• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... fantastic. Thanks, seems like I gotta do that too.

My copies just shipped and I'm supposed to get them tomorrow. To anyone with an e3 order that says shipping Jan 7 2017 contact amazon support. Their system seemed to default to that date for any games with an unspecified release date before the new year.

Jinto

It's official - Canada Post lost Digimon Story.

kwu7yon.png

Debating whether I should get Best Buy to send me another one or not. I won't be able to play it for awhile anyway, so I'll probably wait for it to go down in price. Watch it become really rare or something,

Hopefully this doesn't happen to your guys' FE: Special Edition orders.

jred2k

kwu7yon.png

Debating whether I should get Best Buy to send me another one or not. I won't be able to play it for awhile anyway, so I'll probably wait for it to go down in price. Watch it become really rare or something,

You wouldn't really be "re-sent" one. You'd have to re-order, but there would be no issue getting the price from the original order honoured.

WEGGLES

Any chance of Shoppers carrying Fire Emblem Fates tomorrow?

I have a bunch of points and am between jobs... I wanna play, but don't want to pay.

You wouldn't really be "re-sent" one. You'd have to re-order, but there would be no issue getting the price from the original order honoured.

Yeah, this! Happened to Trails of Cold Steel for me! The original package did eventually find its way to me though....

Either way, when I called them they were nice enough to let me order the same thing and then they added a credit on the order that's to be added once it ships? Something like that!

Jinto

Just finished calling every EB Games in the city to see if any of them received extra copies of the Fire Emblem SE. No luck. :/

Just finished calling every EB Games in the city to see if any of them received extra copies of the Fire Emblem SE. No luck. :/

Yeah I wouldn't count on anybody getting extras.

If anyone in this thread is thinking about driving around the city looking for one tomorrow I'd suggest...not bothering with that haha.

Jinto

Yeah I wouldn't count on anybody getting extras.

If anyone in this thread is thinking about driving around the city looking for one tomorrow I'd suggest...not bothering with that haha.

Ya, and on the off chance they did, I'm sure the staff would snatch them up.

Didn't think it would work, but I'm desperate. lol

Ya, and on the off chance they did, I'm sure the staff would snatch them up.

Didn't think it would work, but I'm desperate. lol

Yeah I getcha. It's really too bad Nintendo isn't at least offering a regular version of all three games on a cart. I'm getting really tired of how Nintendo SEs are handled.

kwu7yon.png

UPS is shipping my FEF: SE. Hopefully they don't mess it up.

Two codes. I got two different emails from Amazon tonight.

One for a theme and another for add on content.

My PXZ2 got shipped out today (late because of Fire Emblem) and I don't think I've received any dlc email... should I contact Amazon about this now or wait a while?

frequency

My PXZ2 got shipped out today (late because of Fire Emblem) and I don't think I've received any dlc email... should I contact Amazon about this now or wait a while?

I'm not sure.
Mine shipped February 10 and I didn't get the codes until tonight. So more than a week later.

Renewed

If you haven't placed any orders, Best Buy's 20% off 2 or more preorders ends in 3 hours.

In other news, my Fates SE from amazon shipped and will be going to the post office because I won't be home tomorrow. Apparently Conquest shipped from Best Buy so I have to return that too...

chrono01

I received my Project x Zone 2 codes around an hour ago. I didn't even know I was eligible for anything, they must have added it after I pre-ordered. It came as a pleasant surprise! I hope you guys receive yours soon.

Also EB, please ship my Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition.

ahdurian

Hey how many copies do you have...??? You still got one for me Saturday, don't you???

yeah

i had the one i ordered from myself off Amazon, and the one I was going to sell to you that was supposed to be my brother's, but he doesn't want it anymore

and today i just got an e-mail from GS saying that i have one shipped from them, which is the one i forgot to cancel. i only orderd this one because i didn't think I'd be able to get one from Amazon/EB/BB, but turns out I was wrong and then just forgot to cancel it

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
yeah

i had the one i ordered from myself off Amazon, and the one I was going to sell to you that was supposed to be my brother's, but he doesn't want it anymore

and today i just got an e-mail from GS saying that i have one shipped from them, which is the one i forgot to cancel. i only orderd this one because i didn't think I'd be able to get one from Amazon/EB/BB, but turns out I was wrong and then just forgot to cancel it

Whew! Thanks for the update!

yeah

Whew! Thanks for the update!

Friendship saved!

yay! :D

Murdamonk

Yay! Got my two TE2+ and my TES+ from Amazon. :)

Received my SFV copy from Best buy too... But still have received the dlc pre-order code..

Had someone received his pre-ordered dlc code from best buy yet?

Renewed

"Only" $65? smh better off buying this copy with the amiibo included.

Is that what retail is going to cost without the amiibo?

...wait, is there even a retail version without the amiibo?

Not yet at least. They should split it from the Wolf Link amiibo at one point.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can't believe I'm going to get a FE Fates Special Edition after having abandoned all hope.

ahdurian the real MVP if everything goes according to keikaku.

Fularu

Banned
Context. A screenshot with the caption "don't hate" is vastly different from the same screenshot with the caption "omg I can't believe I got this".

Post whatever you want. Just don't be a douche about it.

I guess the word "context' completely eludes you.

Hint, the caption was intentionnaly playfull following the debacle from a few days ago where people were litterally hating and calling out someone for getting sticks 30% less than intended.

Anyway this thread has turned beyond sour. Whenever someone gets a great deal I'm happy for them, I hardly care about how they got it since I believe haggling and trying (through legitimate means) to get a good deal is beyond fair trade... Hell you'd never catch someone buying a computer, furniture, home appliances, a house or a condo, a car or even clothes without trying to get a better deal.

So yeah, as you so eloquently said, get a clue about the "context", because it matters.

Banned
Got a email from Amazon saying they finally have a ship date for my SFV copy!!! :D

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 17, 2015 (Order# 702-8748210-3206658). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition"
Estimated arrival date: Unknown

...D:
Maybe they're waiting for Capcom to actually finish the game and patch in the modes before sending you the game? That's good customer service. Amazon cares. Lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Of course these clowns are shipping the Fates SE to my house after calling them to specifically deliver it to a different address. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom