• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teases new PS4 game

Ganondorfo

So many pages on this thread, this means the announcement is going to be something big and not some announcement to mobile. I expect a new Devil May Cry.

Dahbomb

1. They'll find a way to screw it up.

2. I wouldn't call 4 nero's game since we didn't learn anything about him. Vergil is dead after 1 why can't people accept that.

3. What story can possibly be used for a guy that has no interests other power?
Vergil is as dead and alive as Capcom want him to be just like Wesker.

As far as #3 goes, that's why you give him more motivations for a whole game. More goals, more character development and all at the same time confirm Nero's backstory.

Akiller

Dahbomb,a game with Sparda main character which tell us the story of His rebellion against demons,His fight against Mundus and How he met Eva would be good.
It would be a sort of reboot-new start but without abandoning the original DMC brand.

But i want to know more about Nero,DMC4 kinda started a new storyline.

As for characters,what i was trying to explain is very hard to design a character action game with 2 "full" characters without, by "full" i mean with a rich set of weapons and moves. Nero had just one weapon and only the Devil Bringer "style",Vergil just 3 weapons and 1 style, better situation for Dante who maintained his styles+switchable feature but with less weapons than DMC3.
I appreciated the introduction of Nero but that brought some sacrificie. The best,imho, would have been a DMC4 totally focused on Nero and Dante as unlockable character.

Ah, I understand.

But I still disagree with that, though I see where you're coming from. I think that DMC4 Dante represents several games' worth of polish on a particular combat paradigm, whereas Nero represents a fresh start that discards some of what's built up on Dante in order to rethink some of the fundamentals

DMC4 Nero is more interesting than DMC1 Dante as far as gameplay depth is concerned, for example, but I consider them both to be roughly equivalent as starting points. Give Nero a sequel and maybe he'll jump up to DMC3 level of variety. His moveset with just one weapon and just one gun is already incredibly versatile, whereas DMC4 Dante is very close to the peak of what that character is capable of (and is awesome).

I consider Nero's fundamentals to be solid enough (and DMC3 Vergil's, though I'd give both of their Styles (by which I'm talking about the circle-button's action, not the phantom swords stuff that effectively counts as Vergil's gun) a bit of a rework to make them deeper and more interesting. Giving Nero's Buster move some additional flexibility with just-frame timing (like allowing it to function as a parry if you time it perfectly) would be huge, for example, and that's before even getting into giving him additional weapons.

I think you're believing that combat quality is a matter of budgeting - and it's true that that's a thing as far as playtesting is concerned, sure. But just look at the much greater number of deep, well-designed characters you'll find in a high-quality fighting game. That part isn't expensive to do. The main reason Nero lacks depth compared to Dante in DMC4 is because, for Nero, it's effectively his first game.

Neo_G can direct DMC5 himself, Itsuno should work on Dragon's Dogma 2.
Yeah, no.

Kuja9001

Banned
Vergil is as dead and alive as Capcom want him to be just like Wesker.

As far as #3 goes, that's why you give him more motivations for a whole game. More goals, more character development and all at the same time confirm Nero's backstory.

I agree. They did confirm the son thing in an art book sometime ago.

Gbraga

Uncle Dante is best Dante in every possible aspect. Style switching is possibly the most fun thing I've ever encountered on a character action game.

I really hope they keep it for DMC5.

I still need to test that style switching DMC3 mod.

Seyavesh

dmc5 starring wesker is the obvious answer here. how did wesker even get into the dmc universe? who knows let's go with 'that's what uroboros really is because why not'

in reality this is gonna turn out to be something really wack like an ios game on ps4.

dmc5 starring wesker is the obvious answer here. how did wesker even get into the dmc universe? who knows let's go with 'that's what uroboros really is because why not'

If RE5 and MvC3 are any indication, a character action game starring Wesker would be stylish as fuck.

Just thought, I wonder if SSM are going to announce a new GoW in a completely new setting and main character.

A teaser for that must be coming soon.

Jawmuncher

If RE5 and MvC3 are any indication, a character action game starring Wesker would be stylish as fuck.

That's what Itsuno team really needs to work on.
Whole new spin off series for RE that can have huge sells and gameplay wise please DMC fans.

Just thought, I wonder if SSM are going to announce a new GoW in a completely new setting and main character.

A teaser for that must be coming soon.

I would think so at the PLaystation Experience.
You know there going to be at least one new big game shown there.

Squishy3

in reality this is gonna turn out to be something really wack like an ios game on ps4.
i would be 100% ok with wesker somehow ending up in dmc

Renekton

I should mention that in the same timeframe, DMC4 jumped up another 100,000 in sales, and is now sitting at 2.9million. An all-time series high.

And the DMC series was listed as one of the IP pillars in their latest financial broadcasts.

While the DmC series hasn't surpassed the 2 million benchmark yet, the DMC series certainly has.
That's like saying if Amazing Spiderman bombed, going back to Raimi would ensure success. We're not even sure if the poor sales is attributed to hardcore fan outcry or just general consumer disinterest in the franchise.

No it just means that DmC is done. DMC is still alive and can break 2 million, I will personally guarantee it.
Personal guarantee means you buy all of Capcom's unsold physical copies if DMC5 bombs? :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's like saying if Amazing Spiderman bombed, going back to Raimi would ensure success. We're not even sure if the poor sales is attributed to hardcore fan outcry or just general consumer disinterest in the franchise.

That's not really an appropriate analogy.

The Amazing Spiderman still featured the same character under a different writer and directing team, whereas DmC did not. It would be more akin to someone arguing Kamiya take the helm after Itsuno's games sell poorly... but Itsuno's games didn't.

I didn't state anything specific from those findings, I just listed facts. I recognize that they're up to interpretation.

Seyavesh

The Amazing Spiderman still featured the same character under a different writer and directing team, whereas DmC did not.

you mean the part where a character that people loved and recognized lost literally all the traits that made them recognizable and likable in the first place and instead was turned into an unbelievably un-charismatic douche?

edit: or the part where the content was expressly made at the expense of those who liked the character's showings previously while also attempting to hawk a vastly second-rate product

tumblr_mc0zblZVQY1rrdvx9o1_250.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
you mean the part where a character that people loved and recognized lost literally all the traits that made them recognizable and likable in the first place and instead was turned into an unbelievably un-charismatic douche?

edit: or the part where the content was expressly made at the expense of those who liked the character's showings previously while also attempting to hawk a vastly second-rate product

tumblr_mc0zblZVQY1rrdvx9o1_250.gif

Except it was still the same character, it was a plot device, and it was Raimi that did that?

Sesha

If we're going to assume the Spider-Man movie franchise as an analogy to DMC then that means DmC2 would do even worse than it's predecessor and DmC3 to be pushed back in favor of spinoffs. DmC: Vergil's Revengeance, DmC: The Satanic Six and DmC: Kat-astrophe incoming.

To be fair it just says popular franchises. It's a bit different from the wording in their most recent one.

Page 13 is a laugh, though. All Mega Man fans, come here and gather!

And ahaha, under Review of Operations by
Geographical Segments: "“Dino Crisis 3” (for Xbox) grew at a sluggish pace contrary to our expectations".

The fuck were they expecting?! They released a sequel that was in no shape or form like it's predecessors, lacked their quality, and cancelled the PS2 version, having it only released for Xbox, meaning Japan wouldn't fucking care, despite the series having been established on Playstation. What a completely boneheaded set of decisions. Honestly, parts of Capcom during 2002-04 was on some weird shit. DMC2, DC3 and Capcom Fighting Jam were all developed and released in these three years. What a mess.

Which of these games would create the biggest meltdown on Gaf??

- Devil May Cry 5

- Dino Crisis

- Monster Hunter

- Dragons Domga 2

- Street Fighter

- Onimusha

Exclusive on Ps4.

StuBurns

Banned

- Devil May Cry 5

- Dino Crisis

- Monster Hunter

- Dragons Domga 2

- Street Fighter

- Onimusha

Exclusive on Ps4.
It depends. If you mean no handheld MonHuns, then that would have the biggest repercussion on the balance of system sales. Otherwise, Street Fighter.

Street Fighter.

The series has never been exclusive before.

It depends. If you mean no handheld MonHuns, then that would have the biggest repercussion on the balance of system sales. Otherwise, Street Fighter.

Definitely Monster Hunter. Especially if it looks like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC3d8bkKu0U

yeah street fighter or Monster Hunter. That would be some big megatons.

Personally i would scream if Dragons Dogma or Onmisha get announced

FourMyle

- Devil May Cry 5

- Dino Crisis

- Monster Hunter

- Dragons Domga 2

- Street Fighter

- Onimusha

Exclusive on Ps4.

We already know a new SF is coming. e- oh you mean exclusive? SF exclusive would be an awful idea so I hope that's not it.

For me personally it would be a Dragons Dogma 2

Percy

Banned
Making SFV exclusive to any one platform would be such a stupid thing to do. Then again, if anyone is going to be first in line to make a short sighted moneyhat grab, it's Capcom.

Riposte

If I said it once, I've said it a million times:

Devil May Crysis: Infinite Dantes

DMC1 Dante
DMC2 Dante
DMC3/4 Dante
Anime Dante
DmC Dante
DmC (first trailer) Dante
Mexican Donté
Woman Dante
Earth 2 Dante
Vergil Dante
Dante from Dante's Inferno (videogame)
Dante from Dante's Inferno (poem)

Everything is canon.

Korezo

Its probably going to be some crappy Morpheus game, thats the only thing that makes sense if its ps4 exclusive.

Nibel

Please be it a BERSERK game ! We desperately need one and they already have the licence covered thanks to Dragon's Dogma's cross promotion.

This will not happen because the entire games industry is sleeping on one of the best fictional works on earth, and they dislike doing 'new' IPs. :p

robo_qwop

If I said it once, I've said it a million times:

Devil May Crysis: Infinite Dantes

DMC1 Dante
DMC2 Dante
DMC3/4 Dante
Anime Dante
DmC Dante
DmC (first trailer) Dante
Mexican Donté
Woman Dante
Earth 2 Dante
Vergil Dante
Dante from Dante's Inferno (videogame)
Dante from Dante's Inferno (poem)

Everything is canon.
Th

That cracked my shit up, man. Too good.

Piccoro

Well well, what do we have here?
I came back to NeoGaf after a 1-day hiatus, and I'm informed that there may be a DMC5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement soon?

Well, sign me the fuck in for the Hype Train!!!

Jawmuncher

So, i guess Takeuchi was talking about SFV.

Yeah since he brings up SCE this is the game from this.

Dunno if there is another announcement for anything else though.
I would think more SF5 footage and their cup and something at Jump Festa maybe.

Top Bottom