• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teases new PS4 game

Renekton

Still amazed they never brought over Dragons Dogma to PC.
Considering all the money they poured into it, thought they would have tried for every penny. Especially considering the performance issues on consoles.
Given the poor sales (1.3m for an ambitious game), they probably decided to cut their losses.

Final Fight 5

God pls.
plssss!

silhouette-girl-praying-bowed-prayer-43491343.jpg
Final Fight? Not happening in a million years sorry

BadWolf

I think it's going to be a new IP, or have they said anything that indicates it could be a new entry in an established franchise?

Nothing said either way.

The only thing we know is that it will turn heads even in the west so probably high production values.

Nothing said either way.

The only thing we know is that it will turn heads even in the west so probably high production values.

And from existing franchises it could only match Street fighter V ( Ono said they want it to be the best fighting game ever and bla), Biohazard 7 (too early with REmaster and rev 2 in the pipeline) or Devil May Cry 5 ( They said it's still a very important IP).
I doubt this is Dragon's Dogma 2, because Deep Down looks like a spiritual successor mixed with Assassin's Creed (Animus).

Jawmuncher

Regardless of what it is, the amount of people who want a DC return brings a tear to my eye.

If it wasn't for the famitsu, I would have sworn this would be related to the new IP that's apparently at work at Capcom Vancouver.

Is there any chance this would be what Team Itsuno has been working on? Whether it's DMC or DD or even their spiritual successor, I'll take almost anything from the guy who could rival Platinum games.

Akiller

Is there any chance this would be what Team Itsuno has been working on? Whether it's DMC or DD or even their spiritual successor, I'll take almost anything from the guy who could rival Platinum games.

This post made me realize i'd like a new Itsuno character action game IP
almost
as much as DMC5.

A new game would mean a new IP. However, if this mean bring back a classic game, I doubt it.

Knowing Capcom, they'll be going by their "Single content-multiple usage" business model. Which will be bad that people won't be seeing classic revivals for this gen in the long term.

Dahbomb

I know right? Plus recently after watching the new Garo Anime, I've been fantasizing a new dark character action game with a henshin armor hero @_@
It's 100 times better that Itsuno be in charge of a Berserk video game adaptation if we are going to tie him to any anime.

It's 100 times better that Itsuno be in charge of a Berserk video game adaptation if we are going to tie him to any anime.

Well no I'm not saying I want an Anime tie in game, I'm just saying that's where my inspiration for that idea comes from ^^;

(Plus I don't follow Berserk)

Astral Dog

Its going to be DMC 5, I can feel it this time!
I would prefer that to a Dragons Dogma 2, given its the same team

I'd love it if it was Dragon's Dogma 2. Not because of petty console wars, but because it would mean Sony is helping fund it since it's obvious Capcom won't make the game without an external incentive.

Rajang

Monster Hunter PlayStation Legacy Collection.

Nah, it will probably be something like Capcom vs PlayStation brawler.

Raitaro

Final Fight 5

God pls.
plssss!

silhouette-girl-praying-bowed-prayer-43491343.jpg

This would actually be my first choice, however unlikely. A new generation 3D (Godhand/Anarchy Reigns-esque) brawler with a somewhat cartoony graphic style reminiscent of classic Capcom arcade games (assuming that is what you're hoping for as well Greenxyz)? Sign me up!

A third-person Mega Man reboot inspired by Splatoon and Sunset Overdrive would be my second choice, which might be even more unlikely.

Not sure what the teased game could actually be...

Yes but that is their strategy, launching two games of the same IP on completely different platforms that will strenghten each other.

Or something like that...

What do I know? I am just rambling...

Yeah, we need a blue haired dragon boy and a hot angel bird chick to bang. Cmon Cacpcom, give us something from the series that reprents the awesomness of it. Also, bring back fusing party members.

meppi

Was hoping for Senkgoku Basara 5 but never in a million years would even Capcom think that it would turn heads overseas.
Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. :(

Sesha

I've been reading Capcom's financial reports since 2012 this past year, and they're are funny as hell. They all end with a Q&A from the shareholders, with questions down the line of "This area (usually online or mobile) has not performed as expected / has seen negative growth. Why is this / what plans are being made to turn this around (paraphrased)" and the answer is always something like "we did not focus hard enough and are planning to double our focus and resources (paraphrased)." The traditional console space is never top priority, and they always say something that essentially means they'll milk the hell out of successful IPs, even though that rarely happens.

I don't think we'll ever see Capcom return to levels similar to the PS2 gen, and I don't think they'll climb back to the top of the Japanese console market.

I just felt like rambling about Capcom since this is the perfect thread for it. If they do announce Dino Crisis 4 Reboot Edition to capitalize on Jurassic World and the inevitable dino boom, or they announce DMC5, or Dragon's Dogma Remastered with new DLC, like the recently announced Dark Souls 2 remaster, for next gen and PC, I'll be incredibly shocked.

I've been reading Capcom's financial reports since 2012 this past year, and they're are funny as hell. They all end with a Q&A from the shareholders, with questions down the line of "This area (usually online or mobile) has not performed as expected / has seen negative growth. Why is this / what plans are being made to turn this around (paraphrased)" and the answer is always something like "we did not focus hard enough and are planning to double our focus and resources (paraphrased)." The traditional console space is never top priority, and they always say something that essentially means they'll milk the hell out of successful IPs, even though that rarely happens.

I don't think we'll ever see Capcom return to levels similar to the PS2 gen, and I don't think they'll climb back to the top of the Japanese console market.

I just felt like rambling about Capcom since this is the perfect thread for it. If they do announce Dino Crisis 4 Reboot Edition to capitalize on Jurassic World and the inevitable dino boom, or they announce DMC5, or Dragon's Dogma Remastered with new DLC, like the recently announced Dark Souls 2 remaster, for next gen and PC, I'll be incredibly shocked.

Thank you.

Dahbomb

I have been following Capcom's Financial reports since 2004.

Back then they had listed Onimusha as one of their top IPs. It soon died afterwards. So games like LP and DMC being listed in Capcom's top 5 strongest IPs doesn't really mean much.

To say that Capcom isn't reaching their PS2 self any time soon is an understatement. At this point if they could reach their early 360/PS3 days that would be more than satisfactory as well.

The amount of "dead" but good franchises that Capcom has is just simply staggering. Can't think of many other companies with a portfolio like that.

One thing that has not been mentioned in this thread is

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Edit: two things

Resident Evil 2 Remake
Viewtiful Joe

2nd edit: three things

Resident Evil 2 Remake
Viewtiful Joe
God Hand

I loved DMC4 actually. I'd take another game like that over the garbage that was DmC: Devil May Cry all day erryday.

Itsuno's previous game was Dragon's Dogma though. He's said a few years ago he was trying to get a fighting game (new ip, presumably) greenlit. We'll see. His team has been relatively quiet for a few years now.

Squishy3

I loved DMC4 actually. I'd take another game like that over the garbage that was DmC: Devil May Cry all day erryday.

Itsuno's previous game was Dragon's Dogma though. He's said a few years ago he was trying to get a fighting game (new ip, presumably) greenlit. We'll see. His team has been relatively quiet for a few years now.
Yeah, DMC4 may have backtracking, but it still blows everything in DmC away.

I bought DMC4 the day it came out and didn't regret it one bit. Game is fantastic.

Consider me educated. That game was disappointing so I wanted to blame it on Kobayashi instead. :(

It'd be even more disappointing if Itsuno is doing DMC5 though. I'm totally done with that series.

I think it needs a game-design refresh in ways DmC didn't achieve at all (the linear chapter-based design feels particularly archaic) but there's still plenty of unmined potential in DMC.

Hisoka

Yes but that is their strategy, launching two games of the same IP on completely different platforms that will strenghten each other.

Or something like that...

What do I know? I am just rambling...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why???? I thought i'm over it. It hurts, a lot!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
DMC5 or Dragon's Fuckin Dogma and i'm done. Dieing. Dead.

DD2 would be amazing. Untouchable. I don't have a lot of faith in Capcom to recognize the absolute AMAZING gem they have on their hands - easily my favorite RPG of any type last gen.

cmoooooooooon luck dragon go

Top Bottom