• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Teases New DL Game, Biggest Wii 3rd Party Game Push, More West Games Than Ever

mmxzero

Aru said:
Yes, I need some Megaman X9. And please be as good as MMX1.
I came at just the thought, this and Strider would be fantastic. Think I'm gonna preorder MHTri too and give the series a shot, too good of a deal not to. Damn I love Capcom :lol

sohois said:
But how will Capcom do any better? 2 and 4 both sucked. Kamiya was the reason it was good, a third party western dev has just as much chance of making a good entry as Capcom do.
Yeah, Kamiya's work on DMC3 is incredibly apparent. Would have sucked without him!

ArjanN

sohois said:
But how will Capcom do any better? 2 and 4 both sucked. Kamiya was the reason it was good, a third party western dev has just as much chance of making a good entry as Capcom do.

DMC4 did not suck.

It's was just SS-rank compared to DMC3's SSS-rank.

Sadist

AniHawk said:
In a good way because it's so bad. I don't remember the last "dressup as a western version of a japanese character" commercial.
Yeah, the retro feel is pretty cool. Plus, I'm a sucker for the accent :p Makes me laugh :lol

TreIII

Good to hear that TvC was considered a success. SRK Haters and the like be damned. :lol

Any way...we really need to hear about X9 some time soon. Been way too long since we've visited X and pals.

Hell, for that matter, what happened to "Megaman Scramble Battle" for Wii? :lol :lol

Man he didn't say that TvC was a success he said Capcom's "not dissatisfied with the sales" which isn't high praise at all. If they actually felt good about how it was doing the guy would use more positive language.

He also says "And I think the fighting community is what has driven that far more than the Wii community at large." So he's saying the game not being a flop on the Wii it is in spite of being on the Wii. So don't look forward to more Wii Vs games based on what this guy is saying.

Eteric Rice

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Man he didn't say that TvC was a success he said Capcom's "not dissatisfied with the sales" which isn't high praise at all. If they actually felt good about how it was doing the guy would use more positive language.

He also says "And I think the fighting community is what has driven that far more than the Wii community at large." So he's saying the game not being a flop on the Wii it is in spite of being on the Wii. So don't look forward to more Wii Vs games based on what this guy is saying.

*sigh*

Lazy vs Crazy said:

Ok, Debbie Downer.

jman2050

Lazy vs Crazy said:

What the hell is wrong with you?

I bet he's hinting at 3rd Strike with GGPO.

You look at the success they have had in the digital download sector. It's been hit or miss, with one exception: Online fighting games. I think they mentioned before how MvC2 far exceeded their expectations.

3rd Strike is the next logical step, as technically it has/had a larger fan base than even Marvel (that was, until SF4 migrated that base).

It's going to happen one way or another, it's just a matter of when.

Oh and here's the amazing part. The CPS3 Street Fighter games including 3rd Strike already have widescreen support built in. They would translate beautifully to the online services.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Arpharmd B said:
I bet he's hinting at 3rd Strike with GGPO.

You look at the success they have had in the digital download sector. It's been hit or miss, with one exception: Online fighting games. I think they mentioned before how MvC2 far exceeded their expectations.

3rd Strike is the next logical step, as technically it has/had a larger fan base than even Marvel (that was, until SF4 migrated that base).

It's going to happen one way or another, it's just a matter of when.

Oh and here's the amazing part. The CPS3 Street Fighter games including 3rd Strike already have widescreen support built in. They would translate beautifully to the online services.
While I agree this would be logical, they were talking about how they didn't want to overload these services with fighting games.

If it is this, I imagine it might be a while before we see it.

Top Bottom