• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Review Thread | Celebrating 10 years of doody

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Honestly, it really does deserve a 6.5 seeing as how the Prestige edition doesn't come with a puppy.

Xanadu

Banned
Wrong. So wrong.

Treyarch kills in map design. Plus CoD3 has the best multiplayer out of all of them. Sadly single player in that game was the worst one, so not too many people played it.

IW ruined this game. It's now devolved into hot garbage online.

nothing beats cod1s multi, well maybe united offensive ;)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Xbone reviews embargoed until Nov 12th, but does anyone know if that includes next gen comparisons?

MW2 was good, but Black Ops' multiplayer was where it was really at. I'll gladly accept the inferior netcode for having to deal with far less terrible gameplay design (infinite grenade launchers, painkiller, stacking kill streaks, COMMANDO, etc.).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bah, gotta go to bed before reviews hit.

Should be interesting to see. I've felt that 2013 would be the start of CoD's slip (although obviously reviews have nothing to do with sales).

Phatmac

Hey guys, sorry to break it to you but COD will sell gangbusters like it always has. Anyway, the worst part about each new IW developed COD game is the fact that they remove features that Treyarch added in their own COD game. Ghosts not having custom emblem makers and other stuff is a bummer.

frontovik

Banned
Hmm, so it's quite underwhelming according to reviewers? I've been thinking about purchasing a copy for the PC, but I think I'll wait until a sale.

NateDrake

Hey, did you know there's tons of countries out there not called America?

Shocking I know!

Did you know CoD sells about 70% of its WW sales in places called America?

Shocking I know!

Point is: who cares if 2.5k are online right now. Give the game a few hrs to let people buy the damn thing.

okayfrog

Banned
MW2 was good, but Black Ops was where it was really at.

Black Ops is highly overrated, imo. So many things awful about its campaign. Yeah, it had a better story, but it still wasn't anything great and it was presented MUCH worse than MW2's story. In an FPS like CoD, why would you ever leave the first person view? Kills all immersion. Then there were things like having to press forward to go in the jet -- but wait, don't, because eventually it'll do it for you. Too damn many vehicle segments as well and the ending was pretty dang crummy.

Hey guys, sorry to break it to you but COD will sell gangbusters like it always has. Anyway, the worst part about each new IW developed COD game is the fact that they remove features that Treyarch added in their own COD game. Ghosts not having custom emblem makers and other stuff is a bummer.

Zombies was a great addition. Too bad IW keeps ignoring it. Until now at least with that aliens stuff. I'm interested to see that.

Frolow

Banned
78387-Dis-gon-b-gud-gif--This-is-gon-sWM8.gif

a916

They showed that off during the MP reveal back in August.

They don't "remove" features, they add IW features... just like Treyarch doesn't remove IW features... they just both ignore what each other does (which is a detriment to the series)

gribbles

Banned
As overjoyed as I am at seeing at this series finally getting the treatment it deserves, this won't make any discernible difference. It'll still sell like hotcakes.

Heck, Bobby K. could take a dump in a brown paper bag, slap the CoD label on it, and it would still break sales records.

Are PS4 reviews coming?

The game shipped today either way :p
Yes, reviews for all platforms hit at midnight, except for xbone which comes 11/12 due to 720p.

As overjoyed as I am at seeing at this series finally getting the treatment it deserves, this won't make any discernible difference. It'll still sell like hotcakes.

Heck, Bobby K. could take a dump in a brown paper bag, slap the CoD label on it, and it would still break sales records.
Stop giving him ideas.

Did you know CoD sells about 70% of its WW sales in places called America?

Shocking I know!

Point is: who cares if 2.5k are online right now. Give the game a few hrs to let people buy the damn thing.

The point is, it's usually much busier than this in past releases. Don't forget about that other 30%.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You wanna talk bad, let's talk MW3. Completely forgettable and bland. I don't even remember enjoying the multi all that much.

SeanNaess

Neo Member
Wrong. So wrong.

Treyarch kills in map design. Plus CoD3 has the best multiplayer out of all of them. Sadly single player in that game was the worst one, so not too many people played it.

IW ruined this game. It's now devolved into hot garbage online.

I love CoD 3 multiplayer. Simple pick up and play fun. No fiddling around with annoying load outs and perks. Good times!

okayfrog

Banned
You wanna talk bad, let's talk MW3. Completely forgettable and bland. I don't even remember enjoying the multi all that much.

MW3's multiplayer was so enjoyable due to support killstreaks. Loved the fact that I could keep dying and still end up with flak jackets and whatnot.

cafemomo

Last cowadoody I truly enjoyed was WaW.

But ghost looks kinda interesting. I don't usually trust any reviews but I'm curious to see the opinion on this

Black Ops is highly overrated, imo. So many things awful about its campaign. Yeah, it had a better story, but it still wasn't anything great and it was presented MUCH worse than MW2's story. In an FPS like CoD, why would you ever leave the first person view? Kills all immersion. Then there were things like having to press forward to go in the jet -- but wait, don't, because eventually it'll do it for you. Too damn many vehicle segments as well and the ending was pretty dang crummy.

I agree, I enjoyed MW2's campaign way more. It's just that I play Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, and I much prefer Black Ops on that fron.

Duxxy3

The last level saves the game. So ridiculous and over the top, I loved it.

edit: polygon's review just went private - oh shit

Jarmel

Banned
MW2 was good, but Black Ops' multiplayer was where it was really at. I'll gladly accept the inferior netcode for having to deal with far less terrible gameplay design (infinite grenade launchers, painkiller, stacking kill streaks, COMMANDO, etc.).

This is the truth. BO1 was the best since COD4.

The Lamp

maybe some bad review scores or sales hits will eventually cause Activision to put some effort into this series for once in many years.

but actually the way Activision usually reacts to things that stop selling due to bad reception is to just can the IP and do something else instead.

I'm okay with either one actually.

Phatmac

They showed that off during the MP reveal back in August.

They don't "remove" features, they add IW features... just like Treyarch doesn't remove IW features... they just both ignore what each other does (which is a detriment to the series)
Sorry, haven't been paying much attention to Ghosts since IW's making it. I just wish both devs could work together and try to make the best game possible. Stuff like theater mode, Esports vids, Emblem Maker and more features are just taken away without any improvements until Treyarch makes another COD game next year. I'm also bummed that Spec Ops isn't coming back. I prefer that over Zombies.

Top Bottom