot. But its plot is without a doubt its weakest asset, and the level design in the campaign is the same trashy corridor-shooting that became a running gag with series critics. Black Ops 2 is far better, but it's still full of the "America, fuck yeah" mentality and pointlessly gruesome violence that only Treyarch seems to utilize. Not one character is human; everyone is a trigger-happy psychopath.

wonderfully put :)

Rbk_3

Just played a match and there is noticeable input lag. Hope that was more of a connection issue, but was rocking full bars. I still have my 360 and play this on occasion and it was a bit of a night and day difference. Will give it some more time, but I noticed many things that felt 'off'.

This is disappointing to hear.

This is disappointing to hear.

I've been playing all day, and I gotta say, if there's input lag, I'm not feeling it. At least, not constantly. There's a few moments I've noticed some sluggishness, but for the most part it's a really snappily handling game. I'm typically really peeved by that kind of stuff too, so it seems your mileage may vary.

Note that I'm not saying there isn't any, but from what I can tell and feel, this is a very responsive title. In fact, it's one of the best-performing games in XB1's back-compat catalogue to date.

oSoLucky

Hoping that one day companies discount their DLC along with the games. No way all the map packs combined should still be 60 USD. They should be 10 max to match the price of the game.

Yeah bro, pretty sure some people are using Elite controllers too. I'm getting wrecked.

Poor 360 players with their fat joysticks.

;)

bO1VjVG.jpg

I've been playing all day, and I gotta say, if there's input lag, I'm not feeling it. I'm typically really peeved by that kind of stuff too, so it seems your mileage may vary.

Note that I'm not saying there isn't any, but from what I can tell and feel, this is a very responsive title. In fact, it's one of the best-performing games in XB1's back-compat catalogue to date.

I agree with this post, there doesn't seem to be much input lag at all (if any). My first game back on I dropped 22-2 in TDM without having any issues.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Weird going from COD on PC to Xbox. It feels like I'm playing a totally different game.

Slogging through the campaign on Veteran and having a miserable time. It's as if nobody playtested this mode; half the time I just die instantly when I come into view of an enemy.

Don't get me wrong; I like Black Ops a lot. Its multiplayer paved the way for Black Ops 2, and its got Zombies at its wackiest. But its plot is without a doubt its weakest asset, and the level design in the campaign is the same trashy corridor-shooting that became a running gag with series critics. Black Ops 2 is far better, but it's still full of the "America, fuck yeah" mentality and pointlessly gruesome violence that only Treyarch seems to utilize. Not one character is human; everyone is a trigger-happy psychopath.
Hmmm, I remember it in the top half of shooters, and I guess recently I've been comparing CoD campaigns and for the modern ones, MW's, MW2's, and BO's are the only ones that were good for me.

Here is the splash screen of the game in case someone wants to use it as a wallpaper
I took it with with my capture card the resolution is 1920x1080

LyEh7ke.jpg

ohlawd

nice OT. gonna try and buy the game on XBL before the 23rd because that's when the sale ends. gonna be fun playing Domination by myself >_>

Nokterian

My Xbox One is due to arrive today..i still need to buy the map packs though but i think the majority here will play the OG maps and i am ok with that. Played the game a lot on PC but now it's time to play it on my new xbox one.

RedRum

Banned
Played my first game of hardcore search. Good god it was fucking good. No double jumps or crazy slide shots. Just pure fucking shooting.

I can't wait for the remaster of MW.

Played my first game of hardcore search. Good god it was fucking good. No double jumps or crazy slide shots. Just pure fucking shooting.

I can't wait for the remaster of MW.

Yes, this pleases me.

Looking at the Blops Wikia, I think I own every DLC for this game on 360, too.

Daffy Duck

Nice OT.

I wonder how long the playerbase will stay high for. Interesting to see that's for sure.

I had a real blast last night on HQ and domination. Maps are fantastic and the gameplay just feels so right.

kuYuri

Oh, now I remember why I stopped playing the MP. The networking in this game is so bad in comparison. All the later games have spoiled me with better netcode and dedicated servers.

Not to mention the other big problems I had with Black Ops.

Top Bottom