• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare + COD 4: Remastered - Official screenshots

Gurish

Those gifs are astonishing. COD might not be the graphical forerunner or anything but how anyone can say with a straight face that "they all look the same" is beyond me.

As an aside, I'm actually kind of impressed with how well the 2007 graphics hold up. Not really bad looking by any measure, looks perfectly clean and functional.

It doesn't really hold up, those gifs are very favorable toward the original release, you can see how big the gap is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTCBpQijBo

Tugatrix

Can't wait to play this mission in the remastered version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK6bhW18T6I

giphy.gif

brofist.gif

lock and load my G36C, I'm surgical with it

They said so themselves. They could tweak minor stuff such as the M40A3 ACOG glitch, but I wouldn't expect much more.

What other things do you think were unbalanced? M16 was fine IMO, best AR in the game but MP shooters usually have a favourite.

I personally (and again, just my opinion) though the M16, AK47 and AK74u (throw in G3 if you're like me and like semi-auto's) were so good that no other weapon was really needed. The 3 frags and stopping power were also pretty weak. Quickscoping (aim assit/bullet magnetism whatever) was far too easy and prevalent and once mastered you could decimate other teams.

I feel some small tweaks are needed... esp to the sniping, 3-frags and m16.

Remaster looks great and I like the look of the new game too, I expected something slightly futuristic again like Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 but didn't expect full on Sci-Fi, in space, this could be pretty cool.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just to make sure I'm on the same page.

Generic and uninteresting:

Bastion of originality, creativity, and true art:

I can kind of get the first complaint, but like, really? Call of Duty 4 was a lot of fun, but the setting is as bog standard as it gets.

Not when it first came out. COD4 was the OG modern warfare simulator. Since then yes, the genre has become incredibly overdone, but it was still innovative when it came out.

RedSwirl

Just realized why I actually like the aesthetic of Infinite Warfare and possibly also Advanced Warfare and Black Ops III -- it seems to crib from Mamoru Oshii, the rest of Head Gear, and Masamume Shirow. It looks like the closest we'll get to a Patlabor or Appleseed shooter with high-end graphics.

Epcott

I'm both excited and frightened to get the IW & MW:R package...

Excited to play a COD that's sci-fi with space flight and possibly have freedom to fly and go where I want, which is what I always imagined and hoped Halo/Destiny would be like. Excited to play MW again with the same wonder I had when I first played it.

Frightened that IW will NOT give the freedom I want, that all the crap from the trailer was scripted and it's more of the same "Walk, shoot, set-piece... Walk, shoot, set-piece..." and that in 5 months the MP will be empty because it's "Too different" from previous COD and also due to everyone too busy playing MW:R MP.

I'm both excited and frightened to get the IW & MW:R package...

Excited to play a COD that's sci-fi with space flight and possibly have freedom to fly and go where I want, which is what I always imagined and hoped Halo/Destiny would be like. Excited to play MW again with the same wonder I had when I first played it.

Frightened that IW will NOT give the freedom I want, that all the crap from the trailer was scripted and it's more of the same "Walk, shoot, set-piece... Walk, shoot, set-piece..." and that in 5 months the MP will be empty because it's "Too different" from previous COD and also due to everyone too busy playing MW:R MP.

You really shouldn't expect a lot of freedom as Treyarch took a lot of criticism for attempting to give more freedom in how you handled things which ended up watering down the traditional CoD experience in the eyes of many. IW have said that this is going to be tighter and more like what you expect from CoD.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You really shouldn't expect a lot of freedom as Treyarch took a lot of criticism for attempting to give more freedom in how you handled things which ended up watering down the traditional CoD experience in the eyes of many. IW have said that this is going to be tighter and more like what you expect from CoD.
There are optional missions and such. That's a pretty big deal for freedom in CoD.

There are optional missions and such. That's a pretty big deal for freedom in CoD.

True, but I believe that you have to specifically select those missions when you're back at the Retribution similarly to how you could select those Strikeforce missions in Black Ops 2. So it's not a situation where you're going to be going through a mission and see a quest market off in the distance where you could go off and complete it and come back.

deburo

Neo Member
Why does it feel generic?

I'll try to do my best to explain. For starters, the recent CODs evoked in me an impression similar to what I get from looking at Japanese stuff. It looks too clean and shiny. Too simple.

The guy in the navy suit looks like the typical american soldier featured in every patriotic american war movies I've seen. When I see that guy and how he is presented to us, I instantly get the impression that he'll be a perfectly righteous, perfectly uninteresting soldier who just can't do no wrong. He will probably face a perfectly evil and equally as uninteresting opponent too. They just don't look like normal human beings. They look like puppets, put in a world where things are either black or white.

I've played AW and BO3's campaigns, and I feel like they were featuring similar visuals, as if they were set in the same universe. IW just continues with the theme, and since I haven't felt particularly good about the previous games, I can't get excited for IW.

The most memorable moments I keep from COD4/6 happened with the SAS crew. There's of course certain set-pieces with the USMC that were also memorable, but I can't remind of any names from that team. The lack of british protags in the recent CODs leaves me disappointed everytime, but I doubt I'd even find them enjoyable if they were there, given that they would probably spout as equally boring dialogue as did the american characters.

Top Bottom