• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Borderline?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
A Call of Duty game where you're on a train from Edinburgh to Tweedbank? Sign me up!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Call of Duty: Borderline
Battlefield: Hardline

2015: Year of the Lines.

Can't wait for Tomb Raider: End of theLine

Reminded me of some of the MoH titles
3451fbca9812fb828b9807714f3379c6.png

mohpa_logo.jpg

Eh, I probably would have heard rumblings by now. Familiar with someone who has done level design for Black Ops, and pretty sure he's still with Treyarch. Not a word about anything like this.

Unkle

Huh. Didn't know Activision was interested in the "setting a barrel of money on fire" game.

I don't ever see them returning to old wars. Unless time travel becomes a plot point.

It's odd, the ubiquity of World War shooters over the past two generations ultimately drove people up the wall, but now there's some who are clambering for a next-gen one, irrespective of Wolfenstein.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's odd, the ubiquity of World War shooters over the past two generations ultimately drove people up the wall, but now there's some who are clambering for a next-gen one, irrespective of Wolfenstein.

Wolf was hardly a WWII shooter.

I'm sure that a big next-gen WW2 FPS could be a hit - they dominated the PS2 era for a reason. But Activision seems too committed to the sci-fi angle on COD to pedal backwards now.

Maybe as an off-season release? Like do World At War 2 in July, with BLOPS3 in November?

Maybe Border|Lines started as WaW2? What if the border refers to North/South Korea, and the conflict taking place in the Korean war? Perhaps this is COD's angle to really strike it big in the Asian markets.

Maybe you play as a North Korean soldier. Maybe Kotick lost the CoD rights in a Secret Illuminati Poker game against the actor that plays Kim Jung Un.

Can't imagine that WW2's still in play. After all, the kind of massive changes to the movement made in Advanced Warfare would just make the game seem like a step backwards.

I think that the best way to bring back WW2 would be for EA to rerevive the Medal of Honor franchise as a WW2 shooter.

Unkle

I'm sure that a big next-gen WW2 FPS could be a hit - they dominated the PS2 era for a reason. But Activision seems too committed to the sci-fi angle on COD to pedal backwards now.

Maybe as an off-season release? Like do World At War 2 in July, with BLOPS3 in November?

Maybe Border|Lines started as WaW2? What if the border refers to North/South Korea, and the conflict taking place in the Korean war? Perhaps this is COD's angle to really strike it big in the Asian markets.

Maybe you play as a North Korean soldier. Maybe Kotick lost the CoD rights in a Secret Illuminati Poker game against the actor that plays Kim Jung Un.

It seems as if Activision is committed to the 'quality seal' of three-year development cycles... Can't see a fully-fledged release as an off-season.

We need a Cold War one; no full-scale warfare, lots of empty threats, pencil pushing, with the odd spate of nuke button hovering. I'd be sold.

It seems as if Activision is committed to the 'quality seal' of three-year development cycles... Can't see a fully-fledged release as an off-season.

We need a Cold War one; no full-scale warfare, lots of empty threats, pencil pushing, with the odd spate of nuke button hovering. I'd be sold.

Have they ever done a direct, alt-history Cold War storyline? Set it in the 80's, but still have the Advanced Warfare tech (because "fuck it") - USA v Russia with nukes dropping like a Skrillex beat. ... I'd be interested.

Have they ever done a direct, alt-history Cold War storyline? Set it in the 80's, but still have the Advanced Warfare tech (because "fuck it") - USA v Russia with nukes dropping like a Skrillex beat. ... I'd be interested.

Blops 2 past segments were set during the Cold War. That's as close as we're gonna get to a full fledged game.

Unkle

''Press 'F' to drop the bass.''

DrRussian

I honestly just want a black ops 3 that's different but still the same. Basically I want it to be the change that MW3 was to MW2.

Duxxy3

I honestly just want a black ops 3 that's different but still the same. Basically I want it to be the change that MW3 was to MW2.

Same.

I don't want AW movement outside of AW games. If people like that movement, they can keep playing AW. Classic CoD fans need a game. They've been stuck with BO2 for years now.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

The seven year rule in full effect.

What was the last big-budget pure WW2 FPS (by that I don't include alternate history and supernatural stuff)? If you exclude parts of Black Ops and Bad Company 2, I imagine it was World at War.

I'd be down for a return to WW2.

Top Bottom