• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Just looking at Best Buy preorders and I figure I'd ask if anyone had any opinions on the Japanese games coming out?

Nights of Azure
The Witch and the Hundred Knight
7th Dragon
Langrisser
Stranger of Sword City
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Grand Kingdom

Are these mostly trash games...? I probably would have preordered them unconditionally before the price increase, but now not so much.

Nights of Azure - Want it, but too much for me atm, even with the discount, lol
The Witch and the Hundred Knight - Well it's a remake of the PS3 game. Never played it.
7th Dragon - Heard good things... maybe?
Langrisser - Would be interested, but since I'll have Fire Emblem, going to pass on this type of game
Stranger of Sword City - Really interested. Seems like a really good dungeon crawler
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies - I pass on anything Neptunia. Never played them so I won't comment.
Grand Kingdom - LE preordered!

The list though, NISA is on fire.

UberTag

I'm finding it difficult to blind commit money on any new pre-orders this week.
20% off $79.99 is still too rich for me.

If the E3 deals this year are better... so be it. If not, I'm not losing sleep over not getting any of these titles Day 1.

theRizzle

NEW DEAL

hbaIlpT.jpg

Anyone want me to grab them any?? Only like 5 of each here!

Sora_N

Since games are so expensive I don't mind buying digital at plus discount anymore if I have to wait that long. I want nights of azure but March is another expensive month. So is April

Grimsen

got my TE2 and TES+ last night, got em working on PC with SFV ... (also played some Infamous on PS4) and they're working beautifully. Glad I decided to keep em - still wish I had matching sticks though.

From Amazon? Might i ask when you ordered?

Thanks!

CRA5H

Damnit Canada Post.
Missed the delivery for my order and now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up?

I can't believe I'm saying this but they need to learn from Purolator/UPS and have the option to pick up the parcel when the truck returns to the closest warehouse.

Luigi87

Damnit Canada Post.
Missed the delivery for my order and now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up?

I can't believe I'm saying this but they need to learn from Purolator/UPS and have the option to pick up the parcel when the truck returns to the closest warehouse.

That's something that always bothers me about Canada Post.
Like my local pick-up is the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart. Their Post Office is open until the store closes (or at least 8pm). The info-notice has a mention for "Today after 1800" (6PM) yet they always default to Tomorrow after 1300 (1PM).

Maximus.

Are those really deals, though?

I mean, when I think of a deals thread, I think... "hey guys, this is a product I got for an amazing price and I wanted to let you know about it so you could take advantage of it too". Like that awesome dude who clued in me to that bargain-priced vacuum cleaner during Black Friday.

I don't think of "hey, look at this amazing 'deal' that only I got and you can't get because I scammed this ill-trained outsourced minimum wage Amazon rep to give me an additional 30% discount on top of this existing deal that they were already taking a loss on - I bet you wish you were me but you're not so ha ha".

There are deals that everyone can partake in that retailers are consciously advertising and then there is exploiting a broken system that will only do the retailer harm and is purely being done to brag and not help anyone.

Exactly. To promote this behavior is what leads to stricter policy or rethinking sale deals from these companies. No point in abusing what is real good already to potentially lose it in the future. Getting a mistake is not a deal.

Clive

Just looking at Best Buy preorders and I figure I'd ask if anyone had any opinions on the Japanese games coming out?

Nights of Azure
7th Dragon
Langrisser
Stranger of Sword City
Grand Kingdom

Are these mostly trash games...? I probably would have preordered them unconditionally before the price increase, but now not so much.

Langrisser is apparently one to stay far away from.
langrisser-3.gif

The Neptunia RPGs are pretty terrible but I don't know about the beat 'am ups. Some also say The Witch and the Hundred Knight was really bad on the PS3 but I haven't played it myself. The rest should be OK.

ohlawd

Nights of Azure
7th Dragon
Langrisser
Stranger of Sword City
Grand Kingdom

Aren't those all trash 'cept 7th Dragon?

Nights of Azure
7th Dragon
Langrisser
Stranger of Sword City
Grand Kingdom

If you're on the fence, you should avoid all those "trash" games BUT 7th dragon seems interesting?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone losing their mind over the Fates SE and I gave mine to my friend. Realistically, I realized I wasn't gonna have time to replay the game three times.

justinluey

Neo Member
For anyone who received an email from Best Buy about a delay on the Street Fighter V Collector's Edition, mine arrived today, and they just reshipped the box from Capcom, so the condition should be good.

Firestorm

Where you staying in socal?
Swapping between friends' places in Culver City and El Segundo.
Everyone losing their mind over the Fates SE and I gave mine to my friend. Realistically, I realized I wasn't gonna have time to replay the game three times.
I have three copies coming in that friends have claimed. Huge thanks to the people in this thread that keep us all updated. Without you guys there's no way I'd have got 'em nor the Pokemon 3DS. Unfortunately they all arrive after I leave so I won't be able to get it to them until after the weekend...

Quadratic

That's something that always bothers me about Canada Post.
Like my local pick-up is the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart. Their Post Office is open until the store closes (or at least 8pm). The info-notice has a mention for "Today after 1800" (6PM) yet they always default to Tomorrow after 1300 (1PM).

It's probably a busy location like my shoppers postal outlet. You can't get the package until one of the clerks scans the item again for pick up.

My shoppers usually has long lines which cuts into their scanning time. My door tags always say after 1 the following day too. I had my Project x Zone 2 scanned at 11am on Wednesday even though I'm certain it was dropped off the postal outlet the previous afternoon after the failed delivery.

bryt

Nights of Azure
7th Dragon
Langrisser
Stranger of Sword City
Grand Kingdom

Not worth it until the price drops to $25 or less.

Ryde3

It's crazy that they're honoring that obvious price error.

Amazon always honors their errors, they are almost the only place I shop outside of clothing.

I snagged one of each, but really with I had matching sticks. Anyone wanna swap their TE2 for my TES+? Or perhaps vice versa?

edit: I'm in Toronto

Amazon always honors their errors, they are almost the only place I shop outside of clothing.

I snagged one of each, but really with I had matching sticks. Anyone wanna swap their TE2 for my TES+? Or perhaps vice versa?

edit: I'm in Toronto

You meant TE2+ right?

I bought the TE2 last July. Bought two of the TE2+ with the intent of one going to my younger brother. But he decided he'd take my TE2 instead. That being said, I don't plan on having them match for long. I want to mod one of them with some new art work and fancy lights!!!

This just seemed too cool to pass up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KqsjyrizY

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My order was grouped together with Dark Souls 3 (yikes!) but I talked to a CSR about it and Amazon gave me priority shipping on the item. My status currently says shipping today.
No dice with CSR rep here, they just told me it's out of stock now.

=/

EDIT: It just changed back to "Preparing for Shipment." Hopefully this is good.

Wedge7

Thanks for whoever mentioned the Microsoft Store gift card thing. I figured they would probably be all sold out, but I was in the mall today and decided to just check. I actually felt like an idiot as I sorta had a brainfart and was checking the Xbox giftcards and reading the backs, and then remembered "Oh right, Steam cards, not Xbox". It was actually pretty hard to find, though part of that can be attributed to me just not looking too carefully. Makes sense that they would be near the laptops and not the gaming stuff. Saw a huge rack of $50's, and checked the back and sure enough, they had the "USD funds will be added to your account" line on the back.

I bought around $1000, could have easily grabbed some more but I realized that it was probably good for now. I didnt see any of the $20's but still loads of the $50's left over. When I was scanning them in, the cashier kinda laughed and mentioned how they have been selling a lot the past few days due to the essentially extra $20. Not re-selling these or anything, already loaded them all onto my Steam account. It'll probably last me a few years.

Ryde3

You meant TE2+ right?

I bought the TE2 last July. Bought two of the TE2+ with the intent of one going to my younger brother. But he decided he'd take my TE2 instead. That being said, I don't plan on having them match for long. I want to mod one of them with some new art work and fancy lights!!!

This just seemed too cool to pass up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KqsjyrizY

I did mean TE2+, and that is really cool! haha

zroid

Banned
Fucking Amazon. Ship my god damn Fire Emblem!

this is looking bleak. not even any sign that they're planning to ship it any time soon. I bet they're waiting till PoPoLoCrois comes out (on March 1st!!!)

SHIT!

Quick

Banned
Oh Yeah!!

nAvyak9.png

cB84CTD.png

:(

Are you in the GTA? You might get lucky and it may end up being delivered by tomorrow.

Almost everytime an order of mine ships on a Thursday, Amazon tells me that it'll be delivered by Monday. But I end up getting it on Friday anyway.

Edit: I guess this applies to any area with an Amazon warehouse nearby.

Aerocia

Looks like I forgot to cancel SFV and Fire Emblem from Amazon. How do I go about sending them back?

There should be a Return button next to the item in your order history. You'll pay a couple of dollars for a slip that you can print out and send back through Canada Post.

Looks like I forgot to cancel SFV and Fire Emblem from Amazon. How do I go about sending them back?

Easiest way? Refusing shipping. It'll bounce back to them and you'll be refunded.

There should be a Return button next to the item in your order history. You'll pay a couple of dollars for a slip that you can print out and send back through Canada Post.

Never do that. If you want to track it with a shipping label, contact chat and tell them you'd like to send it back as you found it locally before it arrived. It won't cost you a thing that way.

MarkusRJR

Ugh, I really want to get the 20% off discount on Zelda but I preordered every game I want on Amazon's 30% off E3 sale. I kind of want to get Quantum Break (because I looooove Alan Wake) or SMT x FE but I dunno, it's still honestly a ton of money. Are there any good cheap games available for pre-order beyond Mighty No. 9 and Mega Man Legacy Collection?

Also, does anyone know what happens when you cancel a pre-order on one of these deals? For example, if I changed my mind and cancelled the second game after receiving Zelda, would I get charged for the extra 20%?

EDIT: Apparently my FE: Fates SE updated to say it will arrive earliest by Feb. 23. What the fuck... I thought Best Buy was supposed to be the faster shipper?

Ugh, I really want to get the 20% off discount on Zelda but I preordered every game I want on Amazon's 30% off E3 sale. I kind of want to get Quantum Break (because I looooove Alan Wake) or SMT x FE but I dunno, it's still honestly a ton of money. Are there any good cheap games available for pre-order beyond Mighty No. 9 and Mega Man Legacy Collection?

Also, does anyone know what happens when you cancel a pre-order on one of these deals? For example, if I changed my mind and cancelled the second game after receiving Zelda, would I get charged for the extra 20%?

Your Zelda would ship at the 20% discount. You won't have to pay that back if you cancel the second game. Just pick a game that releases after it.

Luigi87

Well my Fates SE is "Being shipped today" (after I spoke to a nice CSR earlier today)

My TE2+ just changed to Preparing for shipment, which is better than Not Shipped Yet.

Are you in the GTA? You might get lucky and it may end up being delivered by tomorrow.

Almost everytime an order of mine ships on a Thursday, Amazon tells me that it'll be delivered by Monday. But I end up getting it on Friday anyway.

Edit: I guess this applies to any area with an Amazon warehouse nearby.

I'm near Montréal. It's 50-50 when they ship on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom