• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld Becomes the Biggest 3rd Party Game Pass Launch Ever - More than 7 Million Players

Stuart360

Why MS didn't / doesn't lock this on Xbox like Sony does is beyond me.

They wanted hardware and gamepass sales..... but they are not willing to do anything to this hit game before it becomes bigger than fortnight.

Nope.. just gonna watch like idiots and see it slipping away.
I dont think its as easy as that, especially now the game has blown up.
Both sides will want to see how big and l;engthy its success is before any real negotiations happen, if they even happen at all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
These guys have a good sense of humor about it, at least.

uYBg5Ui.jpg

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Why MS didn't / doesn't lock this on Xbox like Sony does is beyond me.

They wanted hardware and gamepass sales..... but they are not willing to do anything to this hit game before it becomes bigger than fortnight.

Nope.. just gonna watch like idiots and see it slipping away.

Why do they need to lock anything down?
Chances of it being anywhere near as big as Fortnite long term aren’t exactly bright, and if it truly were likely to hit that milestone, you have to imagine that it would cost a significant amount of money to lock it down as an exclusive, considering the large userbase on other consoles. There’s better use $100+ million could be put towards.

They’ve already lucked into the best possible outcome, and it’s probably already driving GP engagement numbers up plus a (likely small) positive impact on console sales.

Top Bottom